Racquet dilemma

Discussion in 'Racket Recommendation / Comparison' started by jaicee, Apr 1, 2006.

1. jaicee

jaicee Regular Member

Based in New Zealand I have only had exposure to Yonex racquests and the odd Prince, Babalot racquet. I will be going to Singapore and Hong Kong shortly and plan to purchase a couple of racquets. But am unsure what these shops offer as I know I will be bewildered by the range of non Yonex racquets there. Should I try a cheap 'Clonex' racquet, or someting else or stick to Yonex. Note that I seem to break racquets at a rate of 3 every 2 years so am budgeting $170 SGD per racquet. So what brand/racquet do you suggest I get for that value?
    I only play doubles and am more a receiving, consistency player but I currently use a CAB30MS to try make my smashes more effective and also it seems to be a durable racquet.

2. surge

surge Regular Member

try the new Ti10(yellow/balck). at SGD165, it is within yr budget and it a rather good racket to play w. it swings faster that the old Ti10 but still generate a good amount of power. if you need help finding good shops in singapore or wanna play a few games here, can pm me and join our group for some doubles action( have singles too if you are keen on that)

cheers

3. Dreamzz

Dreamzz Regular Member

the verdict's still out on the new ti-10.
    if you're looking to pack more of a punch, try and find an old ti-10, they should be within your budget, and should be amongst the most durable of yonex's high end racquets.
    that is, if you can find one, there's talk of people stock-piling these now on the site! :cool:
    oh yeah, try and get the 2004 model as BJ's testing seems to indicate the 2005 onwards ti-10s have become more head-light.

4. jaicee

jaicee Regular Member

thanks, i had heard of the ti10 but didn't know there was a new model out. i will check that out then. i plan to go racquet shopping on easter sat so may pm if still clueless that day. thanks