Yet another request for racket suggestions

Discussion in 'Racket Recommendation / Comparison' started by Milto, Mar 31, 2006.

1. Milto

Milto Regular Member

Hi all,
    I haven't played badminton in 10+ years and decided to get back into the game. Plan to play 2-3 hrs once a week - usually doubles. After 2 sessions I noticed that my clears aren't going back far enough and my smashes aren't strong enough. Could be due to the fact that I'm rusty and this will improve as I develop arm strength but in the meantime, is there a racket that can help compensate so I don't embarrass myself too much? All court style - male by the way if that matters. Oh and currently using a Prince TT Beast. Prefer not to spend more than US100 or thereabouts.
    Thanks.

#1 Milto, Mar 31, 2006
    Last edited: Mar 31, 2006
  2. Milto

Milto Regular Member

OK. Did some research here on the board. Thinking of maybe the Wilson n5 or n6. Comments?

3. Takara

Takara New Member

it really depends on your personall preferences in my opinion
    i peronsally like raquets that weigh evenly. im not a big fan of heavy heads
    i currently use a kason carvel u-4. its cheap and decent since im just playing for a highschool and nothing else. kasons are cheap. you cna find it here
    www.e-badmintonusa.com

4. LazyBuddy

LazyBuddy Regular Member

Engineer
    Check with NYCB, as they are dealers for Yonex, Gosen and SOTX. Schedule a time with them, visit one of their gyms, and demo some rackets. I am sure you will come up with something you like. ;)

5. Milto

Milto Regular Member

Thanks! I've decided to buy a cheapo Wilson n5 and use that until my game improves.