Where to play near KL Sentral

Discussion in 'Malaysia' started by webolution, Apr 11, 2006.

1. webolution

webolution Regular Member

Hi
    I just arrived in KL from Italy and will stay here for the next years. As Italy is not a highly developed badminton country :crying: I neglected my skills and would like to start playing/training without loosing too much time.

Can somebody please advise me on where to play and how I can get in contact with a coach or other players for some games and an introduction to the KL badminton scene.

I am 38yrs old and probably a below average social player for Malaysian standrds.

Your help is greatly appreciated!

2. Phydhel

Phydhel Regular Member

Welcome to Malaysia!
    There are many courts within reach if you are from KL Sentral as there are some courts near other LRT stations such as Taman Megah Badminton Court near Taman Bahagia putra LRT station(within walking distance),and Pro-one badminton court near Wangsa Maju LRT ( this one is perhaps not really walking distance ). There are some maps in the forum to aid you in your quest for the courts.
    There are many threads in this forum where you can find good players who welcome you into their group, and alot of info about coaches too.
    knock yourself out! haha:)

3. Sonex

Sonex Regular Member

hi

Hi man,

Welcome to Malaysia, As Phydhel said, that's the best way to get these places. Unfortunately KL its not really convinience like in Singapore which u may can reach most of the Community halls by SMRT. But we do have lots badminton halls (believe me its really lots if count by numbers) but just a matter of how u reach there, Jo Jinx is our Philipine friend who coming occationally to our weekend session. You may PM him and get help of him to come with him. Maybe this will help you as well.

Bangsar Sports Complex - Near to KL Sentral/even nearest from Bangsar Putra LRT Station.
    Taman Megah - Near To Kelana Jaya LRT or Taman Bahagia
    Pro-one badminton - Near Melawati LRT station,but not walking distance
    Cheras Badminton Stadium - Near Maluri ( Cheras) LRT station

Cheers.

4. Kennylow

Kennylow Regular Member

Bangsar Sport Complex

hi Webolution
    we used to play at Bangsar sport complex at Jalan Terasik 3 every wednesday friday 7-9pm.try go there meet organiser Uncle Leu,he will b there 6pm during game day.

5. webolution

webolution Regular Member

Thank you all very much for your replies. I will for sure try out some of them in the next days.
    Now a more difficult question. Does anybody know how/where I can get some badminton lessons (paid of course). This seems to be really difficult despite so many really great players.

6. Kamen

Kamen Regular Member

Self-Employed
    I cut this from another thread

Schedule of Training (NUSA MAHSURI CLUB) I would like to inform you that Nusa Mahsuri Club, Malaysia schedule of training as follows:

Tuesday, Wednesday,Friday & Saturday
    Session I : 8am - 10am
    Session II: 10am - 12 noon
    Session III: 3pm - 5pm

Thursday & Sunday
    Session I: 8am - 10am
    Session II: 10am - 12 noon

Monday
    Holiday

Amount for per session: RM15.00 (Malaysian students), RM20.00 (Malaysian 18 years old and above) & RM25.00 (foreinger)

More detail, please send your application by email: nusamahsuri_club@yahoo.com or contact his coach, Zulfari +6017 9322331

7. meldymw

meldymw Regular Member

Kamen,

I am also a foreigner interested to take lessons. Could you give me an idea where Nusa Mahsuri Club is? What is the famous landmark within the area?

Thanks.

meldymw