Looking for advanced players, play on NUS campus

Discussion in 'Singapore' started by Alanp, Mar 26, 2006.

1. Alanp

Alanp Regular Member

Hi,
    We are a group of alumni and students from NUS. Some of us are from IVP team, some took part in Inter-Faculty Games. We want to look for some new "challenges", since we have played together for such a long time and we are so aware of our friends' strengths and weaknesses. Therefore, we would really welcome a chance to play with some intermediate and advanced players. The place should be on NUS campus, since it's free to book if you are a student there. We play every Saturday from 4-8pm.

Hope to hear from you guys soon.
    Cheers,

2. bad_fan

bad_fan New Member

I am interested,how to contact you guys

hi,
    I guess I am a intermediate player. Love playing badminton very much. Is there anyway to contact you guys?where do you guys normally play?SRC?my email is emailchao@gmail.com. drop me an email if you guys are playing.
    thanks,
    chao

3. Alanp

Alanp Regular Member

Hi,
    Nice to meet you. If you have some friends who are "pros", please invite them over. My email address is qapham@gmail.com, I will contact you soon.
    Cheers,

4. yadi_susan

yadi_susan Regular Member

Hi Alanp,

May I join to your group? May I know NUS campus address? And when start?

Thanks,
    Yadi

5. Alanp

Alanp Regular Member

Hi, welcome welcome. We play every Saturday. Please contact me at qapham@gmail.com, I will tell you the exact venue and time later on.

6. JBKokKeong

JBKokKeong Regular Member

Hi....

Are you guys involved in Team NUS for the Inter Club Competition Starting April 06?

I saw the teams for this year Inter club and found out the new team invited was Team NUS. Wonder are you guys involved.

7. extreme_kaki

extreme_kaki Regular Member

inter club

Any club need to import players? Let me know.
    tks.:D

8. Matrix

Matrix Regular Member

Regional Sales Manager
    Import players???

:confused:Hi extreme kaki,
    What do u mean import players??? Import n export ah?:p Like doing business, man!!!;)
    Matrix:D

9. eizmed

eizmed Regular Member

Doctor
    Hi,

I am interested. I have written to your email.

Thanks.
    :)

10. JBKokKeong

JBKokKeong Regular Member

Hm...

There are 7 teams playing in this Inter-Club League Tournament, by far the most official one in Singapore with quite a number of sponsors involved. If you are playing in age-group than its still quite ok as i know most of the 7 clubs involved needs age-group players between 35-40, 40-45, 45-50, 50 & above...

If you are mentioning about Open doubles, well i think most clubs should have their Open players by now. i m representing my club together with the other 3 to rotate in Open doubles so i guess its full at the moment. Anyway i would say the standard of the Open doubles is quite high. Many National Grade B and Ex-National players are involved. I.e Terry Yeo, Boon Cheong, Traiyut, Ashton Chen etc. All current National players so you might want to try out some games with them to gauge their standard.

The 7 clubs are as follows:

1. Singapore Swimming Club (Maj Victor Sim and gang) Defending Champion.
    2. Evergreen
    3. May Flower ( Singapore Sports School heavily involved in girls)
    4. Harper Valley (Wong Soon Keat's Team )
    5. Warren
    6. Changi Beach Club (Majority Ex-National Player Squad ) Last year runner's up
    7. NUSS

Most of the format and rules are the same as last year. For example, if you are member of more than 1 club, you can play for all of them.
    There is 1 important change for player list is that Evergreen, May Flower and Harper Valley have to provide a register of their team players. For NUSS, only graduate and members are considered part of the team.
    My team is currently having training sessions on wednesday and friday and are looking for very good and quick sparring partners (doubles player) so we welcome anyone (Hopefully Ex-national, Youth squad or ex-malaysian state players etc) who wants to join us. :)

11. Derrick Lim

Derrick Lim Regular Member

Video Producer
    Hello Kok Keong,

I'm interested to be a sparring partner, my skill level is advance. If still available, would like to know the place and time for your training sessions.

Thank you.
    Derrick Lim
    derricklimes@hotmail.com