Coaching

Discussion in 'Singapore' started by DasH87, Apr 1, 2006.

1. DasH87

DasH87 New Member

student
    Want to improve my techniques, need to brush up. I know I have talent in the sport, but its been a while since I've played, been studying. Does anyone know of any good coaches? do drop me a reply since I would very much like to play professionally. ( dont laugh):confused:

2. Iwan

Iwan Regular Member

Hi Dash, do you know how to play all the strokes? And how are your footwork?

3. DasH87

DasH87 New Member

student
    That's a good question. Frankly speaking, I am very lousy. That's why I need a coach. And I can do the hard work. Rusty already. Rather than let this thing become a regret, I shall try and revive my knack for the sport. Thanks for asking.

4. Iwan

Iwan Regular Member

Hmm... ok... how do you know you have a talent though?

5. DasH87

DasH87 New Member

student
    Played in school during pe. I was surprisingly not bad. Do you have any contacts to teach me? because I need coaching.That's the whole point of posting a reply right, thanks.

6. Iwan

Iwan Regular Member

Well, there are a few leads here and there. The best person to contact would actually be www.singaporebadminton.org.sg They can recommend clubs to you. As for me, well I have a group of badminton players around your age who trains regularly, but we train at Bishan SH which is quite far away from you. Anyway, I was just asking to see if you were at the level to join us. Unfortunately, we are preparing for a tournament right now, so we can't really help you out much, but do check with SBA and ask them for a club recommendation though, good luck ;)

7. DasH87

DasH87 New Member

student
    alrights, thanks a whole bunch, really appreciate it, good lucks!:)

8. DivingBirdie

DivingBirdie Regular Member

student
    i am similar to you.......need coaching. 17 this year and never been coached before. growing more in interest and eager to become better
    i see that your location is kembangan........i play at kembangan cc around once a week...i usually peep and people when they're having coaching lessons and try to learn myself (saves money)

when u find a coach can u post it???? i am also concerned about getting a coach for my younger brother. i don't want him to end up like me..........too old and unaccomplished...

9. JYong

JYong Regular Member

10. SkyRider

SkyRider Regular Member

i am similar to you.......need coaching. 17 this year and never been coached before. growing more in interest and eager to become better
    i see that your location is kembangan........i play at kembangan cc around once a week...i usually peep and people when they're having coaching lessons and try to learn myself (saves money)

You may contact Yadi at hp90297506. He is fr Indonesia. He might be able to come to kembangan to coach in the evening after 7pm. Ex-Indonesia player. Coach fee is still ok with his yr of experience.
    If you can ask him to come on either monday, wednesday or friday evening to kembangan after 8pm to 10pm. I switch my son lesson to this time.

11. lohtw

lohtw Regular Member

Hi JYong,

Was thinking of the same thing as you... actually I enrolled in one of the classes.

DASH87,

The class is a beginner class more towards introducing the basics. In fact, the class I am in is more for adults, introducing the basic strokes, footwork. Less emphasis is made on fitness where we are not pushed as hard. Most of the time, we will be playing doubles or half court singles.

We did have youngsters with us. One from Iwan's group was with us. During school holidays, we also had some secondary schools' students joining us.

12. gabxzz

gabxzz Regular Member

student
    hey... can i ask if all the courses are for beginners?... or are there any other levels too?

13. lohtw

lohtw Regular Member

The Learn-to-Play scheme for adult is more towards beginners-intermediate. I understand that there are other levels available, perhaps at other centres. Do check out the website.
    Maybe you would like to come down to join us at Yishun?:)

14. gabxzz

gabxzz Regular Member

student
    Hi... Thanks for your info. I gave Hougang centre a call, they informed me that it is only for beginners.:eek: Thats the one closest to where I stay anyway. I would like to play with you in yishun though, Thanks for your invitation. When do you play?.. Is there any coaches among you?:D .. haha.. i need some coaching.. hiaz

15. lohtw

lohtw Regular Member

Hi gabxzz,

Would greatly welcome you if you want to come over. The new class should start next Tues 5 Sep ( but it is not confirmed yet). I am playing on Tuesday. There is only one coach for the class: Mr James Tan. Usually we will go through some drill and play doubles afterwards.