Yonex Armortec 250 or Yonex Muscle Power 29?

Discussion in 'Racket Recommendation / Comparison' started by Knocturnal, Mar 25, 2006.

1. Knocturnal

Knocturnal Regular Member

Hi
    Im kinda new to badmin and im trying to buy a new racket but i dont know wat to buy! I was think of buying a Amrmotec 250 but then i saw the Muscle Power 19 now i dont know wat to buy or wat kind of tension or type of straing. Can some one help we choose.I have a bought a used Carbonex 20 specail and a prokennex carbon 727.I am returning the prokennex i dont like it much, help?:crying:

2. Tsumaranai

Tsumaranai Regular Member

Student
    I want to know more about the 250 as well, as I have one on order, but no one seems to know that much or for the matter care about it. Are you sure you don't mean the MP-29 Light, instead of MP-19? And I'm assuming that it's a Carbonex 20 Muscle, which is a modified version of the original CAB-20, integrating the Muscle frame into it.

3. Knocturnal

Knocturnal Regular Member

On ya thats what i mean the MP-29 light my bad

4. Tsumaranai

Student
    Cool, well, I don't think that people are really up-to-date on the new racquets, with the exception of the NS9000 X/S and new Ti-10. In the US, the two racquets are about the same price, so I'm not sure. The MP-29 Light is the same price as the MP-30 which is supposedly a favorite. *shrugs* Anyway, hope someone can tell us some..thing about these new racquets.

5. Tsumaranai

Student
    Hm.., still wondering if anyone has an opinion to share on this. My 250 is still on order, but I'm questioning if the MP-29 Light would indeed be a better choice.

6. Angelofstorm

Angelofstorm Regular Member

Badminton Fanatic
    I've just switched my Carbonex 8200 Light for a Muscle Power 29 Light and the power and defensive mechanisms are quite noticable if not helpful.

7. Angelofstorm

Angelofstorm Regular Member

Badminton Fanatic
    Sorry about double-post but Armortec is more about doubles and Muscle Power is just Smashing, Hard Clears.

8. jam@eadg

jam@eadg Regular Member

right..have to know what kind of player you wanna be. then find the racquet that fits your style.

as for strings, my group mostly use the bg85 and 68ti for high repulsion & control.

there's an article here by kwun about choosing the right equipment and he said that basically, all racquets are the same around 85% of the time, with the additives and characteristics making up the 15%, which to us who are not PROs may not even be noticeable. ergo, don't waste too much money in your racquet...if it makes you feel good while playing, go for it.

as angelofstorm stated, both mp and at are ok, depends on your game. whatever you choose, get the best string, after all, it is the string which will come in contact with the racquet 99% of the time :)