Lee's Reservation Policy??

Discussion in 'Lee's Badminton Training Centre' started by Ryce77, Apr 10, 2006.

1. Ryce77

Ryce77 Regular Member

Everytime I call Lee's to reserve a court I've been getting mixed responses on their reservation policy (IE: What days you can rent the courts on).

Does anybody have an idea on what their policy is?

Thanks in advance. ;)

2. dex

dex Regular Member

Student
    i had very bad experience with them 2! :mad: very poor english indeed!

3. Ryce77

Ryce77 Regular Member

I've once again received a different answer :(

Any help is appreciated! :)

4. Wong8Egg

Wong8Egg Regular Member

I have similar experience before too with their so call "policy". Their repsentitive at the front desk don't really represent them unless confirmed by the owner. :mad:

5. dex

dex Regular Member

Student
    and they setup their own rules 2! but they don't keep that 4 more than 2 days:D :D

6. Break-My-String

Break-My-String Regular Member

If rules differ from one employee to another, the next time you're there, ask to speak to the manager/owner and find out what the procedures are and ask to get a copy of their reservation policies.

If the manager/owner says they don't have a physical copy, write it down and have the manager/owner initial it with a date & time.

If it is the situation where the manager/owner is never there, do the same with the employee (#1) and have him/her to initial the policies.

Next time you have problems reserving with employee (#2), bring out the paper and confirm who has the higher authority, employee #1 or #2 and have the staff with the higher authority to initial any changes in procedure.

In the last case in which both employees #1 & #2 are deemed equal in authority but have conflicting procedures, then you need to be very adament in wanting to speak to the manager/owner and have this clarified.

If there are enough complaints "to the manager/owner", they will have to address this issue...."the sqeaky wheel gets the oil".

Cheers!

7. dex

dex Regular Member

Student
    do we have 2 go through all these 2 book a court? or 2 quote a price or 2 ask a question abt membership or something? ur kidding! it's a joke! :D :D :D

8. Break-My-String

No I am not! Based on the initial post, you guys have an issue with the "reservation policy" and how it changes from one employee to another.

I am only suggesting a way to clarify the policies/procedures that is inconsistent between employees.

example

- you call (speaking to employee #1) and find out only Tue at 10pm, one court is available (for 2hrs) and it costs $24 an hour and you can reserve it anytime over the phone, just need a name and phone number.

- you call again 10 minutes later (speak to employee #2) and on that same Tue "lots of courts" are available starting at 6pm for 6hrs and it costs $20 an hour but you need to reserve with a credit card asap!

So the question is, what is the inconsistency? The price, availability, deposit required, or something else?

Cheers!

9. devilcat

devilcat Regular Member

omg! u guys! cmon! lee's is not da only place tat have court rental! isn't it! it just doesn't make sense when u still have to spend yr $ there when u know their management is so bad! what if they charge u more a minute before u go on court? or accuse one who break made a tiny scratch mark on da court and they make u pay for it? 1 member happened to run at their drywall once & made a big hole and da owner made him paid for repairing the dry wall. now, wat do u think of that? so if u r planning 2 play at lee's , be prepare to bring some extra $ in case u have to pay for the wearout! :D :D :D

10. Wong8Egg

Wong8Egg Regular Member

LOL, I am always wondering who did that each time when I see that body figured shape on the wall.

11. Ryce77

Ryce77 Regular Member

Thanks for the advice!

The inconsistency seems to exist in all aspects except for the price - it's set at $18/hr. Availability is based on records that they have, but with my experience, they lose these on a regular basis :confused:. Deposit is not required I believe, but you do have to pay in advance.

Other information I've been able to gather:
    - you can only rent a court if you have membership or take courses (or obviously, have connections :p)
    - you may not play on the courts if you do not own a pair of badminton shoes (or I'm assuming, indoor running shoes(?)) <-- they put major emphasis on this rule

12. Break-My-String

So my first question is, "what's the main issue?"

It sounds like, when you first call, a time slot is available but when you go there to pay in-advance, the slot is no longer available? Or do they say that spot was originally booked and is not available?

Or after you paid in-advance, the day you show up, your reservation does not exist?

Other minor issues includes, if you're not a friend of the owner
    - staff will pick on your badminton shoes in order to refuse your court bookings or to kick you off the court
    - staff will allow friends without a membership to book court time while they harass players for membership cards

The bottom line is, if there are any inconsistencies (especially prejudice) to the procedures that affect the paying customer and the manager/owner does not address these issues, complaints can be brought to the local Better Business Bureau provided that a paper-trail of letter of complaints are kept.

Remember, "word of mouth" advertising / positive recommendations are great for any business, but one negative comment has the power to negate ten positives!

Cheers!

13. devilcat

devilcat Regular Member

Da main issue is to share our experience when dealing with these poor management shops! isn't wat da purpose of this forums for? 2 share da good & da bad! If da "word of mouth" advertising/positive recommendations r 1 of da key to business, may be they should smarten up with their poor staff management and attitude instead! afterall, it's a country of "freedom of speech" and Ryce77 was speaking da truth and trying 2 ask for advises?

14. Break-My-String

That's my point Devilcat! Forums provide opportunities for people to voice, discuss, and to solicite potential solutions.

"If the main issue was" Lee's pricing was inconsistant, ripping players off by charging $10 for friends, $22 if you look like a beginner, $18 if you're a cute looking female, and $28 if you look like a teenager who can be intimidated, then definitely negative word-of-mouth will bring the business down and possible law suits.

There is a problem with Lee's reservation policy! Who would know better?...the members of BC/BF or the manager/owner of Lee's? :rolleyes:

I am trying to provide a solution especially if there appears to be further problems when you're addressing directly to Lee's staff and management regarding their poor reservation policy & procedures!

Cheers!

#14 Break-My-String, Apr 15, 2006
    Last edited: Apr 15, 2006
  15. Ryce77

Ryce77 Regular Member

Break-My-String:

The main issue here would be the schedule that dictates which courts are available and at what time. These seem to change frequentl

I posted here on BF simply because I was trying to get some input from people who regularly rent courts at Lee's. The manager of Lee's doesn't seem to be in often, as I had called a couple of times before my initial post.

I will definitely try and contact Lee's again.... soon, hopefully. :p

16. lil_hobbit

lil_hobbit Regular Member

student
    At lee's you have to be a member to play.....a couple years bak.....you didn't have to...(you could play as a guest) but you need to be a member now to get a court....