England Lost !?

Discussion in 'European Championships 2006' started by Sephiroth, Apr 12, 2006.

1. Sephiroth

Sephiroth Regular Member

PhD Student
    No seriously, I am literally crying here ...

1. England is a better country at badminton than the netherlands.

2. Tracey Hallam proved her skills in the Commonwealth 2006 and yet she loses in the EC...

3. Oh man this was so big and yet so depressing/ NATHAN ROBERTSON AND GAIL EMMS (RECENT WORLD NO. ONEs !!) LOST ?!

4. Ahmir Ghaffar, lost in singles...

MAn, somone please tell me why England are doing so badly all of a sudden... I mean, they didn't even come SECOND PLACE, when they had beaten Denmark before in a friendly Mixed-Team Play off, when they were testing out the new 21-point score system !

:crying:

2. jerby

jerby Regular Member

1: apparantly not
    2: yes
    3:England won the mixed-doubles match.IIRC only Mia got 2 points in WS and WD, dicky won the MS
    4: yes

Holland isn't really that much of a badminton-country. but Mia Audina and jao Yie are probabaly hte best import-products ever. and Dicky is Dutch but technically Danish(trained in Denmark for a good time).
    still, without Mia, and a 'lucky' break Dicky won the MS Holland wouldn't have made it...

3. Dennis

Dennis Regular Member

Plumber
    1. That's your opinion..:eek:
    2. She horrible at netplay, and with new score loses a lot of points with errors
    3. IMO Gail Emms is a good defending player... but Robertson is doesn't add too much compensation... Maybe except looks and noice (when smashing)
    Besides that: ranking doesn't tell you the whole story.. Look at Taufik!:cool:
    4. But he won the "beard-off":):):)

4. Syaoran_Style

Syaoran_Style Regular Member

1. From this result ... maybe not lol
    2. Of course Tracey Hallam is an excellent player .... but hey guy she played MIA AUDINA double silver medalist in th OG, played in the Uber Cup at the age of 14 .. and for me the most talented player of all time !
    3. .... I think nathan was playing with donna Kellog and they won.
    4. Yes .. but dicky is also a really great player and a bit better than Aamir

5. coops241180

coops241180 Regular Member

Product Owner
    i have to agree with everybody here - it's no surprise we lost to holland - they have a pretty high standard across the whole range of disciplines (well - apart from MD and XD - altho they aren't that bad at either) dicky is probablly a better player than aamir (IMO) tracey while good isn't ever going to be better than Mia is she?? and the LD - well - i think this was the let down - but part of me thinks that this new scoring system isn't doing anybody any favours - the games are getting closer and some pairs crack under the pressure..

6. yuval_ba

yuval_ba Regular Member

check HERE for the England-Netherlands results

2. well, Mia Audina also proved her skills on few occasions :p

3. they beat the Dutch pair 21-12 21-9

4. seems it was a close game, could have gone both ways ....

7. other

other Regular Member

Student
    well 3) they just lost in the individual events to Germans Hopp and Overzier 15 and 18.

4) Aamir Ghaffar seems to be now losing his games, even if he wins the first set :confused: ;)

8. Simp84

Simp84 Regular Member

Student
    Dicky is a Dutch?
    U sure?
    Anyway I forgoten where I heard some commentator said he has abit of japanese mix is that true? lol
    What about eric pang?

9. Simp84

Simp84 Regular Member

Student
    Ooo look what I found in google lol
    http://www.dickypalyama.nl/
    perhaps someone that undestand the website can explain something about him? :)

10. jerby

jerby Regular Member

well afaik Dicky is born in holland, but he's not 100% dutch blood. he started playing at a low-level dutch club. and moved to denmark a few years later

11. coops241180

coops241180 Regular Member

Product Owner
    unbelievable - how could they lose to the germans - i mean no disrespect to the german pair they are a good pair - but this is the world no.1's sheesh should be bread and butter for the english pair.

you know what i think - i think the scoring system doesn't suit them as much as people thought it would - while the shorter games help nathan, the penalty for mistakes really really doesn't

grrr... what mess - they really should be winning tournaments like that one..

coops