Thread: mis-hitting

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by jerby
    so i should add a cross?
    nyhoo, thanks for the help!
    But it will not fit in because the two grommest above are for one string only. Mis-hits usually cause the middle main strings, above the first cross string, at the top, to snap. If string breakage consistently happens at the first shared grommets at the top (11.30 and 1.30 o'clock) then it is likely that the string breakage is due to shearing of the strings and heat. The first cross/main string at the top must be loose before you pull and tension them. If they are tight, which can generate heat and shearing from power shots, use some wax to loosen them.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Jerby,

You are not alone. i have the same people coming back to me due to mishit. Yes Eepak, the main strings above the cross strings. for the benefit of doubt, i do it for free. there was once when it cam e back to me 4 times in a row with the same person. some players don't understand the concept of mishit. it's like saying, so what if its a mishit, it shouldn't break, should it?.....

the worse is you are playing against them and they start staring at the rackets when they miss shots or hit it so far out. its like they think you have cast a spell on their strings while you were stringing them hmmm why not..............

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default Miss - hitting

Jerby
    I too have the same problems and I suppose all stringers are the same, in that they have those same players coming back taking a chance and trying to blame you for not stringing correctly & get a free re string. I usually give them the benefit of the doubt if the strings break within a week and they are a regular customer but I am wary of some who " try it on" once too often. I sometimes re string for free within 7 days or charge them for the cost of the string. I always replace any sharp grommets before stringing so if the break is close to the frame then a bad miss hit smash is usually to blame. I now examine the stencilling I put on very carefully when the racket is returned as I have had 1 player who tried to pass off his identical spare racket the other week claiming the re string had not lasted.

You try to be of help & give a good service but don't forget there will always be some who try to take advantage.

RAMADA77

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by RAMADA77
    I have had 1 player who tried to pass off his identical spare racket the other week claiming the re string had not lasted.
    And they have the courage to look you in the eye?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I now examine the stencilling I put on very carefully when the racket is returned as I have had 1 player who tried to pass off his identical spare racket the other week claiming the re string had not lasted.
    RAMADA77
    good god, that's pathetic...

but, thanks for the advice everybody!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I play with a guy who must need his done at least once a week because he is a very hard hitter with no technique so his strings just dissapear under the strain of the force being put through them.

And yes he destroys plastic and feather shuttles into oblivion, looking at 3 feathers per game and he has separated countless plastic skirts from the cork

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

then badminton really becomes an expensive game..

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default Miss - hitting

"Originally Posted by RAMADA77
    I have had 1 player who tried to pass off his identical spare racket the other week claiming the re string had not lasted."

And they have the courage to look you in the eye?

Yes, he did think he was going to get away with it, but now he has to go elsewhere for his restrings !

RAMADA77

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

You try to be of help & give a good service but don't forget there will always be some who try to take advantage.
    Again, if there's not trust in between, no business.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Since someone tried to pull a fast one on RAMADA77, it maybe a good idea to for the stringer copy to down the racket's date and serial code as a safe guard.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Matt
    Since someone tried to pull a fast one on RAMADA77, it maybe a good idea to for the stringer copy to down the racket's date and serial code as a safe guard.

Good idea Matt

but many players now favour taking the grip further up the handle and over the cone & I don't want to disturb the grip to record the serial nos.
    Another idea suggested to me is to record details on a very small label printed on the PC, string, tension & date & secure this to the racket with sellotape over the top. If there are perhaps grounds for a free re string then these are only given if the label is still in place.I will try this out but may have to stick it on bottom of butt cap so it is less obvious.I do recommend everyone keeps an accurate record of their restrings in a notebook or on an excel spreadsheet (which I use), it helps me a lot and can be useful in all sorts of ways.

RAMADA77

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Well this lady that strings our racket have this policy, she have a two weeks gauranteed on the string if it is broken. But if u broke it by mishit then she will charge you for it, i mishit my string once after two days of a string job and the string just snapped in the exact same location you described. Tell them straight out that the reason it broke is because they hit the birdie near the top and to the left of the string bed not the middle.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

well, that would be best..but not really subtle..

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

i dont think they would mind if you tell them that they mishit. I did not mind except for the fact that i broke the string so soon , but the lady that strings it is basically the one that strings everybody's racket in san diego. Shes really nice and well known, her shop dont even have a sign that says badminton in front of it, yet if you ask any badminton player in high school and club they will know her. It depends on your reputation i guess

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Lin Dan-Fan
    Well this lady that strings our racket have this policy, she have a two weeks gauranteed on the string if it is broken.
    This policy applies for any tension, any string and any type of players?

I mean, I know quite a load of local players can break their string with 2 weeks of period, even using BG65 with 25lb or lower. Either they are hard hitters or play regularly, or a combo of both. Even for myself, as I slice a lot, my BG85 can never survive for more than 7-10 days, and even 80 can hardly last 15-20.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2