AT 700 Intermediate Singles...String?

Discussion in 'Badminton String' started by azngeekguy, Mar 26, 2006.

1. azngeekguy

azngeekguy New Member

i just broke my string today and i got a tourney comin up in a week and im goin to get it restrung tomrow so i was just wonderin which type of tension and string i should get. my last string was 65ti at i think the guy said average tension either 16lb or 18lb i forgot i believe 18 on my AT 700

my i guess stats if that will help decidin
    i play singles my best skill is probaly know where to return the birdie..tactical stuff my weakness is that under pressure against someone at my skill level or higher or im gettin pushed around runnin, i am unable to perform those shots accurately like i clear to the middle....drop into the net or out...my clears could probaly use more power bein that its kinda low and weak when im bein worked but in the past 5 days or so....my shots has become surprisinly strong that it sometimes go out at any time...umm i shaft probaly 5 percent of the time on normal conditions and when im bein rushed to get to the birdie gettin worked it jumps to say 15? my last official game my coach said that i need to work on my kills the most bein that i missed my last three points smashin out and losin marginally *sadness* the powre of the smash was enough to score if i was able to hit away from them even if they were ready...umm i guess i generally play defensively against players my skill leve or above with drops and clears wearin them out usually winnin the split...when im playin for fun or people below me than i go offensive....thats all the information i can give right now...hopefully thats enough and not too much so plz give me some comments...ill try to choose the most popular one thanks

edit: my wrist hurts and back sometimes hurt before i play after i start playin or warm up either i forget bout it cuz badminton is all too great or its just a bit of hinge that i need to work loose....i either hit a backhand wrong for my wrist and clear technique is wrong for the shouler or i been usin too much force to put power into my shots...i dunno which but this might be another fact to consider in case someone cares lol

#1 azngeekguy, Mar 26, 2006
    Last edited: Mar 26, 2006
  2. tangy

tangy Regular Member

student
    wow 16 and 18 lbs is quite low. i have a carbonex sp and i just strung it at 23lbs. although changing tention before a tournament is'nt wise

3. luisme

luisme Regular Member

I suggest you to get BG-80. If you want more power string it at 22Lbs, but the control will drop with a noticeble difference. If you want more control, string it at 24LBs, a "little bit" less power but control will be better. It would be enough power for smashing with an at700. I got this racket today strung it at BG-80 with 24LBs. It was soo good, it was like a perfect match for my racket and string. The bg-80 was the best string I have ever had. It has greater control than the bg85, and delivers me the same power but with less sound. Well, who cares if theres less sound, because it could be a silent killer.

4. azngeekguy

azngeekguy New Member

yea perhaps i have the wrong unit of measurement cuz my coach told me 21-22 is the average but my friend said he strung his at 22 and his string i quite stiff can't push it in at all and mine is quite flimsy...how much is the bg 80 compared to 65 ti though

5. luisme

luisme Regular Member

2-3 bucks difference but its worth it, since it still has good durability and better power. Just string it at 24lb and it can never go wrong with at 700. It gives you more control in this kind of smashing racket. The string can give you more power, so none of your energy is lost. Compare to BG65ti, BG 80 is soo a big jump, because of the power the string can deliver. Trust me, I string it the same way I said and nothing goes wrong on me. I think we might be same level.

6. azngeekguy

azngeekguy New Member

hmm you live in sj too...im a highschool player in BVAL league where you play at and i guess ill try that out hopefully it works