User Tag List

Page 2 of 113 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 52 102 ... LastLast
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

this caught my attention...

what are the 'anti-twist tech' the '3p' and the 'flex power'?

wh is the the diamond x1 a singles racket? it's 3u, even balanced and stiff...sounds all-rounded to me...

nice colours though.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

The 3p is where they put titanium meshes in the frame.

1p = One titanium mesh at 12-o-clock
    2p = Two at about 4-o-clock
    3p = combination of 1p and 2p
    They say 1p is for more power, 2p is for more control (stability), and 3p is (you guessed it) for more power AND more control.

Flex power probably has something to do with the flexpoint of the shaft. Or, as they say in their catalogue: "Flex Power is RSL's latest Technology by combining the characteristics of the Frame Design, Thin Flexible Shaft and matching it with the perfect Balance Point to give you Super power from a light weight frame."

Anti-twist technology is a way to reduce torsion (the twisting of the shaft during hits), like yy's built-in T-joint.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Erwin
    "Flex Power is RSL's latest Technology by combining the characteristics of the Frame Design, Thin Flexible Shaft and matching it with the perfect Balance Point to give you Super power from a light weight frame..
    I have to be honest..that part is really very bad marketing.... 'perfect balance point' c'mon....

the titanium si actually very interesting..Just teh "super power" and "pwoer nd control" those statements really turn me away...

though I think I might want to try one...someday...

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I totally agree with you on the marketing part. Although some of their technologies look good, their way of promoting is really bad.

Really do try one! They play really well and seem very strong. The only problem is, they are quite expensive (www.sportak.nl for prices)
    I've played with the 4900 of a friend of mine once, and I really liked it. Would like to try some more of their rackets, but that's just dangerous for my wallet...

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

hey, That's a new one. didn't know he was there...but ineed, not cheap (for 'trying out')

on the other hand, it's just very hard to get a market share with yonex on the top as it is now. with such overstating claims they just try to get a piece of the pie...this is not the thread for it, but some other brands dont do such a good marketing job as well...(like Pro-ace, or even my beloved Sotx..)

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Sportak definitely isn't a new store . He sells Karakal for a few years now (at least three, probably more) and he is the official RSL importer for Holland. Really nice guy, and always willing to help you. I've heard he wants to sponsor Jordy Hilbink with RSL. Jordy already turned down babolat, but I hope he will accept this offer. It will help RSL get a bigger market share, and some promotion.

Their products are definitely good, but they are hard to sell because nobody knows about it, and they don't want to try something new ("wat de boer niet kent, dat vreet hij niet").

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Erwin
    Sportak definitely isn't a new store . He sells Karakal for a few years now (at least three, probably more) and he is the official RSL importer for Holland. Really nice guy, and always willing to help you. I've heard he wants to sponsor Jordy Hilbink with RSL. Jordy already turned down babolat, but I hope he will accept this offer. It will help RSL get a bigger market share, and some promotion.

Their products are definitely good, but they are hard to sell because nobody knows about it, and they don't want to try something new ("wat de boer niet kent, dat vreet hij niet").
    Jordy Hillbink..Isn't he from 'the racketeers' or something? about 16 years old? Youth National selection etc. If so, I know him, nice guy.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Yes that's him! He used to play for 'the racketeers' in Emmen, but was soon to good for them. No he plays at Elo in Hengelo. Last year he played 3rd division, bur probably 2nd next year. He became National youth champion this year as well. He currently ranks about 130 on the national ranking, so he's a A-player, not bad at 15/16 years old.

Used to win from him though, I even beat him in the final of a tournament four years ago. But then again, I was 14, he was like 11/12 So it wasn't a fair comparison.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I met him at a trainingscamp in 2005, and later in the national youth championships <17. nice guy. wonder why he turned down babo...

still, were drifting off topic...Has RSl joined in on the 'nano-carbon' fad?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Their new Millenium 6 series have some different names.

'RSL Laser 6900&6800 Racket' for the top models
    'RSL Nova xxxx Racket' for the midrange
    'RSL Extreme xxxx Racket' for the lower end of the scale.

I don't know what the hell it means, but at least there is no 'nano' in the name

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

good to see rsl doing it's own thing...

how long are there rackets? not listed anywhere....

it's soo anoying you can't read anywhere what their technologies are..it just says 'x-titanium' and that's it..nothing mroe to elaborate,.,

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default I never know the model called 88

You can find all RSL racquets in the www.rsl-1928.com, that's the official website. Series 5 means racquets lauched in 2005, Series 6 means 2006...

I do heard of there are good old RSL models are not named in this way before 2000. that racquet may be in this case.

One word, if this racquet is after 2000, it must be in the list of racquets in the official website.

M 260, how much equal to USD?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by RSLCANADA
    You can find all RSL racquets in the www.rsl-1928.com, that's the official website. Series 5 means racquets lauched in 2005, Series 6 means 2006...

I do heard of there are good old RSL models are not named in this way before 2000. that racquet may be in this case.

One word, if this racquet is after 2000, it must be in the list of racquets in the official website.

M 260, how much equal to USD?
    www.xe.com ~25euro's...

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by jerby
    www.xe.com ~25euro's...

Then it's not RSL 5800. which should be more expensive than that.

I totally agree with you guy about marketing of RSL racquets. When you hold the racquet, you can easily find it's better than last year models, but you never know where this improvement comes from!

Bad introduction for technology. poor market work. Anyway, RSL's main product is still the shuttlecocks.

If you guys can find RSL Laser 6800 and 6900, give them a try. They are very good. Hope they are not selling too high in Europe.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

i think he was referring to this instead..

260.00 MYR
    Malaysia Ringgits = 71.2946 USD
    United States Dollars
    260.00 MYR
    Malaysia Ringgits = 55.8171 EUR
    Euro

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by vince_kan
    i think he was referring to this instead..

260.00 MYR
    Malaysia Ringgits = 71.2946 USD
    United States Dollars
    260.00 MYR
    Malaysia Ringgits = 55.8171 EUR
    Euro

Look like there is an mistake in the previous post. I donot know then...My Suggestion is to compare it to the model in the official website. Good Luck!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

my bad. I thought he said RM, or renmimbi, Chinese Yuan..sorry.

Page 2 of 113 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 52 102 ... LastLast