trip to Malaysia/Singapore

Discussion in 'Singapore' started by mandm, Apr 4, 2006.

1. mandm

mandm Regular Member

Chaps

I am visiting Malaysia and Singapore next week, as this is my first trip to Fareast hence have no idea what to expect but am looking forward to it.
    That’s aside, I would be keen to buy badminton shoes and some t-shirts (yonnex), any idea where I can get the best deal, i.e Malaysia or Singapore, please recomend places. Thanks in advance for your help.
    Cheers

2. Slacker

Slacker Regular Member

Baddy Fanatic/Addict FULL-TIME!!!
    Hi mandm, u can try looking at this most recent thread about buying rackets in Spore... http://www.badmintoncentral.com/forums/showthread.php?p=354495#post354495

Alternatively, this thread also provides lots of info for shoes, shirts, rackets in Spore.... http://www.badmintoncentral.com/forums/showthread.php?t=15401

If anything unclear, i guess we guys here will be able to help u as much as possble. :D

3. surge

surge Regular Member

for singapore,

go queensway shopping center- its the sports place in singapore. sells all kinds of sports stuff. do check prices around different shops too, there are about 4 shops that sell loads of badminton stuff. the place is in the west, about 20min from town if you take a cab there. cab fee should be about $7 plus

brash basah complex- this is nearer to town area. the nearest mrt station is cityhall or bugis, ask for directions from the mrt, it is very easy to find. also do shop around.

if you are keen for a game in singapore to try out your new racket, can pm me. we have games on sat and sun regular. though i am not the organiser, i can help ask him if you are keen to play. :)

4. surge

surge Regular Member

forgot to add,

yonex stuff are cheaper in singapore. brands like proace or apacs are cheaper in malaysia.

guide price in singapore:

at700-200
    ti10red-160
    ti10yellow-165
    nano9000-270

guide price only, include strings and grip. hope these helps

5. mandm

mandm Regular Member

thanks m8, but i still need to know where i get better deals, singapore or Malaysia....

6. vince_kan

vince_kan Regular Member

Hi mandm,

Since you are looking for shoes and yonex t-shirts, singapore will be the place for you...yonex stuff and shoes are not that cheap in malaysia. Unless you want to buy other brand's racquets such as proace or apacs as surge has mentioned, then you go malaysia. Also for shoes singapore prices for yonex and mizunos are better. You may have problems finding them in Malaysia, even then the prices will be more expensive as compared to singapore....

Cheers,

7. Slacker

Slacker Regular Member

Hi madm.... so have u roughly look thru the 2 threads above??? :) If so, u will know roughly the prices and some of the more well-known shops in Spore.

Maybe it might be useful if u can tell us what racket models u wana buy.... same applies to shoes and accessories too... and then we post the prices and places to buy in Spore. :D

8. xWork

xWork New Member

Hi mandm,

Maybe u can let us know when u will be coming to Singapore. We can even organize a "shopping" trip around Singapore amongst some members here (this is one shopping trip most guys here will not mind anyway!!! Heee :D ). It will be an experience for the new to the sports or long lost touch to the sport and maybe we can even better price buying in volume.

Just me and my crazy idea! :rolleyes:

Cheers!!

9. mandm

mandm Regular Member

i did look through the very long thread and when i reached the end i did not know what i was looking for :)

Yes thats good idea if i tell u guys the model i', after, well any yonnex shoes value for money, as i am not a pro so i'm looking for somehting cheap and cheerful which can last, not after fancy or sought after pair

I saw this HI-TEC Switchback shoes, like the look of it and would not mind buying this pair too so my choice now narrowed to;
    HI-TEC Switchback
    Any Yonnex cheap and cheerful pair (SHB series?)
    let me know the place and price in Malaysia & singapore and i would be thnaksful to you all.
    For those who asked me to have a game/shopping trip, unfortunately its not possible as i am travelling with my family and we have an organised trip and set sechdule, but many be next time.
    cheers guys

10. Slacker

Slacker Regular Member

Bro, i dun tink Hi-Tec Swtichback is sold here in Spore, never seen one...... but saw the pic posted by Dinkalot.... the shoe sure looks coooollll...!!! :D

Yonex Shb series shoes should cost ard S$100-S$150 onwards at Bras Basah Complex in which the Shb99Ltd is the most expensive. :)

11. extremenanopowe

extremenanopowe Regular Member

Chief Coach. The best and still active.
    www.extreme-power.org or xtremexn.blogspot.com
    shopping.

Hi,
    To make life simple and less stressful, why not have a complete wish list and let the kind souls to quote you. Then just go directly to them to pick it up and enjoy some games or tour instead of wasting time on shopping. Hope this helps you to enjoy your trip. Not much diff now days.
    rgds:D

12. qinglong

qinglong Regular Member

Yonex shop at Far East Shopping Centre at Scotts Road having a promotion of SHB-99 at SGD99/- a pair. No idea how long the promotion will last.