Taufik, The Savior Of Indonesia

Discussion in 'Thomas Cup / Uber Cup 2006' started by indra, Apr 11, 2006.

1. indra

indra Regular Member

Many people believe that Taufik is spoiled, too demanding, a trouble-maker, moody, etc.

I guess at this stage, Indonesia needs a person like him...as a prime mover to change DRASTICALLY the way PBSI is managed. Taufik is not only a whistle blower in Indonesian Badminton Association, but also a person who stands ready to face the ELite in the PBSI with no fear. This kind of attitude is "strange" by Indonesian norm standards. He has also stood ready to place " his neck" to be "cut off" [fired from PBSI), while other players and officials have prefered to keep silent.

I believe Taufik has been a significant agent of change inside PBSI.
    Now it depends from what point of view we see this issue.

2. abedeng

abedeng Regular Member

Occupying Tall Buildings
    Good luck to Taufik.

PBSI need to look deep into themselves and rectify whatever mistakes to regain their glory.

3. Loh

Loh Regular Member

Semi-Retired
    Yes, I agree to the extent that Taufik has the gumption to take a stand on issues that disturb him, it differentiates him from the ordinary. He is special and talented no doubt.

Indeed, such a strong and unyielding personality is needed to wake up the authorities from time to time for the good of his teammates. In this sense he is a leader in his own right, but as saviour for Indonesian badminton at this forthcoming TC, it will be very tough even for the unpredictable Taufik. For one, he is not fighting against the familiar PBSI but against other top-notched players all yearning to bring glory and fame to their respective countires and they will not yield any quarters. :D

4. Brave_Turtle

Brave_Turtle Regular Member

Student
    I hope the best for him but seeing how he performed recently and his injury, I doubt he will go far...

5. indra

indra Regular Member

Personally, at this stage it won't surprise me if Indonesia does not win the upcoming TC. What I really expect from other players, coaches and officials to do is " Speak Up for the good sake of PBSI and Indonesian badminton, Don't be Silent!!

If PBSI demands players to win, then players and coaches must also demand PBSI to provide a clear and good system on managing the organization and badminton . SO, it is not one sided.

Taufik has demonstrated that ever since he was "very" young, long before he became the champions of OC and WC. He has been very consistent.

On this persepective, Taufik is not only a champion on court but also off court.

6. abedeng

abedeng Regular Member

Occupying Tall Buildings
    For an association who had been winning TC straight from 94 to 2002,
    PBSI's fall from grace is very troubling. I doubt that this was rooted from the end of Suharto's presidency (they won TC twice after Suharto resigned) or corruption (it's part and parcel of Indonesian life for many years, and didn't stop Indonesia from churning World/Olympic Champions).

But I must say that the coaching structure has gone down the drain, with the latest exodus being Hendrawan. The senior coaches and talent scouts including Christian Hadinata may need to be replaced with new blood. Surprisingly, the various badminton clubs supported by the private sector don't seem to be as active as before to supplement PBSI's efforts.

I wonder if Taufik will pay the ultimate price ...

7. cooler

cooler Regular Member

Surfing, reading fan mails:D, Dilithium Crystal hu
    of course indo players don't turn into mushy pumpkin sauce when suharto step down. The residual talents are good enough to win titles for few more years. Time has caught up. The reality sets in. Sigit and candra are getting old. Taufik is not paying the ultimate price, HE IS DICTATING THE PRICE....give me what i want or i'll walk. U got it backward.

#7 cooler, Apr 13, 2006
    Last edited: Apr 13, 2006
  8. Eurasian =--(O)

Eurasian =--(O) Regular Member

I need Taufik to do well for my fantasy team! :D if he doesn't play im pretty much screwed!:crying:

9. indra

indra Regular Member

I read in Sputar Indonesia...Taufik's participation in the upcoming TC has posed a very serious threat for LCW. LCW said that Lin Dan and Taufik are the most difficult players to beat...Despite Taufik's recent injury, LCW still considers Taufik the most difficult player to defeat.

Wow... I guess the psy war has just begun...

Well, in an interview with Taufik on a recent TV station on his readiness in the TC, Taufik said that although he will never recover 100% physically, he is ready to play in the TC squad. He is confident that his condition will have been " good" by then.

Wow...his statement has raised again my optimism of his good performance in the tournament!!!

I am now excited again to know that he will do his best to bring back the thropy. I am hoping that his recent positive attitude will positively raise optimism and spirit to other players, which will in turn make the "showdown" more interesting and entertaining to watch.

Considering that this year TC will be the last TC for Chandra/ SIgit, I am sure that they will be doing their very very best to bid farewell with sweet records. I am hoping that this will boost their motivation.

Now my prediction has changed again. I guess, Indonesia will be one of the strongest candidates of bringing back the throphy.

Indonesia might play China in the SF
    Malaysia against Denmark.

Assuming that the optimism level of Indonesian boys is high, Indonesia will qualify for the Final round to meet Malaysia.

Personally, the match INA vs Malaysia in the final round will be more interesting to watch.

10. taufik-ist

taufik-ist Regular Member

it administrator
    yes taufik is very anxious :), but he will face impotency threat (according the sctv's news) if his back injury is getting worse