User Tag List

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

haha he can't any taller........

bro MOD ur racket......change longer handle....should help.

Quote Originally Posted by Iwan
    Bertbrainz, drink more nutrisoy, 2 litres everyday to try and grow taller Do lots of double step skipping, 30 minutes each time and maybe 3 to 5 times a week. Do a lot of jumping exercise, running, sprinting, and fast footwork training. You don't need steepness in your smashes, a person your size should work on your court speed and endurance instead of steep smashes. Also, work on strengthening your wrist, they can help get you out of sticky situation such as consecutive attacking lobs.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

haha...if u all hav any tips on how to improve my game...pls advice mi...haha

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Height is not so significant as you think.Watch the trajectory of the shuttle,move behind it,take off when it begins to fall or when it's momentun becomes zero,when you reach the maximum height lean back your upper body and fold your knees so that the lower legs come parallel to the floor. Then you can stay fraction of a second in the air. Now smash.Real gun shots will come from your racket if you can stay a split second in the air. I don't know whether this is scientific or not but I get very good result.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

What the ? I'm like 166 cm and i woudlnt consider you and me short AT ALL ! More like average or so unless all the people you hang around are unusually tall (sports school perhaps) or if you're in a western country or something. Anyways..

I can't say im very good, but 7 out of 10 times i can prolly get the smash not only over the net but with above average force (occasional 'accidental' super powerful ones happen). I think what you lack is the technique..im self learned on that one so i could use some pointers to make mine better. Just posting to tell you that we definitely can do it !! All i/we gotta do is to execute it properly with skill and im sure it'll be an awesome smash.

Oh..the degree of my smash - I can smash to around mid court from my own midcourt area and abit towards the base alley.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Just an update - I played badminton this afternoon to great satisfaction Previously ive been training my technique and movements and in the court, i felt awesome. Shuttlecocks were exploding off my racket. I just hope this continues .

Oh, could be also your attitude, you generally do bad if you THINK you cant do it.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

From a short player, same height as the original poster I'll just try to dispell a few myths.

Quote Originally Posted by chickenpoodle
    i'm pretty certain he doesn't need to jump.
    jumping is great, yea, but when the individual is short, they also have short legs. and being able to run fast enough from one side of the court to the other and still have time to do a stable jump for a smash?
    you'd have to be super fit...
    Wrong. Shorter players have a lower centre of gravity which gives them an advantage in movement. Speed is all about explosive movement not length of legs. You have to be superfit to execute constant jump smashes whether you are short or tall.

Quote Originally Posted by __Lam
    works well for angle but some people get less power from jump smashing.
    If executed correctly jump smash will increase power since more of your weight is transferred into the smash. Secondly jump smash encourages you to take the shuttle at its highest point.

Quote Originally Posted by Gosupizza
    but if you REALLY are obssessed witht ehs tep smash, i suggest getting a 68 cm racket and then from there jsut increase your verticle by doing some jump training....
    Quote Originally Posted by anarkia
    bro MOD ur racket......change longer handle....should help.
    That won't help at all

Everyone wants a hard, fast, steep smash. Truth is at early stages of technique execution, footwork and movement around the court, being able to hit an effective clear and drop and consistency of shots are more important. What use is a steep smash if you can't do all of those?

If you really want to use your height to your advantage learn doubles defence and in particular, drives. You have an auto advantage over taller players here.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Dream Hai
    The only way to get steeper angle is to contact the shuttle at a higher point than you can reach and that can only be accomplished by JUMPING !!!!!! or by borrowing the arm off an orangutan...good luck
    also dont forget to borrow canggaroo legs as well....so that u can jump higher

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

What works is to get some angle on your smash.

Once you learn the smash correctly, try to angle the racket a bit more forward and down, if you want a steeper smash.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2