Kason TSF 300 vs SoTx Woven 12

Discussion in 'Racket Recommendation / Comparison' started by TLCal, Apr 7, 2006.

1. TLCal

TLCal Regular Member

Hi all,

I'm thinking to get a Non-Yonex brand racquet and I am kinda interesting in these two racquets above, has anyone try them out before? If yes, would like to hear some comments from you~!! Thanks All!!

2. Viper2005

Viper2005 Regular Member

Play Badminton Everyday!
    I've tried a Kason TSF 200. Really nice racket. Solid design, powerful and really stiff. I haven't seen a TSF 300 yet, not sure if available in USA yet. I'm sure it is a really nice racket too.

Do you know where to buy one in California?

3. Pete LSD

Pete LSD Regular Member

Soul Searching
    Stickman to Stickman :D: Is TSF 200 a 3U racquet?

4. Viper2005

Viper2005 Regular Member

Play Badminton Everyday!
    Yes, the TSF 200 that I have is a 3UG4.

5. supercwn

supercwn Regular Member

HELLO EVERYONE!! I'm new here. I like TSF300A and TSF200,they're both very stable and powerful. Viper2005 vbmenu_register("postmenu_363731", true); you can contact Mr. Lei Cai,
    He is in charge the KASON Racket Supply in CA,Tel: 408-873-0188

6. Viper2005

Viper2005 Regular Member

Play Badminton Everyday!
    I just had dinner with Lei and he tells me the shipment of TSF 300 won't be available till late October. I'm sure I can get a demo before that.:D

7. twobeer

twobeer Regular Member

computer
    Haven't tried the TSF 300 (there are 2 versions 300A and 300D with different flex). I like the woven 12 much more than the TSF-200/3U.. (I haven't tried out the 4U version of TSF-200)..

Cheers,
    Twobeer

8. supercwn

supercwn Regular Member

The Tsf300 has the original Arcustec that makes counterforce up to 5% better. And the design of the racket is very unusual,it might be the best looking ever..

9. jerby

jerby Regular Member

I own and tried a woven 12 (ltd edition) It's a good racket, no doubt. It's stable, solid, quick and very easy-to-use. (because it's shorter than what I'm used to: from 675 to 670mm, but the change is easy)
    the downside is that it's not very powerfull ( my at500, woven 7/10/11/13 all hit harder)

a nice racket, and very playable. but no bazooka;)

10. twobeer

twobeer Regular Member

computer
    :rolleyes: "original arcustec that makes Counterforce 5% better".. what marketing manager with mouth diarea formulated that sentence :p .. what a load of bull sh*t..

These kind of statements is what makes me look at other rackets!!! (I guess this is not the intent).

/Twobeer

11. Viper2005

Viper2005 Regular Member

Play Badminton Everyday!
    From what I heard, Kason is designing the TSF-300 to withstand 35lb tension.:eek:

If I get one, I'm gonna string it to 32-35 lbs and see what that feels like.

12. supercwn

supercwn Regular Member

twobeer,
    of course you can get other rackets,but please respect people.

Viper2005, ,it's not the tsf200. better not to string that high,I use 28LBS and keep the rest of 2LBS to protect it.

#12 supercwn, Sep 14, 2006
    Last edited: Sep 14, 2006
  13. twobeer

twobeer Regular Member

computer
    I most certainly respect people.. But dont feel I have to respect silly or misleading statements...

Please define "5% better Counterforce"? Counterforce.. force countering what??? 5% better than what??

This is typical marketing babble (mumbo jumbo)..

It would be like saying the new NS7700 is 9% more responsive than NS7000 and 3% more powerful, and 2% more accurate..

Its simply a load of bullsh..t (I love the Penn&Teller show with that name btw)..

/T

P.S. And also I have to admit, I get a bit suspicious when a new member suddenly enters the forum.. talking about how super-duper mega-great a new model is, and how to contact the retailers, business to help forum members do an informed purchase :eek:

#13 twobeer, Sep 14, 2006
    Last edited: Sep 14, 2006
  14. supercwn

supercwn Regular Member

good suspicion, however you're wrong, I swear that I'm not a merchant! I'm new here but no to badminton. some of my friends are pro badminton players.They've taught me a lot. What do you think the force countering with? a basketball or a football?
    the statement that I translated from kason web. soryy if it's not accurate.
    P.S I'm here to make some friends, no wars...

15. twobeer

twobeer Regular Member

computer
    Thats all good. I am certanly not on a crusade against you :D
    But if you just translate some marketing mumbo jumbo on a website (without mentioning the origin, or being able to back up the statements).. you SHOULD be expecting some critisism...

Well the statement certainly doesn't say :).. But even assuming "counterforce" using shuttles in combination with the racket.. there are BIG details like strings, swing-speed, shuttle initial-speed etc affecting anything that could be called "counterforce".. And of course a relative improvement of 5% must be compared to something.. would it be 5% higher "counterforce" than a TSF-200, a Lepton F2, a NS9000 or what ?!?!

So after all it was, a marketing rep.. sapitting that out (on their web).. Just as I guessed.. Why would you take any offense of me higligthing this in a post here??? (It's really the company and marketing rep writing the text I am critizising for "bad marketing", but you wrote it as it where your views and as a fact... without mentioning that it was a pure marketing sentence from their web...)

/Twobeer

16. supercwn

supercwn Regular Member

Twobeer,ok, maybe you will understand me later on.

17. jerby

jerby Regular Member

not to spark a big argument, but I think Twobeer is merely asking some more info on the "5% less counterforce"
    summarising:
    -5% less than what? less than the yonex b1000? or another racket?
    -with 'counterforce' what do you exactly mean? counterforce can be 'vibration dampening' or 'repulsion'(we want more repulsion though!;)) or might even mean this racket makes your opponent smash softer (;) :p)

My guess this is just a slight error in translation/our interpretation...So please tell us all you know about this racket!

18. supercwn

supercwn Regular Member

Jerby,I think the meaning of the "counterforce" is very close to repulsion.Thank you for this.When I hit a birdie with TSF300A,I don't feel acutely vibration to my wrist, but the birdie is faster a bit..

19. jerby

jerby Regular Member

"repulsion" is actually the shuttle 'bounching' of the racket very easy: it takes little effort for the player to make the shuttle bounce. a shaft (or string) that ahs good repulsion can be described as "springy" or "bouncy"

vibration dampeing however has to do with what the player feels. without any vibration dampening the player feels a very hard bounce (wich could lead to injury's). too much dampening makes a racket feel 'dead' because players can't get the nescacery feedback from their racket.

Though, however dead a dampened racket feels it should hit harder: the energy normale translated to your arm now goes back into the shuttle (erm..right?:confused: )

20. twobeer

twobeer Regular Member

computer
    If you are trying to say, that you feel TSF300A gives you more power in clearing, smashes...than xyz-model .. and you think it has good vibration dampening (compared to xyz).. just say.. so... is it really tha hard??

Are you saying it has 5% more "repulsion" at 30lbs compared to a Kason Impact Force 2046 BL :confused:

Or 5% more "repulsion" than a Euro E-1000 :eek:

/T