Choice of Grips?

Discussion in 'Techniques / Training' started by Zhangjia, Apr 18, 2006.

1. Zhangjia

Zhangjia Regular Member

Im a middle school player (only 13) and I need to re-grip my racquet. I bought a yonex "Super Grap", the synthetic one but my friend is selling me his towel grip for $1, and I dont know which one to put on.
    Problems:

-I have district tournament coming up soon (about 2-3 weeks) I need one that I can easily adjust to in that time.
    -I think I'll want one that'll last me a while
    -I might buy a new racquet soon (Cuz I'm currently using a Yonex Isometric 30VF :( ) so should I even regrip it?

Need opinions please!
    Thanks.

>>Zhangjia

ALSO.
    Did I post this in the right place?

2. xkenji

xkenji Regular Member

Well is there anything wrong with ur current grip? or do you think it can be better in some way? if there is a tournament soon and ur grip is not a huge problem changing it may just mess you up a bit.

If it is something you need to do right now just try both grips for a week or so and pick one that suits you best. oh describe this towel grip a bit too, is it like home made?? it may have been customized for your friend and may not work properly for you.

3. Gosupizza

Gosupizza Regular Member

yonex supergrap will literally feel like crap after excess of 3 matches or so. The brand new feeling of supergrap is crazy godo but only lasts for a few matches..

i would say use the towel grip, it will last longer and if you sweat a lot i guess its better for you (?)

4. Zhangjia

Zhangjia Regular Member

Yeah my current grip is decaying fast.
    Actually, this will be the first time I put a grip on this racquet..
    yeah, im noob :p

This towel grip came in a big roll and my friend said he bought it in taiwan for 12 bucks. It feels pretty nice..

I dont sweat much in my hand either..

My friend used the Super Grap and his lasted for months though..All this talk about how it lasts for such a short period of time doesnt apply to me i dun think. I dont really squeeze the racquet tightly either.

5. __Lam

__Lam Regular Member

supergrap lasts like 1 hr, after its tackyness is gone so you cant really try it and put it back on. i suggest using the supergrap on your tournement day.