Comparing SHB95 to SHB92

Discussion in 'Clothing & Footwear' started by Mag, Apr 25, 2002.

1. Mag

Mag Moderator

Graphic Designer
    SHB-95 vs 92

Can anybody compare the 95's to the 92's? It seems they have the same sole construction?

2. Kelvin

Kelvin Regular Member

Student
    Comparing shb-95 to shb-92

Mag, you are correct.

The soles of the shoes are constructed the same. I got to take a look at the two shoes last summer, and more recently a few months ago.
    The newer shoe has more apparent changes in the rest of it eg. power cushion II, ergo-footshape features.

Speaking of which, I was looking into purchasing their walking shoes, to see if they are really comfy... anyone out there maybe Steplantis try one out for fit yet?

3. Cheung

Cheung Moderator

wannabe badminton phototaker
    One international player said to me the SHB95 was more comfortable than SHB 92 by a long way.
    Other amateur players have also had problems with the SHB92 in terms of comfort. That's why I went straight to SHB 95.

Why so many Internationals did use SHB 92 before was becasue of sponsorship (so this particular player told me).

4. Ricky

Ricky Regular Member

IT
    I've both SHB92 and SHB95. You can increase the level of comfort of SHB92 by adding a pad (I bought mine in Luxis).

5. Yogi

Yogi Regular Member

True

I always wear 2 insoles and Double sock. It really helps. Try it out for a day and u will feel more bouncier.As i have a Jump smash i need to wear them. I suppose the Shb 95 is more Wider or fits better.

But i dont like the color scheme as it is more Silvery like a sports car. I prefer the shb 92 on this(more sublime)

But then I would say that Both the soles are Very bad in terms of Life and for some reason the Glue that binds the Sole to the shoe upper comes off to soon for my comfort.

I would always suggest other shoe makers over YONEx.

6. Cheung

Cheung Moderator

wannabe badminton phototaker
    I'll keep an eye (or a foot out) about the glue problem.

Actually, I'm not such a great fan of Yonex for shoes either. The SHB95's are the first time I've bought Yonex shoes for nearly 4 years.

7. Gladius

Gladius Regular Member

Design Engineer
    It strange but seems that the Japan version of the SHB 95 and the South-East Asian version are not the same shoe!!

The Japan version has a different outsole whereas the S.E. Asia version has the same outsole as the SHB-92 !!

Its not a figment of our vivid imagination as we ( me and modious) have seen recently at the Singapore edition of the Asian Satelite tournament where one of the players was wearing the Japan verison of the SHB-95. Which is not the same as the one we see in the Singapore '02 catalogue.

#7 Gladius, Apr 26, 2002
    Last edited: Apr 26, 2002
  8. kwun

kwun Administrator

BC Janitor
    Gladius, interesting observation. i have a pair of Japanese version SHB-95. however, i have never seen the SE Asian version. when i get a chance, i will compare the two and let you guys know.

9. kwun

kwun Administrator

BC Janitor
    actually, here is the picture of the sole of my shb95. (let me try out the image attachment feature)

notice that the sole has worn out at the ball of the feet. that piece came off after only a few weeks. the rest has been holding up really well.

Attached Files:

10. Kelvin

Kelvin Regular Member

Student
    Gladius...

Hi, just a quick question...
    Which SHB-95 shoe would you be referring to???
    Because the Mid cut shb95, looks much different from the low cut shb95.

I think the reason why YY Canada decided against importing shb95, is because they can make more money importing the less expensive shb92, and keeping a higher margin on the price, as they wouldn't be able to do so with the shb95 lowcut.

Speaking of prices.... Ricky, or Cheung, how much are the shb95's mid, and low cut running in HK right now??? because I'm baddly in need of a new pair of footware!! :mad:

If I dont import from HK, I might as well import it from JP.
    Thanks.

BTW Kwun, is that the shb95 mid you have there??? what size? also compared to other court shoes you've warn... how do they compare in terms of comfort (as mentioned previously), durability... weight, support, maneuverability etc etc.
    I've seen the shoes last year, but never tried them on. LOL

11. kwun

kwun Administrator

BC Janitor
    Re: Gladius...

those are shb95 low from Japan. i have never worn mid shoes for badminton, and i have a feeling that the mid will actually be restricting my ankle motion. (not sure, just guessing here)

i have used Hi-Tec Adrenaline Pros before, very nice shoes as well. lasts forever, the more current models looks like they are even more rugged. however, i have very wide feet, the Yonex is more fitting.

the shb95 is very good actually. i had reserves at the beginning. but after a whole year in them, i am quite impressed. the upper cover is very comfy and soft. i originally thought it will be flimsy as it is so soft. but after all these time, they are still holding up rather well.

if you compare the toebox of HiTec Adrenaline Pros and the SHB95, you will see that the SHB has more leather coverings, and the sole rubber go up a little bit higher. the wear on the SHB95 is much less. on the HiTec, the mesh actually worn through. i have used them both for a year

Attached Files:

12. Kelvin

Kelvin Regular Member

Student
    Confirmed... Gladius is correct.

Hi guys,
    You've got good eyes there Gladius!
    I just wanted to let you all know, Gladius is correct about the outward appearance of the Japanese shb-95 low, compared to the global release of the shb-95.

Apparently, Japan did some cosmetic work on the shb-95 for the rest of the globe, and also the axe job on the name, instead of having the mid, and low cut shoes, there is just the low cut model, labelled as shb-95.

I personally would like to purchase one of each, and see if there are any real differences in terms of the shoe itself, but I doubt it.

Thanks for the info on the shoe Kwun.
    Also I concur with what you say regarding the mid cut shoes, restricting ankle movement, I've noticed the same thing with myself, and higher cut shoes... the low cut shoes, combined with those low cut socks... I forgot what they're called again... basketball players wear them as well, along with runners...
    Does anyone remember what they are called???
    They look like girls socks, because they're so low cut... is it ankle socks??? :confused:

In anycase, my point was the low cut shoes, combined with low cut socks, seems to give the feeling of a lot more freedom and mobility with my feet. how about the rest of you???

13. Ricky

Ricky Regular Member

IT
    As far as I know, there are mainly three types of SHB95 sold in HK:

(1) SHB95 imported from China directly, the model # is still sHB95
    (2) SHB95 like shoes sell by Yonex HK distributor, the model # is ???95
    (3) SHB95 imported from Japan

If you want the mid version, you must import from Japan, and the price is significantly higher than (1) and (2). The one I bought last year (I'm likely the 1st people in HK with SHB95 mid) costed me over HK$1,000.

Some friends told me that (1) have poor quality. In fact, I heard a rumor that those being exported to HK directly from China are failed items in the QC process.

14. modious

modious Regular Member

Gladius, I've managed to find the Japan version of the SHB 92.
    [​IMG]

The sole is different from the ones we have!

[​IMG]

#14 modious, Apr 26, 2002
    Last edited: Apr 27, 2002
  15. modious

modious Regular Member

16. Blitz

Blitz Regular Member

Daydreaming
    Pianz...wat a way to see a sole :D

17. UkPlayer

UkPlayer Regular Member

Academic
    Kwun - your SHB 95's look different to mine (EX)
    What is the diff between EX, MID etc.?

Attached Files:

18. UkPlayer

UkPlayer Regular Member

Academic
    side view

Attached Files:

19. Gladius

Gladius Regular Member

Design Engineer
    Modius,

Oh ... !!

But that seems to be the revised version of the SHB-95v Japan edition!!

What we're having was originally the SHb-92 as I first saw on the Yonex Japan catalogue for 2000 !!

20. Yogi

Yogi Regular Member

But is there a big difference in the way it feels? I hope someone can clarify on that.I just think that the soul might be better in terms of traction and durability.

But is it actually heavier or gives a better bouncier feel?