User Tag List

Page 10 of 113 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 60 110 ... LastLast
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by vince_kan
    Dink, you seem to have tried like almost every racquet on planet earth....
    Not every racket, but I've tried a few, including RSL. Here are some.

Last edited by DinkAlot; 09-15-2006 at 02:20 PM.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Reviews pls? Thanks alot.

Quote Originally Posted by DinkAlot
    Not every racket, but I've tried a few, including RSL. Here are some.

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Reviews pls? Thanks alot.
    I've never hit an RSL racket I did not like. They are excellent quality.

X1: stiff and heavy, an attackers dream. Defense is still surprisingly good. It's currently my go to racket.

Millenium 6 Novas: both very fast heads, among the fastest I've tried. Medium flex, excellent balance. Both are excellent all-around rackets for a lighter to medium weight racket. Very stable. Really nothing bad can be said of these rackets except the barbed wire and tree leaf design. If the 6 had a 2U version, I'd probably swing it on a daily basis.

Nova 6180: haven't hit it yet, testing it today.

Laser 6800: unique taper shaft. 7.5mm at the handle, 6.5mm at the racket. Unique feel. Swing is very neutral and controllable but adds stability and power for smashes and returns. I need to restring the racket to give more analysis.

Extreme 6090: a great less than $70 racket. Medium flex, not as stable as its peers but very good in just about all other aspects. Have to play it more...

Not shown: Ti4900: great light weight racket, very stable. Medium flex, very forgiving. My recommendation for a fast player who wants a light mobile racket.

I haven't hit all these rackets enough to give a detailed analysis but they are all good to excellent. You really can't go wrong with an RSL racket unless you choose the exact opposite of what you are looking for.

RSL = excellent stuff.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Wink RSL Millenium Ti 88

Dont know...maybe he try already dont like then sell lor...anyway he selling quite expensive leh....like selling new racquet like that....

this model is selling in KL (puchong) now ,no need rm250 lah...

the shop offers me at rm250 ,WITH a pair of "YONEX-look alike badminton" shoe (if you know what mean..hee hee..)

The shoe is in red with silver stripes (personally,i call it "the tiger shoe” )。yep,it's exactly look the same as the one which Lee Chong Wei and other international players wear..but the brand is not yonex.

this shoe is less than RM100 while the yonex is RM500. see the diffrence.

The racquet - I managed to swing around with the racquet (with strings ,grip) and immediately i fell in love with it .It's not too heavy,not too light ,it's "ngam ngam good".To me,"ngam ngam good" means nice.

too bad..this model all sold out...have to wait til end of the month. *sigh*

I have to admit,last time , i donn't bother to look at RSL racquet (cause the name sounds expensive and never heard of it before) ? but after I bought a RSL Ti 10 limited edition,RSL has bcome one of my favourite racquet to use and introduce.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by surge
    haven tried many but 6900 really does pack quite some power, much more even compared to 6800
    hey surge, dun make me feel SO regret on my brilliant trade off decision hor

lucky, dinkalot's review on RSL6800 is quite positive, hehe

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default Where to buy Laser 6800/6900 around KL/Klang area, Msia

Hello badmin fellows. Need your help here. I am currently using RSL Nova 6170 for about a month now. I really like it...The racket is well balance, head-light and fast head. A very good all-around racket and for double player. Nice color too. My control and drop have improved quite a bit. The placement of my shuttle is more accurate. Also, I can generate more power on my smash now even still weak. String with BG66 @24lb.

With your help, where can I buy the Laser 6800/6900 racquets around KL/Klang area, Msia? Pls include shop name (addr if possible), phone number if possible. If there is a particular person I need to deal with to get a better deal, pls provide that too. Thank you.

In term of pricing, how much are they in KL/Klang area? My friend bought me the Nova 6170 with BG66 & Karakal PU grip for RM150.

Any help will be greatly appreciated. Thank you, thank you.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by aheng
    hey surge, dun make me feel SO regret on my brilliant trade off decision hor

lucky, dinkalot's review on RSL6800 is quite positive, hehe
    6800 and 6900 both are excellent racket. this week alone broke 3 racket strings liao. gonna reduce tension to 26lb. the racket can take 28lbs but my pocket cannot take it!!!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I've owned and played with the RSL 4800/4900 racquets and I was not very impressed with these racquets. The quality was okay but found the racquets overpriced and not value for money IMHO.

Would suggest those tempted to buy the 6800/6900 to demo it first and not buy on impulse. No doubt the reviews given here are very positive, ultimately you are the one using the racquet not the reviewer. What may work for the reviewer may not work for you. just my $0.02

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by surge
    this week alone broke 3 racket strings liao. gonna reduce tension to 26lb. the racket can take 28lbs but my pocket cannot take it!!!
    did u break the strings due to mishit? if its mishit, would reducing tension help?

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by roller
    I've owned and played with the RSL 4800/4900 racquets and I was not very impressed with these racquets. The quality was okay but found the racquets overpriced and not value for money IMHO.
    Everyone has different opinions. You say the quality was OK, I feel the quality of RSL rackets is excellent.

Not being impressed with the 4800/4900 maybe a function of your playing style and preference. For instance, I cannot and would not normally play with the 4800/4900 because both rackets are far too light and flexible for me. However, for a player who desires a light and flexible racket, the 4800/4900 are hard to beat.

It's all relative.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by roller
    did u break the strings due to mishit? if its mishit, would reducing tension help?
    that i am not very sure though i doubt so. i used to string all rackets at 26lbs and they either break after showing signs of fray( and the fraying are always around the sweet spot) or i have to cut them and restring cos string bed feels 'dead'(or string no longer elastic).

well,will give 27lbs another try. if still break then means my timing cannot make it...always mis hit then better reduce to 19lbs. can last loooooong time

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by DinkAlot
    Everyone has different opinions. You say the quality was OK, I feel the quality of RSL rackets is excellent.

Not being impressed with the 4800/4900 maybe a function of your playing style and preference. For instance, I cannot and would not normally play with the 4800/4900 because both rackets are far too light and flexible for me. However, for a player who desires a light and flexible racket, the 4800/4900 are hard to beat.

It's all relative.
    actually dunno much about balance point, flex etc, to me, as long as racket looks nice and can play w it can liao.....at least if cant win the match, i look nice w the racket in court

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

RSL rackets are really good buys with excellent quality.
    The Laser 6800 is an even balance racket with fast maneuverability and good stability and powerful too. I am impressed!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

The colour scheme of RSL 6800/6900 seems very close to the Astec Pro 850 on other thread. Manufacture from same factory?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by khwong
    RSL rackets are really good buys with excellent quality.
    The Laser 6800 is an even balance racket with fast maneuverability and good stability and powerful too. I am impressed!
    I have got my 6800 lfew weeks back and I must admit it felt terrible when I first used it in warm up. I just could not "feel" the racket and for a moment I thought I wasted my money. However, I continued to use it for my warm up whenever I played and slowly getting used to it. I am happy that I have used it to play full games now for the last 2 sessions.

I realised that to use 6800 well one need to depend more on the swing (I'm not sure if other 6800/6900 users felt the same) instead of the wrist. But once you got over it, this rackte really do pack some power.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by colingsk
    The colour scheme of RSL 6800/6900 seems very close to the Astec Pro 850 on other thread. Manufacture from same factory?
    They colour scheme might look similiar but if you examine carefully they're not the same. I don't see the taper shaft on the Astec model. Who knows, might be the same manufacturer. As for the feel, i think Sir Dink is in a better position to indulge on that.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Linus
    I realised that to use 6800 well one need to depend more on the swing (I'm not sure if other 6800/6900 users felt the same) instead of the wrist. But once you got over it, this rackte really do pack some power.
    i thought regardless or racket power all comes from the swing only control of direction comes from e wrist

Page 10 of 113 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 60 110 ... LastLast