Thomas Cup & Uber Cup Players In Action

Discussion in 'Thomas Cup / Uber Cup 2006' started by BinBin007911, Apr 16, 2006.

1. BinBin007911

BinBin007911 Regular Member

Thomas Cup
    China - Guo Zhendong, Bao Chunlai, Xia Xuanze, Zheng Bo, Cai Yun, Xie Zhongbo, Fu Haifeng, Chen Hong, Chen Jin, Lin Dan.
    Malaysia - Hashim Muhd Hafiz B, Choong Tan Fook, Chew Choon Eng, Tan Boon Heong, Koo Kien Keat, Wong Choong Hann, Chan Chong Ming, Kuan Beng Hong, Lee Chong Wei, Lee Wan Wah.
    Denmark - Martin Lundgaard Hansen, Carsten Mogensen, Jonas Rasmussen, Jens Eriksen, Mathias Boe, Niels Christian Kaldau, Kenneth Jonassen, Joachim Persson, Lars Paaske, Peter Gade.
    Korea - Park Sung Hwan, Jang Young Soo, Jung Tae Keuk, Lee Yong Dae, Lee Jae Jin, Shon Seung Mo, Han Sang Hoon, Jung Jae Sung, Hwang Ji Man, Lee Hyun II.
    Indonesia - Sony Dwi Kuncor, Luluk Hadiyanto, Candra Wijaya, Taufik Hidayat, Yulianto Alven, Hendra Setiawan, Simon Santoso, Markus Wijanu, Sigit Bubiarto, Markis Kido.
    Japan - Yousuke Nakanishi, Keishi Kawaguchi, Shuichi Nakao, Keita Masuda, Sho Sasaki, Shuichi Sakamoto, Tadashi Ohtsuka, Shintaro Ikeda, Koichi Saeki, Shoji Sato
    India -
    Germany -
    New Zealand -
    England - Kristian Roebuck, Nicholas Kidd ~, Aamir Ghaffar, Andrew Smith, David Lindley, Chris LangridgeIan Palethorpe, Anthony Clark, Robert Blair ~, Rajiv Ouseph.
    USA - Khan Bob Maaythong, Howard Bach, Howard Shu, Eric Go, Tony Gunawan ~ *, Ronald Sou, Raju Rai.
    South Africa -

Uber CupTeamPlayerChinaZhang JiewenXie XingfangHuang SuiGao LingDu JingJiang YanjiaoZhang NingYang WeiYu YangLu LanJapanKanako YonekuraSatoko SuetsunaMiyuki MaedaYu HirayamaKaori MoriTomomi MatsudaKumiko OguraReiko ShiotaEriko HiroseAki AkaoNew ZealandKoreaHwang Hye YounSeo Yoon HeeRa Kyung MinJun Jae YounLee Hyun JinLee Kyung WonLee Hyo JungLee Yun HwaHwang Yu Mi Ha Jung EunSingaporeSari Shinta MuliaJiang YanmeiLi YujiaFrances Liu Fan Xing Aiying Li Li Hong KongLouisa Koon Wai Chee Chau Hoi WahNg Ka ShunYip Pui YinWong Man ChingWong Sin YeeWang ChenChinese TaipeiGermanyEnglandSuzanne RayappanJoanne NicholasDonna KelloggNatalie MuntJulia MannElizabeth Cann ~Jenny WallworkTracey HallamGail EmmsJill PittardNetherlandsUSAMesinee MangkalakiriJamie SubandhiYeh RulienZhou LiliJennifer ColemanTodt LaurenYeh Rulan Eva LeeSouth Africa

#1 BinBin007911, Apr 16, 2006
    Last edited: Apr 16, 2006
  2. BinBin007911

BinBin007911 Regular Member

plase delete for me 10s... i post other new post

3. indra

indra Regular Member

I guess this year TC is the most competitive . It is hard to predict which team will win the competition.

In my analysis China, Malaysia, Denmark, Indonesia and Korea have equal chance of winning it. However, China and Malaysia have bigger chances of winning the TC at this time.

4. ronk

ronk Regular Member

How is it that China, Malaysia, Denmark, Indonesia and Korea have equal chance of winning and China and Malaysia have bigger chances of winning???? Statement 2 contradicts statement 1???

5. indra

indra Regular Member

What I meant: China and Malaysia are the strong candidates to win the cup, however Denmark, Indonesaia and Korea have also chance to win

6. SE1992

SE1992 Regular Member

For Team Denmark, really their focus is normally less on team events than the World Championships or Olympics. For decades they have players - both singles and doubles - that could challenge the best from China/Indonesia but just never quite made the last step. But a number of them have won many of the big events in the individual tournaments.

7. taufik-ist

taufik-ist Regular Member

it administrator
    now or never ....

8. weeyet

weeyet Regular Member

Engineer / Freelance pianist
    Denmark is the most experienced team this time!!!!

9. ctjcad

ctjcad Regular Member

Yes, they are my dark horse team...But hopefully the recent European tournaments didn't drain all their energy..

10. peace

peace Regular Member

This year is indeed the best time for Denmark to win the TC.

11. Wong8Egg

Wong8Egg Regular Member

I think it was closer for them in the year of 2004, that they got Peter Rasmussen to play 3rd MS and their age were relatively youngers. I think Demark is the only team with more than half of the members reached the age of 30.

12. LazyBuddy

LazyBuddy Regular Member

Engineer
    The structure of individual and team tournies are totally different:

1. Individual tournies you have 5 champions (assume all events), but team tourny there's only 3 (TC / UC / SC).

2. Tons of individual tournies per year, while all the team tournies are once per 2 years. So, a top pro can go through like 15-20 individual tournies, in between 2 chances of a team cup.

3. If you have a lucky draw, you can end up in a relatively easy half and go deep w/o too many real fights, and watch the best of the best kill themselves in earlier round in the other half. That also including "civil war" between the power houses within themselves, i.e. CHN lady team. Relative rare the case in team tourny.