Yonex BG-70Pro vs. BG-80

Discussion in 'Badminton String' started by Tsumaranai, Apr 1, 2006.

1. Tsumaranai

Tsumaranai Regular Member

Student
    OK, well, I'm not really familiar with the quality of strings and all that technical stuff, so if people could educate me on the benefits and hindrances of the overall best string, regarding power, resiliency, durability, and control.

I'd like to mainly compare the Yonex BG-70Pro to BG-80, as BG-85 has been said to lack durability, therefore, requiring constant restringing.

So, teach away.

2. jerby

jerby Regular Member

in short:

BG80 is thinner: 0.68mm. So 80 is generally more powerfull and has more touch. bg80 is know for feel, repulsion and a sheer increase in 'power'

bg70 is thicker: 0.70mm. I haven't played it, but genrally it trails in playability. but is a lot more durable. also bg70 is known to keep tension good for a long period of time.

good luck!

3. AMRaider

AMRaider Regular Member

I like the non-TI strings , especially BG80. I havn't been able to get used to the TI strings slipperyness, so I usually use BG80 or BG70 around 22lbs.

BG80: Medium durability. Elastic string; very easy to get power out of it. Loses tension faster than BG70 though. Makes a nice sound on hard hits. Usually a tad more expensive than BG70.

BG70: Very durable. I find it to be a "hard" string. In other words, it is not as elastic as BG80 and doesn't absorb shock on impact as well. Very good at holding tension. I usually have to swing pretty hard to get good power out of this string, perhaps because it is not very elastic.

Both strings have similar feel at the net, but BG80 seems to have a little more bounce at 22lbs than BG70. Hope that helps.

4. LUKKK

LUKKK Regular Member

Student
    Well, BG70Pro has longer durability than most strings. BG80 is a great string for repulsion and power, I string it on my CAB30MS @ 22lbs but some say the durability of the string isnt too good but i havent experienced that problem yet.

5. iso300

iso300 Regular Member

BG-70Pro lasts much longer than the BG-80. It maintains tension a little better. (I don't think any strings loses tension as much as the BG-65)
    BG-70 Pro feels much more stiff than the BG-80. The BG-80 string lasted me for only a month and I don't hit very hard. But it does give more power and it's not too hard on my wrist/arm.

Control for both strings are about the same i find. If you're a hard-hitter then try out the BG-70 Pro first.

Good luck.

6. Tsumaranai

Tsumaranai Regular Member

Student
    Well, I don't know. It really depends on conditions and how you play. I don't really see how people seem to wear out strings so quickly. Hm.., well my Armortec 250 is ordered with custom stringing of Yonex BG-80. So.., I'm not really sure. I have an ISO 665 with the manufacturer string, which I'm guessing as much, is BG-65, and there doesn't seem to be that much wrong. I've used 665 for about 2 weeks, though I my smashes seem to be getting weaker, as the shuttle flies too slowly. Anyway, I guess I'll see about BG-80. Hopefully, it won't wear out as quickly as you say.