User Tag List

Page 3 of 113 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 53 103 ... LastLast
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Never mind. It's very nice to talk with you guys from Holland. Exciting!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

RSL Canada. I'm a marketing person and I'd like to comment on RSL's marketing strategy.

You might be interested to know that RSL rackets are selling very well in the Philippines because of its good quality and its reasonable price. The most popular model would be the Ti 3200, which most often than not is out of stock. It may even be considered the best selling racket in the country. It is not unusual for people to buy 2 or 3 3200's at a time. Note however that the newer models are becoming more and more expensive. Just to give you an idea, the 3200 is selling for a little below US$50. When the 4900 was introduced, it was selling for about US$75. Today, the laser 6900 is about US$132.

I think RSL rackets will have difficulty maintaining its market share in the Philippines because of the steep upward trend of its price. The disparity between the price of Yonex and RSL rackets in the Philippines is no longer as far apart as it once was. Just to give you an idea, the price difference beteween the RSL 6900 and the Yonex Ti10 is less than US$20.
    And that does not even factor-in the dirt cheap Armortech's and Nanospeed's from Thailand.

I think RSL should build its product image, the same way Carlton has been doing (product endorsements) if it wants to sell its rackets at a premium. RSL could also sponsor grassroots development programs (similar to the Sotx-Bayi team) to give it an image of a product with a lot of "substance" but with less "flair".

Just my two cents....

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Thanks VInce Kan for giving the correct exchange rate~ haha

actually i am looking a new racket to replace my yonex NS9k, which was broken on 3 jul 06, use it less than 2 mths, crash 1 time then gone
    (when i bought it i thought at least can use 2 years)

after reading all ur review,maybe i should consider the millenium 6 series also!! so i should consider 6800 and 5800 coz i playing double

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Dont mention it...

Anyway RSL seems like another interesting brand, but US$132 for a laser 6900 is rather steep for a non yonex.

Aheng, can you find out the prices in your country for 6800 and 6900 and share with us, sounds like a good racquet....might consider if it's price is good over in Singapore or JB.

Quote Originally Posted by aheng
    Thanks VInce Kan for giving the correct exchange rate~ haha

actually i am looking a new racket to replace my yonex NS9k, which was broken on 3 jul 06, use it less than 2 mths, crash 1 time then gone
    (when i bought it i thought at least can use 2 years)

after reading all ur review,maybe i should consider the millenium 6 series also!! so i should consider 6800 and 5800 coz i playing double

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

vince_kan let me know if you wanna get it too so can join as well ......... I like the color pattern of 6900 one.

Quote Originally Posted by vince_kan
    Dont mention it...

Anyway RSL seems like another interesting brand, but US$132 for a laser 6900 is rather steep for a non yonex.

Aheng, can you find out the prices in your country for 6800 and 6900 and share with us, sounds like a good racquet....might consider if it's price is good over in Singapore or JB.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ok i will check the price of 6800 & 6900 in JB, and let u all know!

there are someone selling the RSL millenium 5 TI heat 88 in Buy & sell forum!!
    got picture attached! but wonder why he sell after use only 5 days

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Dont know...maybe he try already dont like then sell lor...anyway he selling quite expensive leh....like selling new racquet like that....

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

RSL Canada, how would you define the 4900 as in flexibility/balance etc.?
    Unfortunately RSL doesn't really say much about it on their website...

Maybe you could test all their top of the range models (4700 and up, 5700 and up, 6800 and up), and supply us with some more info on their technologies.

Or maybe you could lend a few to Cooler and let him do his measurements-magic

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default Thanks for suggestion

I agree with you, but I shouldnot say anything to market stratage of other agent. In fact, I will sell 6800 and 6900 as the similar price....consider that, the price in Philippine seems some kind of high. Considering so big market there. Oops, I didnot say that.

That's the racquet worth that value and not easy to break.....and I will send free 6800 or 6900 to the clubs I supplied and sponsor elite players.

I hope they will start some program like you said."grassroots development programs " I like this name and idea.

Quote Originally Posted by smashmouth
    RSL Canada. I'm a marketing person and I'd like to comment on RSL's marketing strategy.

You might be interested to know that RSL rackets are selling very well in the Philippines because of its good quality and its reasonable price. The most popular model would be the Ti 3200, which most often than not is out of stock. It may even be considered the best selling racket in the country. It is not unusual for people to buy 2 or 3 3200's at a time. Note however that the newer models are becoming more and more expensive. Just to give you an idea, the 3200 is selling for a little below US$50. When the 4900 was introduced, it was selling for about US$75. Today, the laser 6900 is about US$132.

I think RSL rackets will have difficulty maintaining its market share in the Philippines because of the steep upward trend of its price. The disparity between the price of Yonex and RSL rackets in the Philippines is no longer as far apart as it once was. Just to give you an idea, the price difference beteween the RSL 6900 and the Yonex Ti10 is less than US$20.
    And that does not even factor-in the dirt cheap Armortech's and Nanospeed's from Thailand.

I think RSL should build its product image, the same way Carlton has been doing (product endorsements) if it wants to sell its rackets at a premium. RSL could also sponsor grassroots development programs (similar to the Sotx-Bayi team) to give it an image of a product with a lot of "substance" but with less "flair".

Just my two cents....

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I only use RSL 4900 for a short time, in my mind, it's flexible racquet. Balance, even.

I test 4800 4900 5900 X1, 6800 6900 in the top end range. I used to use 5900 as double racquet. I like 6800 immediately, so did some of A players in Quebec. In the technologies aspect, I think it is Taper shaft, which transfer contral and power to the frame, it did a great job. Another tech used to 6900 6800 is Poly-Matrix, which increase the strength, as my understanding.
    X1 is still some players favorite, super stiff.

THat's my opinion. Please tell me what you guy feel if you have one....
    6800 is double racquet, 6900 is more head heave, and great for single....I am testing 6900 in double play, just get different feeling, so great to attack....

Hope it help

Quote Originally Posted by Erwin
    RSL Canada, how would you define the 4900 as in flexibility/balance etc.?
    Unfortunately RSL doesn't really say much about it on their website...

Maybe you could test all their top of the range models (4700 and up, 5700 and up, 6800 and up), and supply us with some more info on their technologies.

Or maybe you could lend a few to Cooler and let him do his measurements-magic

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I'm currently using the RSL laser 6800, and it is true that my smashing power is increased as compared to my previous RSL 3200, it is probably due to the slight headheavy ba;lance and flexible shaft. An excellent racket to use for both doubles and singles.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Hi! i'm currently using the new RSL laser 6800, i bought it for about $68, here in the philippines i would highly recommend it, slightly head heavy and relatively light especially for an intermediate player like myself. I used an ashaway XT-22 string and strung it to 25 lbs. I get excellent control and strong smashes whenever i need it. I recently bought RSL nova 6190 for about $64 here in the phil. I think its head light balance not so sure haven't strung it yet. I'd say RSL rackets are relatively cheap here as compared to Yonex rackets. A friend of mine bought the RSL laser 6900 and got it for $73 slightly heavier than my 6800 but great smashes and easy clears for him. (hehehe).

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

very sorry for the late ~~ info, haha
    i checked already, RSL6800 = RM245, RSL6900 = RM265 (inclusive a 3 compartment RSL big bag, BG-66 string, karakal grip) exchange rate today (SGD$100 = RM230.50)

i just go ahead and buy the RSL6900 after i tried both racket, which i have better feeling on it even though my original plan is to buy a racket for double games.

hope i make a right choice haha

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default got mine laser 6900

hi,

didnt know there were discussion on the RSL laser 6900 and 6800. i just got mine from jb today. heres the story:

went there for some traditional thai massage( relax body after all the games) and get some shuttles.

before i paid for the shuttle, saw the RSL laser 6900 and 6800. took a closer look and realise its taper shaft ( similar to la fleche which i helped a friend bought in HK at S$130 w strings.) realise tons of technology stuff stated on the racket but dunno what they mean at all except taper shaft. there are: anti twist technology, wrinkle free, matrix carbon....most importantly...up to 28lbs. the racket costs RM$212 w BG66 and a big bag (very good quality one that i will be selling soon on BnS cos i already have a big bag.) and a lousy RSL grip. same price for 6800 and 6900. got the 6900 cos it feels head heavier ( which is what i was looking for, eyeing the armortec700 but the racket cant take 28lbs )

got the racket and strung it at 28lbs. then went back singapore for a game. the racket packs loads of power!!!! but at 28lbs, control was lacking, the drops were like **** but the smashes were superb!

during second game, i siwtch to my usual yonex Ti10yellow thinking that i wanna smash harder but too my dismay, the RSL smash better...

conclusion....am going to order another laser 6900.... after tryiing it for some more games tomoro....keep your eyes on this thread. btw, the shop told me this models are rsl high end and very hard to sell in JB, i bought the only 6900 he has. going in next week for another 6900 or a 6800

FYI, i once got the victor zhaojianhua 3000 and felt it was better than Ti10red, then still ended up w the yonex. it may be my overexcitment but this racket even if not better than ti10yellow, its worth the rm200
    Last edited by surge; 08-10-2006 at 09:34 AM.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Where did you get it from?

Quote Originally Posted by surge
    hi,

didnt know there were discussion on the RSL laser 6900 and 6800. i just got mine from jb today. heres the story:

went there for some traditional thai massage( relax body after all the games) and get some shuttles.

before i paid for the shuttle, saw the RSL laser 6900 and 6800. took a closer look and realise its taper shaft ( similar to la fleche which i helped a friend bought in HK at S$130 w strings.) realise tons of technology stuff stated on the racket but dunno what they mean at all except taper shaft. there are: anti twist technology, wrinkle free, matrix carbon....most importantly...up to 28lbs. the racket costs RM$212 w BG66 and a big bag (very good quality one that i will be selling soon on BnS cos i already have a big bag.) and a lousy RSL grip. same price for 6800 and 6900. got the 6900 cos it feels head heavier ( which is what i was looking for, eyeing the armortec700 but the racket cant take 28lbs )

got the racket and strung it at 28lbs. then went back singapore for a game. the racket packs loads of power!!!! but at 28lbs, control was lacking, the drops were like **** but the smashes were superb!

during second game, i siwtch to my usual yonex Ti10yellow thinking that i wanna smash harder but too my dismay, the RSL smash better...

conclusion....am going to order another laser 6900.... after tryiing it for some more games tomoro....keep your eyes on this thread. btw, the shop told me this models are rsl high end and very hard to sell in JB, i bought the only 6900 he has. going in next week for another 6900 or a 6800

FYI, i once got the victor zhaojianhua 3000 and felt it was better than Ti10red, then still ended up w the yonex. it may be my overexcitment but this racket even if not better than ti10yellow, its worth the rm200

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

it seem like i bought very expensive already
    where u (surge) buy at jb ?? shop name?

i try the racket 6900 for some stroke for the 1st time yesterday for about 15min, not so used to it! but is quite good for smash.

i will try again at tis coming sun, hopefully can get the feel, if not ........
    i sell and get 6800 haha

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

it seem like i bought very expensive already
    where u (surge) buy at jb ?? shop name?

i try the racket 6900 for some stroke for the 1st time yesterday for about 15min, not so used to it! but is quite good for smash.

i will try again at tis coming sun, hopefully can get the feel, if not ........
    i sell and get 6800 haha
    eh,,,dont think la, just sell the racket to me la...hee....or i get the 6800 and trade w you also can la. cos the shop has no 6900 liao

Page 3 of 113 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 53 103 ... LastLast