Strong Pain in Elbow

Discussion in 'Injuries' started by yamhill, Mar 27, 2006.

1. yamhill

yamhill Regular Member

Student
    Last week I had a unique training with tha national coach, he said that I should put my elbow more up and shot only with snap of wrist.

But know after training I feel this pain in my elbow. Can somebody tell me what i possibly do wrong.

thx

2. yamhill

yamhill Regular Member

Student
    nobody can help

3. malayali

malayali Regular Member

namaskaaram..
    Why dont you ask your coach itself why it's hurting, he should be able to help you; If it hurts really badly, the take rest & dont play badminton until it(pain) goes away.

4. LazyBuddy

LazyBuddy Regular Member

Engineer
    Besides all that, pay a visit to a doctor, and tell him/her what you've been doing lately. We are not professional, and wrong advice could be harmful for your health. :eek:

5. Slanter

Slanter Regular Member

In any sport a change to a well-learned routine or action can result in aches and pains that you're not accustomed to. This is normal. Acute or chronic panic, however, is your body's method of informing you to cease current activity.

Mention to your coach that you experience pain after following his advice. He should respond by giving you a programme of excercises allowing you to gradually increase strength in that part of your body to enable you to develop this technique. If not change your coach.

Acute or chronic pain the the elbow (inside) is tendonitis or 'tennis elbow' and can end your badminton play for a season or possibly forever. The condition is usually caused by gripping the handle of the racquet too tightly. Gradually work on your grip strength by regularly squeezing a squash ball. Another common cause is using a small grip, which necessitates gripping harder than necessary to retain a hold on the racquet. Gradually experiment with increasing the size of your grip.

In this, or indeed any advice given in sport, please keep in mind the qualifier used by Harvey Pennick in his Little Red Golf Book. If you are told to take an aspirin you go and take an aspirin, you don't take the whole bottle. Remember I said gradually!