stringing equipment. plastic suporter thingie

Discussion in 'Badminton Stringing Techniques & Tools' started by jerby, Apr 6, 2006.

1. jerby

jerby Regular Member

hi,

I've bene stringing wiht this thing for 1,5 years now. and somebody asked me if it was really nescacery, btu I have no clue whatsoever. I don't even know what it's called.. just that it's safe and that's why I use it..

What's it called?what are the effects? what happens without? is it onyl for yy rackets or every?

Attached Files:

2. RAMADA77

RAMADA77 Regular Member

Student
    Hi Jerby

They are sometimes known as a "H" piece, I have a Babolat one made from metal but shaped to neatly fit at the 12 o' clock position of all racket frames. As far as I know it helps to redistribute the high tension at this point from the narrow post, and prevent "High noon disease " mentioned before in this forum. I think it does a good job and still allows you to string through all the grommet holes whilst it is in place. Some experienced stringers may feel it unneccesary, but someone high up in Yonex UK recommended it to me saying that all stringers should use them for their rackets. I use it all the time but would like to get one like Jerby shows in his photo made from Nylon/Plastic.
    Anyone know a supplier in the UK apart from Apollo as I do not have an account ?:eek:

RAMADA77

3. Quasimodo

Quasimodo Regular Member

I made a pair out of leather strips I bought from http://www.grandslamstringers.com. They're not as stiff as plastic/nylon pieces, but they do the job for me just fine.

4. malayali

malayali Regular Member

namaskaaram..
  5. Quasimodo

Quasimodo Regular Member