Yonex Carbonex 30 Muscle? tension? string?

Discussion in 'Badminton Rackets / Equipment' started by Knocturnal, Mar 25, 2006.

1. Knocturnal

Knocturnal Regular Member

Hi!
    I am 16 years old and i stand 5' 6". I wanted to buy a new racket and i was think of buying a Carbonex 30M and i didnt know if i should.I wanted to buy a Armortec 500 but im short on money.I am on my high badmin team i just started and i play doubles but want to move up to singles i have a carbonex 20 special and i like the feel does anyone have any advice.I need help on the string and the tesion help?:confused:

2. player x

player x Regular Member

Cab20 special is a very good racket to start with, but it is also hard to get a new one,so try not to use it for doubles, if something happens then....ok back to your question, I never used AT500, but I've been using Cab30 for a long time already. Cab30 is good for you if you are a control type player, and it is very good in doubles, very durable. But that's just me, V2 from wilson gives me similar feel of Cab30, you can give it a try. badminton.net have it for 80 dollars. hope it helps, and good luck with your season :)

3. player x

player x Regular Member

Forgot about string you asked, When I first switch to Cab30, I used BG80, 85, and 68ti, then 75ti, 75ti is the best string I ever used, but it's expensive and hard to get. So most of the time I use BG80, it's a pretty good match for Cab30. Tension, I used, 26/28 first time,Because I wanted to have a bigger sweet spot, but it doesn't feel right, so I just use 30/33 now. If you are just starting, I think around 23 should be enough.

4. Knocturnal

Thanks alot i think i will use 23 tension but i think i that the 75ti is too much for me i am short on money so i will just use BG 65 is that ok???

5. player x

player x Regular Member

BG65 is good, play with it, and when you restring next time try BG80 if you want more power or just use BG65 if you like it.

6. Knocturnal

Ummm is there 2 types of Cab30m and Cabsp ??? So which one is better?