Ti-10 durability?

Discussion in 'Badminton Rackets / Equipment' started by Jeff, May 7, 2001.

1. Jeff

Jeff Guest

i was just wondering if the duribilty on the ti-10 is good because i tend to hit the frame a lot

2. Jeff

Jeff Guest

another issue about Ti

ive also read a lot about how these new titanium racquets are all a gimmick, made of 99% graphite and 1% titanium. Do you still think the Ti-10 is worth purchasing? Im looking for a good singles racquet

3. Don

Don Regular Member

It's very durable if you don't go banging it up against a wall and other racquets. Keep in mind the string tension, the higher you go, and the most likely you hit frame, then the most likely you'll break thte racquet. This is all based on my experience.

4. Don

Don Regular Member

Re: another issue about Ti

Get a racquet you'd be comfortable with. The Ti-10 is a good racquet, but takes time to get use to it, and to use it to its full potential. You may not like the racquet because it's too stiff or it's head heavy. My friend hates it because it hurts his arm, it's too stiff for him. Go somewhere and demo it and a whole bunch of other racquet and choose which ever suits you.

5. shaun

shaun Regular Member

Theatre boy!!

The Ti stuff is a gimmick, but that doesnt make the Ti10 a bad racquet...its an amazing racquet despite the gimmick.
    i love it, it was my frist time using one today(i used a 2U long), and it was AMAZING! stiff and head heavy...i could generate tons and tons of power with hardly any effort! I have never tried a racquet like it! i really dont see how anyone can hurt their arm from using a badminton racquet.....they're all so light anyway....and before the days of graphite, they used aluminum and even wood....i dont think many ppl complained of hurting their arms.....maybe its the technique...no offense to ur friend of course don.

6. Aaron

Aaron Guest

yes the Ti-10 shaun tried was mine =b
    and i dunno bout durability but nothin happened to mine so far =b
    and i luv dat racquet....hehe....so yea....i dunno if it's worth it but mine was a gift given to me...

7. Aaron

Aaron Guest

From what i've heard from shaun, the Ti stuff is all a gimmick. But regardless, i still think that the Ti-10 is a good racquet. Like shaun said, when i used it for the first time i fell in love with it. It's the most powerful racquet i've ever used. I don't know if you are willing to spend the money on it but the Ti-10 is truely an amazing racquet. like don said, you should go demo it first. Some people luv it or they hate it. Like my other friend...he hates it....i don't know why but i luv it...i guess it all depends on whether you can use it or not. good luck

8. david

david Guest

How do u guys compare Ti10 with IsoTiSP - SX ??
    Which one do u prefer?

9. shaun

shaun Regular Member

Theatre boy!!

i dont think that the Ti10 can be compared to the SP.
    the Ti10 is a totally different type of racquet! its like comparing a 911 turbo to a mclaren F1. The Ti10 has MP frame, also has the 7mm shaft, is a lot stiffer than the SP SX and more head heavy. In short, the Ti10 would be more powerful.
    As for control, it depends whether or not the player can control a stiffer racquet or not. The Ti10 is very amazing(i tried aaron's out). once i hit the birdie for the first time i instanly fell in love with it.
    My other friend(harry) has a 900 SP SA. OK, i am aware that the 900 is already more flexible than the TiSP and the SA is more flexible than the SX. My impressions from the swing power is obviously less power.
    I was once in a shop fooling with a TiSP SX. The shaft is still not as stiff as the Ti10.....and i believe the Ti10 to be more head heavy than the SP. Ti10 just plain rules ^_^

10. harry

harry Guest

i dun really get your stand point.....itz a gimmick but itz amazing....if the titanium series is really a gimmick then how come you find the ti10 super amazing but not something of similar design w/o titanium like 900SP super amazing too? both rackets are head heavy, isometric frame, long shaft....etc. the only main diff is that ti10 'has' the titanium in itz composition. The titanium IS wat makes the racket better, it makes the shaft extra stiff and stable, thatz why itz good man. how is it a gimmick if the titanium makes teh racket difference from others in a good way?

11. harry

harry Guest

i totally agree with Don, the string tension plays a big part in teh durability of the racket but the play style of the player also counts too.....needless to say, the owner has to take good care of the racket too in order for it last =)