User Tag List

Page 602 of 1017 FirstFirst ... 102 502 552 588 589 590 591 592 593 594 595 596 597 598 599 600 601 602 603 604 605 606 607 608 609 610 611 612 613 614 615 616 652 702 ... LastLast
Results 10,218 to 10,234 of 17282
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Mr.Chu View Post
    ---->8---- cut here (include this line) ---->8----
    racket model: Yonex Armortec 600
    shaft serial: 1234567
    cone code : 021292US
    source : gary_seeker, Badminton central
    price : US$120 shipped paid through paypal
    Are you serious? the shaft ser # is incorrect. Even w/o the ser#, I am sure the racquet is 100% real from Gary_seeker.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by silentheart View Post
    Are you serious? the shaft ser # is incorrect. Even w/o the ser#, I am sure the racquet is 100% real from Gary_seeker.
    8932167 021292US the yonex paint above the grip are faded in a consistant pattern. I was concerned.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by ryim_ View Post
    Checking for authenticity does not require the same model or distribution code. I've read through the posts and it seems that other BCF members have bought genuine products from that store and I don't think (I'm not totally sure though) a couterfeit UK coded racket has been spotted yet here on BCF. But if you did not copy the serial and code correctly, then I'm pretty sure its counterfeit.
    Ryim, that doesn't really make sense. The codes posted are those on the racket. As mentioned there hasn't yet been a UK coded counterfeit and I'd be nothing short of amazed if the chosen distibution method for such a counterfeit was one of Yonex UK's authorised stockists with 30+ years standing.

I'm pretty comfotable the racket is genuine (unless anyone can offer any clear evidence to the contrary, other than the codes), but clearly the numbers are different to those currently referred to so some forther discussion is welcome.

Lastly, I'm not the only one with a racket coded thus. It would be more than coincidence in my opinion.

Cheers

mark

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by mhigham View Post
    Ryim, that doesn't really make sense. The codes posted are those on the racket. As mentioned there hasn't yet been a UK coded counterfeit and I'd be nothing short of amazed if the chosen distibution method for such a counterfeit was one of Yonex UK's authorised stockists with 30+ years standing.

I'm pretty comfotable the racket is genuine (unless anyone can offer any clear evidence to the contrary, other than the codes), but clearly the numbers are different to those currently referred to so some forther discussion is welcome.

Lastly, I'm not the only one with a racket coded thus. It would be more than coincidence in my opinion.
    A few things that I would like to highlight in this case.

Firstly, I would not know what codes are laser engraved on your racket. However, the serial and date code you posted were in indeed counterfeit. The reason I say that is because there have been rackets manufactured after yours (27-Oct-09) and the serials did not start over again. Is there a logical reason that they started over? At least I can't think of any.

The best solution is to post close up pictures so we can all inspect whether the racket is genuine or not. Even though there has not been any counterfeit UK coded rackets to date, it does not mean that this one is genuine.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Cheers

mark
    Mark,

I have no reason to believe that your racquet is a counterfeit, since you have posted the photo of the handle with the appropriate Yonex bar code sticker. I have owned a generous amount of genuine Yonex racquets from most of the production periods and the statement about checking for the bar code sticker in question was indeed written by me. Remember me stating that "most people are too ignorant to understand what this sticker means"?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Blitzzards View Post
    Mark,

I have no reason to believe that your racquet is a counterfeit, since you have posted the photo of the handle with the appropriate Yonex bar code sticker. I have owned a generous amount of genuine Yonex racquets from most of the production periods and the statement about checking for the bar code sticker in question was indeed written by me. Remember me stating that "most people are too ignorant to understand what this sticker means"?
    Thanks Blitzzards.

I guess the next question (assuming there is agreement the racket is genuine) is where did it come from and why do the numbers differ. Apologies if this matter is stealing away from the true nature of this thread.

Cheers

Mark

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by ryim_ View Post
    A few things that I would like to highlight in this case.

Firstly, I would not know what codes are laser engraved on your racket. However, the serial and date code you posted were in indeed counterfeit. The reason I say that is because there have been rackets manufactured after yours (27-Oct-09) and the serials did not start over again. Is there a logical reason that they started over? At least I can't think of any.

The best solution is to post close up pictures so we can all inspect whether the racket is genuine or not. Even though there has not been any counterfeit UK coded rackets to date, it does not mean that this one is genuine.
    With due respect Ryim, I'm not going to back someone on an internet forum over a company I (and thousands of players in the UK) have a lot of respect for on the basis that you don't think it makes sense the numbers should have restarted (I'm very aware of what the numbers say, but they aren't out of sequence.... they are altogether different is my point).

As already mentioned, there is an NZ coded Arcsaber Z-Spark with a similar date and a similar serial, which hints that there may in fact be a second production line for high end Yonex rackets. I can't rule that out, and until Yonex UK tell me otherwise, I stand by the racket being genuine. Clearly I may be wrong, but the balance of the evidence is in my favour at the moment (in my opinion).

Cheers

Mark

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by ddavv View Post
    racket model: Yonex Nanospeed 850
    shaft serial: 2983664
    cone code : 161294US
    source : badmintonavenue.com
    price : $89
    Thank you for awesome service!!!
    I have checked in the information of your Yonex Nanospeed 850 shaft Serial:2983664; Cone Code:161294US (date=16 Dec 2009) to my information list of Yonex rackets Developed by Yonex Japan (on the shaft) and Made in Taiwan (on the cap), its shaft serial and cone code are legitimate.

However you still need to inspect the other physical features of the racket carefully and compare the specifications to ascertain its total legitimacy or authenticity yourself.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by AMG01 View Post
    racket model: Yonex Muscle Power 66
    shaft serial: 4704412
    cone code : 060142UK
    source : Second hand, private purchase
    price : US$60
    I have checked in the information of your Yonex Muscle Power 66 shaft Serial:4704412; Cone Code:060142UK (date=06 Jan 2004) to my information list of Yonex rackets made in Japan, its shaft serial and cone code are legitimate.

However you still need to inspect the other physical features of the racket carefully and compare the specifications to ascertain its total legitimacy or authenticity yourself.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

With due respect Ryim, I'm not going to back someone on an internet forum over a company I (and thousands of players in the UK) have a lot of respect for on the basis that you don't think it makes sense the numbers should have restarted (I'm very aware of what the numbers say, but they aren't out of sequence.... they are altogether different is my point).

As already mentioned, there is an NZ coded Arcsaber Z-Spark with a similar date and a similar serial, which hints that there may in fact be a second production line for high end Yonex rackets. I can't rule that out, and until Yonex UK tell me otherwise, I stand by the racket being genuine. Clearly I may be wrong, but the balance of the evidence is in my favour at the moment (in my opinion).

Cheers

Mark
    Any news from Yonex UK ? I am interested to find out, what the conclusion is, my barcode was similar to that one, however when I put karakal ripple grip on it, and the removed it a month later, bit of I ripped off, so it I isn't complete anymore (but still legit)

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

racket model: Yonex Arcsaber 10

shaft serial: 7670663
    cone code : 120792CH

source : ebay sellers online shop (not through ebay)
    price : US$95

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by UK Badders View Post
    racket model: Yonex Arcsaber 10

shaft serial: 7670663
    cone code : 120792CH

source : ebay sellers online shop (not through ebay)
    price : US$95
    ebays sellers shop still = eBay
    And there is a thread for these kind of purchases

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

racket model: Yonex Nanospeed 9900
    shaft serial: 8947057
    cone code : 081292GR
    source : Ton Buijzen Sport, Steenbergen
    price : US$163
    Last edited by Tomixster; 03-02-2010 at 04:21 PM.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Tomixster View Post
    racket model: Yonex Nanospeed 9900
    shaft serial: 8947057
    cone code : 081292GR
    source : Ton Buijzen Sport, Steenbergen
    price : US$163
    Your racket is Legit

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by LD rules! View Post
    Any news from Yonex UK ? I am interested to find out, what the conclusion is, my barcode was similar to that one, however when I put karakal ripple grip on it, and the removed it a month later, bit of I ripped off, so it I isn't complete anymore (but still legit)
    Nothing major in terms of update - Yonex UK can't confirm an individual racket other than by checking it against the same items in their warehouse. The guy I spoke with did this and confirmed all other NS9900 items had serial starting 88 or 89. Next port of call is for him to check with Yonex Japan to determine what, if any, reason could account for my serial. I guess this will take several days at the very least.

I also spoke with the shop owner who confirmed the batch of rackets came directly from Yonex UK (and I have no reason to doubt this) and that the remaining NS9900 have cone codes 88 and 89.

In a little bit of a funny position to be honest. The shop were very keen to find out the answer too but guess I need to wait on Yonex Japan giving an answer. I get the impression the presence of that barcode on the handle (what was the deal with the screw as well?) indicates a genuine item but the question on the serial remains for now.

Will update when I can.

Cheers

Mark

Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

racket model: Yonex Nanospeed 7700
    shaft serial: 6471576
    cone code : 171062SP
    source : BC Buy&Sell