In need of Craig Cooper photos!

Discussion in 'Professional Players' started by chelsea, Apr 3, 2006.

1. chelsea

chelsea Regular Member

I watched him play at the Commonwealth Games. He plays for NZ and me and my friends were his biggest fans in Melbourne - he is adorable!! I thought he should be a model not a badminton player and then a friend of mine from NZ says that she's actually seen him do modelling!! Not only that but when we went up to him to ask for autographs he was soooooo charming :p. So if anyone has any photos of him please please please post them on this thread. You would make this girl oh so happy!! :)

2. LongReach

LongReach Regular Member

Electronics Tech, Badminton Junkie!
    I have photos but i will not give them out or post them.

Because he is a cheater with his illegal serve, lol:D

Just kidding, I have no photos of him.

There is a user on here: twodogs

He prob has some tho.

3. Dylan

Dylan Regular Member

Student
    Hi Chelsea. It's true he does do modelling - I've seen him on an ANZ Bank catalogue. Maybe you could find photos on the banks website?? My sister is a fan of him as well!

4. Dylan

Dylan Regular Member

Student
    Think you might be getting his serve mixed up with the Aussie guy. Craig's serve is pretty high especially as he is preparing but by the time he hits the shuttle it isn't above his waist - he is nearly 6 foot 5 don't forget! I've never seen him get faulted for it.

5. chelsea

chelsea Regular Member

I must admit I wasn't taking much notice of his serve!!:eek:

6. chelsea

chelsea Regular Member

Thanks Dylan. I checked the ANZ websites but no luck. You seem to know a lot about him, any idea if he's coming back to Melbourne any time soon?? :rolleyes:

7. LongReach

LongReach Regular Member

Me mixed up?

Wasn't there to see brehauts serve............maybe it was a fault but I can't clarify this. Craig Coopers serve is illegal................I was there a number of days at the games..........If you say that serve is totally legal i suggest you get a rule book and re-evaluate your idea of a legal serve.

He doesn't hit the shuttle above the waist? Man are you blind?

The rules have changed in the fact you can now strike the shuttle aslong as the point of contact is below your lowest rib. He was hitting the shuttle just below his chest. He did not get picked up by and service judge:confused:

Yes he is nearly 6 foot 5..............I am 6 foot 4 so............that is no excuse.

You may not agree with me but other people I know who know the rules do.
    Brehaut served like that to give him a taste of his own medicine........................and guess what.........he did not like it....so much so he got red carded.

Look I am not against NZ because I am Australia. Nz is the second team I go for at the games;) But that serve of his is just 'bs' apart from that he Is an amazing player!

8. LongReach

LongReach Regular Member

If you really want the photos of him search for a user 'twodogs' trust me he has photos of all at the games ok:)

I got some photos of Rachel Hindley.........she' hot.

9. Dylan

Dylan Regular Member

Student
    Yeah fair enough man - each to their own. But remember it wasn't just one service judge that didn't think it was illegal, it was all of them. I still think he lowers his racket just before contact and that it just looks illegal because of his high preparation and because of how tall he is. If some short player served with the same technique you probably wouldn't have noticed. But illegal or not you can't really blame him if he's not getting faulted.

By the way it wasn't Cooper who got red-carded it was his partner Belinghm, Cooper stayed pretty calm from what I saw and I don't even think the Aussie guy used his drive serve on Cooper.

10. Dylan

Dylan Regular Member

Student
    No idea sorry. I've never actually met him I've just seen him play a few times.

11. chelsea

chelsea Regular Member

Thanks. Will do :eek:

12. LongReach

LongReach Regular Member

I gave the red card to the wrong person. lol

I was not there on that day...........someone at my stadium told me it was cooper............and til this moment, thought it was him. Sorry.....I know now who it was.

In your mind was the australians serve illegal?

13. Ben Beckman

Ben Beckman Regular Member

Badminton Coach
  14. Dylan

Dylan Regular Member

Student
    It was illegal. Apparently after the game the Australian coach admitted that it was illegal but said that as long as they're not getting faulted they will keep doing it. Fair enough. Was no excuse for Bellinghm taking out his frustration at the Aussie player it should be directed at the service judge. The problem is that the service judge obviously thought that in front of a noisy, capacity home crowd it was easier and less controversial to keep his mouth shut. He didn't say a word the entire match. The NZers asked to have the sevice judge changed but the referee said no.

15. LongReach

LongReach Regular Member

I feel that is discraceful behavior from the Australian coach if that is the case you have stated...............it is ok if you don't get caught?:confused: Winning without honor is not winning...........I know you said it was 'fair enough'............but I would say that it is 'not got enough' to resort to measure like that.

Would like to get that match somewhere so I can take a look at it.

I use to play Brehaut in junior tournaments, he was 1 junior who use to beat me at singles, everytime I played him..3 times I think..............Dam him:mad: lol. From what I remember he was a good sport......but that was like 10-15 years ago.

He still trains with the rest of the Aus team at the same stadium I play at.

#15 LongReach, Apr 6, 2006
    Last edited: Apr 6, 2006
  16. chelsea

chelsea Regular Member

Thanks Ben, you're a darling :p . Is this a recent photo? Where did you get it?

17. chelsea

chelsea Regular Member

I know Craig's partner was out of line and I dont know anything about the serving rules but those two Aussie guys were also way over the top. I was embarassed that they were Australian the way they were always trying to stare down the opponents and yell in their faces when they won points. :mad:

18. Ben Beckman

Ben Beckman Regular Member

Badminton Coach
    i found it on google images chelsea. it was the only picture on there.