User Tag List

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

If anyone wants to see the Kason 300A, PM DinkAlot. He has the Kason 300A and is testing it. Ask the Gentle Panda Nicely and he'll post some pictures.....
    Also some review of the racket performance.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I've been under the weather for the past week, haven't been able to test...will try to do so today.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

hey DinkAlot, we're all waiting for your review of the 300A. sounds interesting. any idea how much it costs? thanks.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default Pictures of Kason 300A

Here are some pictures of the Kason TSF 300A.

The racket has a really nice blue color and design. A special feature is the grommet strip on the top. This racket is strung with the Yonex NanoGY 95 at 28/30lbs. Very solid racket for power smashes, stiff shaft, nice all around racket for Doubles.
    Attached Images Attached Images          

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

hmmm, this may be a bit off topic: just wanna ask Dink (or anyone whos tried the 300A) how the 300A plays in comparison to the ns8000? I play mostly mens singles and I'm finding the ns8000 lacking in power (maybe it's too light? ). I've also got hte woven 11 in my arsonal, but it's way too slow for doubles (great solid racket for singles tho ). I used to have a Ti-6 which i loved to bits (literally... it IS in 2 bits now) and a ti-7 which i gave up on cos it's too light.

thanks heaps =)

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Thanks for the pictures..... two very good looking rackets.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by neo_Rabbit View Post
    hmmm, this may be a bit off topic: just wanna ask Dink (or anyone whos tried the 300A) how the 300A plays in comparison to the ns8000? I play mostly mens singles and I'm finding the ns8000 lacking in power (maybe it's too light? ). I've also got hte woven 11 in my arsonal, but it's way too slow for doubles (great solid racket for singles tho ). I used to have a Ti-6 which i loved to bits (literally... it IS in 2 bits now) and a ti-7 which i gave up on cos it's too light.

thanks heaps =)
    In that case why don't you swap the rackets for whatever style you are playing? (woven 11 for singles and NS8000 for doubles).

The NS8000 can make a very good doubles racket because of it's all round attribute (good power, good manueverability)

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Slicedbanana07 View Post
    In that case why don't you swap the rackets for whatever style you are playing? (woven 11 for singles and NS8000 for doubles).

The NS8000 can make a very good doubles racket because of it's all round attribute (good power, good manueverability)
    cos the ns8000 isn't giving me the power i used to get with my Ti-6 (weird but true ). the ns8000 is great for old man games where all you do is drop and push, but it's not quite suited for me (maybe i just have crap wrist power).

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Does anyone know where we I can buy replacement grommet strip (the strip at the top of the frame) for the Kason TSF 300 racquets? Mine has cracked so I would like a new one when I restring and hopefully can buy the grommet in UK.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by twobeer View Post
    I get the impression that you have no clue what the "ultra thin fiber" technology really is, or the arcustec, do you?? What patent number is this? How Thin is it compared to a carbon nano-tube???

It also seem you are not able to provide any info about arcustec apart from the brochure picture which at least to me doesn't explain the theory behind it..

Judging from the picture the arcustec just seems like an ordinare plastic vibration damper put on the top part of the frame (instead of on the sides or bottom where it is most commonly placed).

But I am really interested to know more, if you have any tech. info apart from useless general marketing statements.

/T
    Hello, I'm a new member here, and this will be my first post ever. Nice to meet you all.
    I don't mean to revive an old argument, but I thought it'd be constructive to clarify the deal behind "Arcustec" from my personal understanding.

The Defining Feature:
    -Conventional rackets have a groove in the frame that runs from the 9'0'clock to the 3'o'clock position, creating somewhat of a horseshoe profile; "Arcustec" rackets, however, eliminate this groove, giving the racket a constant rounded-off triangle profile. As you can see, none of the grommets of the TSF 300 are in a groove, but all protrude from the frame.

-When the shuttle is struck by the racket, the string bed flexes and pulls on the racket frame. However, the horseshoe profile restricts the deformation of the frame, which in turn minimizes the flexing of the string bed.

-Kason claims that with "Arcustec", the profile allows for greater deformation of the frame, storing more energy and allowing for greater flexing of the string bed in the process. And I'm sure everyone here knows that the more a bow is drawn, the more powerful the shot. It's the same rather simple concept here.

So, in the end, "Arcustec" isn't a material innovation at all, but more of a structural design innovation.

And I'm no Kason sales rep (I would like to get my hands on one myself); I just have this image to thank for being able to explain all of the above :
    http://kason.com.cn/img2/tsf300a.jpg

I think this image does a better job at explaining "Arcustec" than the one provided by Supercwn...

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

hehe

I am about to purchase a Kason TSF 300Ti (Gold) just to try it and see how it compares to my AT900T. Hopefully it won't disappoint me haha

The China team are going to switch to Kason as sponsors soon, I would like to see how all the proffessional players adapt to their new rackets hahaha

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by YueFei View Post
    And I'm no Kason sales rep (I would like to get my hands on one myself); I just have this image to thank for being able to explain all of the above :
    http://kason.com.cn/img2/tsf300a.jpg

I think this image does a better job at explaining "Arcustec" than the one provided by Supercwn...
    Looking at the pictures, I get the impression that Arcustec is to improve torsion stiffness on the frame, (less movement of the head on the arc-picture and more head movement without..)

/T

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by aikakira View Post
    The China team are going to switch to Kason as sponsors soon, I would like to see how all the proffessional players adapt to their new rackets hahaha
    what?????????? wow, that was a punch in the gut..... if thats true

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

yah my friends a kason dealer and he got the information a few months back

he said the yonex contract is ending soon, they are going to change to Kason verrry soon hahaha

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by aikakira View Post
    yah my friends a kason dealer and he got the information a few months back

he said the yonex contract is ending soon, they are going to change to Kason verrry soon hahaha
    WOW This may cause a big shake up in the market for amateurs.

On the other hand, those Yonex monies will need to go somewhere. Hopefully, it will help to promote the game elsewhere.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

If that's true, it could mean there's a change in Yonex marketing strategy ?

During the recent SS Masters, you can see that some of the Indonesians are being sponsored by other brands, I am not sure if it is just for that event or they have a new contract.

Kason is already sponsoring the China's junior team I believe ? So extending it to the senior team is merely extending the working relationship that they have.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by twobeer View Post
    Looking at the pictures, I get the impression that Arcustec is to improve torsion stiffness on the frame, (less movement of the head on the arc-picture and more head movement without..)

/T
    Yea, though the text description only mentions "greater repulsion".
    I'm guessing that the greater torsional stiffness of the head is probably due to the fact that most of the energy is first absorbed by the compression of the outer/grommet insert surface of the frame, whereas other rackets spread the energy throughout the head.

But anyway, I think Kason taking over sponsorship of Team China is pretty good news; hopefully, this will increase competition among racket manufacturers- and for Yonex to lower prices- and force all manufacturers to innovate even more.
    Last edited by YueFei; 01-10-2009 at 01:44 AM.

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast