User Tag List

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I had a similiar problem... Me and my partner haven't lost a match in our school league except one game, where these two guys never even returned with a netshot, they were all drives and pushes and it was near impossible to win a point against them. I'm very worried about them in the upcoming tournament.

Flick serves just DON'T work... I have a pretty good disguise and a flick serve that is as deep as it goes, but they will always smash and end the point or stay on the attack until it's over. I have a HUGE problem playing them... please help.

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Well, I guess your disguise is not good enough since they are fast enough to wait it out before hitting. When taking on strong opponents, nothing is more important than your confidence in your shots... particularly your service. Considering that this is one shot where you have 100% control over, it's also one of the most difficult to master since in order to serve well, you must be confident in it. You can't rally until you get it across the net unmolested. Master the low service shot. Not many players can attack a well-done low service shot with drives and... god forbid... netkills.

Quote Originally Posted by fishmilk
    I had a similiar problem... Me and my partner haven't lost a match in our school league except one game, where these two guys never even returned with a netshot, they were all drives and pushes and it was near impossible to win a point against them. I'm very worried about them in the upcoming tournament.

Flick serves just DON'T work... I have a pretty good disguise and a flick serve that is as deep as it goes, but they will always smash and end the point or stay on the attack until it's over. I have a HUGE problem playing them... please help.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

take ur time serving... in order for them to rush at the net they need to b on their toes... if u take ur time it'll throw their timing off pplz tend to slowly tip to one side then u can do w.e once they start tipping... and if they dotn do that juss flick it nice and deep =T

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

i see i see... good tips, good tips... honestly, I think my disguise is pretty good... but they way they drive it, is they use a bit of underspin/slice so the bird isn't as fast as a flat drive but it comes back quite fast and usually the person at the back will have to get it and then we're on the defense.

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

It's not necessarily hopeless. Just practice driving fast to one another. Stance and preparation for the partner of the serving side is similar to defending against smash. His objective is to drive the shuttle back, hopefully to an empty spot. He could also block the shot if it's too near the ground. Now let's just hope you guys practice enough so that you could redirect the shot and not just hit it back to the opponent to smash/drive.

If your opponents are fast, you gotta 'acclimatize' yourself to the new pacing so that you could change it when you have to. Just build up more speed and smoother coordination.

Quote Originally Posted by fishmilk
    i see i see... good tips, good tips... honestly, I think my disguise is pretty good... but they way they drive it, is they use a bit of underspin/slice so the bird isn't as fast as a flat drive but it comes back quite fast and usually the person at the back will have to get it and then we're on the defense.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by cappy75
    Now let's just hope you guys practice enough so that you could redirect the shot and not just hit it back to the opponent to smash/drive.
    i find redirection to be a very handle tool to keep fast and aggressive people guessing. you just have to practice to be able to control it in really fast rallies. it can get easy to accidentally smack things out wide

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

if his agressive u can clear to the end buy some time or drive it at him and reduce his timing. since his waiting to destroy you mind as well drive it somewhere far so he run for it

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2