User Tag List

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast
Results 18 to 34 of 64

Thread: Calgary Trip

  1. #18
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Jun 2003
    Location
    Montreal
    Posts
    122
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by LazyBuddy
    After possible 5 sessions in vancouver, it's amazing that frendies can hold on for another mult-session swing in calgary. Did she metion she will do hiking in between / after the sessions???
    Who knows, either I will become "superwoman" under their tutoring (or is it torturing) or I will just sleep the whole week away after Vancouver.

    As for hiking, it really depends which trails are open by that time.

  2. #19
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Jun 2003
    Location
    Montreal
    Posts
    122
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by AT_700
    Talisman Centre is a good place usually..Cardel is not bad...YMCA has it (crowfoot, 11-3, 6-8) uhmmm those are the good pales, just lettin you know, I won't be going, you guys are all super pro
    You mean we are too old?
    Come come~

  3. #20
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Jun 2003
    Location
    Montreal
    Posts
    122
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    I vote for Beddington Height School on Monday evening.
    The more bfers, the merrier! as long it's not a ratio of 12 ppl/court.

    Are there other places besides YWCA on sundays? such as in pm?

  4. #21
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Mar 2005
    Location
    calgary
    Posts
    112
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    so i went out to Beddington last night to try it out. its pretty good for an elementary school. kind of busy though. i'm not too fond of the "only 1 game" rule and not a best of 3 oh well.

    how am i supposed to know who is who?

  5. #22
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    May 2002
    Location
    New York, US
    Posts
    10,283
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    And remember, the local BFers need to lend a racket to frendies (prefer long, iso, mid-stiff, even balance), as she travel light - not bring her racket.

  6. #23
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Jun 2003
    Location
    Montreal
    Posts
    122
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by sunofabeach
    so i went out to Beddington last night to try it out. its pretty good for an elementary school. kind of busy though. i'm not too fond of the "only 1 game" rule and not a best of 3 oh well.

    how am i supposed to know who is who?
    When you say busy, what's the ratio, waiting time?
    Many clubs are like that, some informal, some formal (some use paper and pen, some use clothpin)

    I guess you get to play the second game of the best of 3 a little while later.
    It can be quite desorienting the first time you visit a place, not knowing anyone, wondering how to ask for games with ppl of about same level ...

  7. #24
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Jun 2003
    Location
    Montreal
    Posts
    122
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by LazyBuddy
    And remember, the local BFers need to lend a racket to frendies (prefer long, iso, mid-stiff, even balance), as she travel light - not bring her racket.
    Anyone brave enough to lend me one?

  8. #25
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Aug 2004
    Location
    Trinidad & Tobago / Calgary
    Posts
    1,579
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Damn, I would have loved to go and play if only it was on a day I didnt have school lol, I have my IB english test the next day it is I believe...I should really check that out.

  9. #26
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    May 2002
    Location
    New York, US
    Posts
    10,283
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by smash_master
    Damn, I would have loved to go and play if only it was on a day I didnt have school lol, I have my IB english test the next day it is I believe...I should really check that out.
    Play sunday day time, and study at night.

  10. #27
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Aug 2004
    Location
    Trinidad & Tobago / Calgary
    Posts
    1,579
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Post

    Quote Originally Posted by LazyBuddy
    Play sunday day time, and study at night.
    That works, but I didnt recall anything about where she would be playing or if she would be playing on the sunday.

  11. #28
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Jun 2003
    Location
    Montreal
    Posts
    122
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by smash_master
    That works, but I didnt recall anything about where she would be playing or if she would be playing on the sunday.
    As mentioned previously, I'll go to Beddington Height Elementary School, on monday evening (May 1st) from 8 pm-10:30 pm. Unless someone wants to play during the day too

    I don't think I will go to YWCA since I read it's very busy on sunday AM.
    I would prefer to to play on sunday pm or evening but I haven't heard any suggestions so far. =)

    Que sera sera...

  12. #29
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2002
    Location
    Basement Boiler Room
    Posts
    22,118
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by frendies
    As mentioned previously, I'll go to Beddington Height Elementary School, on monday evening (May 1st) from 8 pm-10:30 pm. Unless someone wants to play during the day too

    I don't think I will go to YWCA since I read it's very busy on sunday AM.
    I would prefer to to play on sunday pm or evening but I haven't heard any suggestions so far. =)

    Que sera sera...
    mount royal college close on sunday around that time so the pm session is out. This also explains why beddington is busier these days as other clubs (MRC, university) close down for exams.
    I'll see what i can dig up. As u all know, my best 5 rackets were stolen.

  13. #30
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Jun 2003
    Location
    Montreal
    Posts
    122
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by cooler
    mount royal college close on sunday around that time so the pm session is out. This also explains why beddington is busier these days as other clubs (MRC, university) close down for exams.
    I'll see what i can dig up. As u all know, my best 5 rackets were stolen.
    Hello~~ leaving Vancouver tomorrow in one piece ... happy yet sad to leave (happy because I'm in one piece and because I m going to Calgary, sad because I will miss Vancouver .... the food of course :P)

    So, arriving in Calgary around 2 pm local time, anybody wants to go for a hike in Banff . Most important, anybody's going for some badminton next Monday?! This thread is soooo dead ! *snif snif snif snif snif* I want sooomeeeeeeee action, calgary bfers!!! :P

  14. #31
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Jun 2003
    Location
    Montreal
    Posts
    122
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Oh I forgot, where are the sushi places in Calgary?
    oh... and what Pete suggested, Angus steak?
    hmm, what else?
    Last edited by frendies; 04-26-2006 at 03:25 AM.

  15. #32
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Nov 2004
    Location
    Strathmore Alberta
    Posts
    847
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Good Sushi is at Sushi Ichiban on Mcleod Trail, just south of Henniger Toyota. They also do Teryikai and Tempura as part of the all you can eat.

    I could probably get away to play Sunday night at Talisman or Southland. Monday is out as my wife has theater practice.

  16. #33
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    May 2002
    Location
    New York, US
    Posts
    10,283
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by frendies
    Oh I forgot, where are the sushi places in Calgary?
    oh... and what Pete suggested, Angus steak?
    hmm, what else?
    You forgot Gelato...

    Since you only have 1 day in Calgary (next monday), wonder how you going to play after all these food...

  17. #34
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2002
    Location
    Vancouver, Canada
    Posts
    2,373
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default Man, you guys better step up

    ...to show Friendies a good time in Cowtown otherwise we Vancouverites hold the record

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Similar Threads

  1. Road Trip to Calgary
    By madbad in forum Sunridge Badminton Centre
    Replies: 102
    : 06-01-2012, 03:47 AM
  2. Replies: 1
    : 11-14-2010, 04:08 AM
  3. My 3rd trip to Van
    By LazyBuddy in forum Canada West
    Replies: 367
    : 05-10-2006, 10:00 PM
  4. My first trip to Van & Calgary Apri 25-May 10
    By RSLCANADA in forum Canada West
    Replies: 9
    : 04-24-2006, 02:04 PM
  5. Trip to VAN - 4/9-4/14
    By LazyBuddy in forum Canada West
    Replies: 453
    : 04-26-2004, 10:45 AM

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •