Switching shoes right before a tournament?

Discussion in 'Clothing & Footwear' started by george333, Mar 25, 2006.

1. george333

george333 Regular Member

Associate Director
    Hi all, I have a question that is quite urgent! I usually train with a specific type of shoe but I have noticed that a pair of shoes that I bought but have never used has better support at the heel and on the sides. This is found out 2 days before a major tournament in our highschool district. My question is that should I swutch shoes or not? Also, I feel that the new pair's better support on the haal takes less strain on the calf muscels, somewhere that cramped at a tournament last time. Will the better support help? Thanks in advance!

2. LongReach

LongReach Regular Member

Electronics Tech, Badminton Junkie!
    I find it takes me a while to adjust to new shoes.

If i was entering a tournament I would stick to my current shoes and wait to get use to the new ones during matches that are not as important.

But that is me.......:)

3. Cheung

Cheung Moderator

wannabe badminton phototaker
    If the tournament is not important to you, then you can try your new shoes.

However, if it is important to you, go with equipment that you know best - and that includes the old shoes.

Personally, I would use a pair of new shoes about a month beforehand to get used to them before important tournaments.

4. fishmilk

fishmilk Regular Member

Student
    Try bringing both... if the new ones really don't work, you can switch back.

5. smash_master

smash_master Regular Member

player/coach/student
    so your tournament would be over by now if im corret right? so what dd you end up doing in the end? its best to stick with what you trust and have been using, your shoes play a big part in your game and well if you change them that can affect your footwork which will basically affects your movement around the court. that is if that be the case who knows you might not notice much of a difference and can play the same but its best to trust the equipement you use. you wouldnt restring your racquet with a different tension and/or different string right before a tournament would you? i didnt think so but its all up to the individual.