Stringing for AT800DE

Discussion in 'Badminton Stringing Techniques & Tools' started by lightsmash, Apr 3, 2006.

1. lightsmash

lightsmash Regular Member

Target board
    Hi guys,

I just bought an AT800DE and I didnt go to my regular stringer cos its so far away, so I strung it nearby and I'm not sure if the stringing pattern is correct. Would appreciate if anyone can shed some light.

[​IMG]

the "tie-off" is circled in red, i read somewhere in the forum that there should be 3 or 4 tie-off points? I'm not sure...does the pic indicate that the stringing is done correctly?:eek:

2. Matt

Matt Regular Member

IT Developer
    Yonex rackets should be using the two piece string method. In the picture, it's using the one piece string method.

Yonex would void the warrenty if it is not strung correctly if it breaks as a result.

3. lightsmash

Target board
    gosh...how does it look like if its 2 piece method.
    i just bought it, i dont wan to break it. :(

4. Matt

Matt Regular Member

IT Developer
  5. lightsmash

Target board
    thanks for the link Matt. By the way, which stringing pattern will hurt the frame more? Like which pattern is more likely to break the frame if a mishit occurs?

6. Matt

Matt Regular Member

IT Developer
    It's sort tough question because it is debatable. Members here who string rackets, could provide their input.

7. manduki

manduki Regular Member

Student
    haha same with me :p. I got mine strung from some random guy and he strung it with 2 knots -.-

Juss got it back today. I've had this happen before right when i got my racket, a very reputable stringer strung it like that and there wasn't any problems except it broke like 3 weeks after stringing (maybe it was cause the string was BG 66)

I am curious though, if the one piece stringing method is bad.

8. LazyBuddy

LazyBuddy Regular Member

Engineer
    In theory, the string job looks fine. However, if for US Yonex warranty concern, there are at least 2 things voilate the warranty terms:

1. 1 piece method instead suppose to be 2 pieces method

2. 22 cross instead of suppose to be 21 cross - an extra cross at the bottom

9. lightsmash

Target board
    well, hes quite a reputable stringer in singapore(recommended by fellow bc'ers)...i hope my racquet doesnt break. xD

10. JBKokKeong

JBKokKeong Regular Member

Cannot Judge....

You cant judge the stringing by the tie-off as the tie off can be anywhere. The best tie-off spot will be at the grommet closest to the last grommet where the string exit to make sure minimal tension loss.

I have reach my 1st mile stone of 1000 rackets yesterday night with a Yonex AT 800 OFF. It is by far the most "lay-chay" racket to string if you are going for high tension stringing. The extra hole created actually creates the problem of having to move the main string in order for the cross string to come out (season stringer should know what i mean lolz...).

My experience is that 4 knot stringing % of racket breaking or cracking is lesser than 2 knots. (i always analyse the rackets that is send to me for stringing) Could be due to a lot of reason but i think the main one will be that the stringing is not so well balance as i suspect the last main and cross string to be strung is higher than the 1st string at the side. (just my opinion anyone care to share?)

Light smash, u may bring your AT 800 DF during one of Jimmy's session at CCK 8am and if i have the chance can help you take a look at it.:cool:

11. lightsmash

Target board
    thanks for offering to help wilfred.
    i'll show u the next time round.:)