badminton, tennis, ping-pong tournament

Discussion in 'USA East' started by sporty chic, Mar 31, 2006.

1. sporty chic

sporty chic New Member

Does anyone know of a combined badminton, tennis, ping-pong tournament??? Please help. Please reply to zel_alina@hotmail.com

2. demolidor

demolidor Regular Member

To play in *Places to play* or a "sport" that combines them all?? IF you're looking for the sport then it's Racketlon :cool:

#2 demolidor, Mar 31, 2006
    Last edited: Mar 31, 2006
  3. stumblingfeet

stumblingfeet Regular Member

I believe racketlon includes squash as well, right?

4. demolidor

demolidor Regular Member

Correct :)

Definition of Racketlon

The following three pinciples need to be fulfilled in order for a sport to qualify for the term Racketlon:

* The game must include the following four sports: table tennis, squash, badminton and tennis
    * The game must be built on the concept of a racketlon match involving the same two individuals (pairs in doubles) playing each other in all four sports - with equivalent sets being played in each sport.
    * Each rally must count. The player (pair) who wins most rallies is the winner of the racketlon match.

Any sport that fulfills the three principles above is racketlon. Any other sports involving the combination of several racket sports might be termed "multi racket sports" - but they are not Racketlon.

5. cgote16

cgote16 Regular Member

student/ breeder
    yep ! i believe they just had one down town toronto a few weeks ago ...i heard lots of good things about it (and it did include squash)

6. sporty chic

sporty chic New Member

thanx all for your help. Now, can anyone tell me where I can find Racketlon in the U.S.? I've found it in Canada, and many European websites, but I can't seem to find anything in the U.S.

7. EastcoastAZN

EastcoastAZN Regular Member

Badminton mercenary
    Meow

I doubt a handful of people in the U.S. even know that "racketlon" is a word. In the U.S. table tennis is played during free time in college gyms, badminton and squash are recreation sports, and tennis is the only mainstream racket sport widely recognized in the U.S. Good luck finding it here. Maybe best way to search are the I.S.A. (international students association) on college campuses. :p