User Tag List

Page 17 of 33 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 ... LastLast
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default Welcome Back Fuji

Quote Originally Posted by Fuji_
    Chris, I got 6 tubes of Yonex shuttles(Aerosensa 4) from KL. The shop owner said it was on special and comparable to Yonex AS 30. Orginal price was M$65/tube, got it for M$45. Saw Sea Lion selling for M$40/tube. I thought might as well get the Yonex for M$5 more.

Bye and see you Friday. Will share more 'stories' at the supper.
    Hi Fuji,

Welcome Back.

Wow !!!...
    You will be wearing the Limited Edition (Orange) Yonex SB99 Shoes.
    You will outrun all of us this Friday.

A big thank you for getting the Yonex Aerosensa 4 for our CCC Club.

Could you calculate by conversion rate to AUD$ (for the M$270 = 6 x M$45) and let me know before this Friday Session?
    And I will ask my Bank Manager for it, before I see you on Friday.

Can't wait to listen to your “stories” at SUPPERTIME.

Cheers... chris@ccc

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by chris@ccc
    Could you calculate by conversion rate to AUD$ (for the M$270 = 6 x M$45) and let me know before this Friday Session?
    Hi Chris, for you, cheap cheap la...
    When I was there, 1 AUD$ buys M$ 2.66 at a local currency exchange.
    So M$270 will be around A$100. No need to see bank manager la...

Oh no, my Malaysian slang is coming back again.

Cheers,
    Fuji

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Hi Fuji, welcome back. Wow, you brought back some expensive shuttles. I hope you didn't get the super slow ones, otherwise ...just kidding. How many kilos did you put up in weight? Last time I went back, I increased my weight by 10Kg...try beating this. I missed CCC record day last Friday due to work, total 24 attendances. I hope this week we can get 26, including you and me.

See you on Friday.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by BadFever
    Hi Fuji, welcome back. Wow, you brought back some expensive shuttles. I hope you didn't get the super slow ones, otherwise ...just kidding. How many kilos did you put up in weight? Last time I went back, I increased my weight by 10Kg...try beating this. I missed CCC record day last Friday due to work, total 24 attendances. I hope this week we can get 26, including you and me.

See you on Friday.
    Hi BadFever,
    With slow shuttles, at least I can return your smashes
    They are rated at 3, which is 77. I remembered Chris saying if in doubt, get speed rating 3 (77). I think they should be the same as the Ashaway I have. Should be normal speed.

10 Kg! Wow... I don't think I have gained that much in my life. Then again, I have been a stick all my life.
    With this trip, I may have gained 2 Kg. Haven't got a scale at home la...

Sure, see you this Friday. Need to try out my new badminton gear. Take it easy on me though as I think I am coming down with another cold... Bloody weather!

Cheers,
    Fuji

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default Hey Fuji, Good memory of Shuttle Speed

Quote Originally Posted by Fuji_
    Hi BadFever,

The shuttles are rated at 3, which is 77. I remembered Chris saying if in doubt, get speed rating 3 (77).
    Hi Fuji,

Thank you for remembering the Shuttle Speed.

Just a reminder message to all other CCC members when buying shuttles, in future, for our club.

When you find cheaper shuttles, especially when you are visiting Asia, please buy shuttles with the following speed rating;
    3(Simplified Labelling No), or
    (Weights in Grains), or
    (Weights in Decigrams).

I can't wait to try the Yonex Aerosensa 4 this Friday.

Cheers... chris@ccc

Last edited by chris-ccc; 07-04-2006 at 10:36 PM.

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default CCC Coaching & Training Session

Hi everyone@ccc,

Now that our CCC Social Session(Friday night) is smooth running, we will be preparing to start our next project.

Several of our CCC players, namely; Helmut-H, Bill-L, Ken-H, Chiranthi-M, Lily-C, etc... have been asking me start our CCC Coaching & Training Session. (* If there are any other players interested, please let me know).

Well, we can start ASAP, now that our CCC Social Session is running OK.

And I propose that our CCC Coaching & Training Session to be held on Wednesday Nights.

============
    So what is the difference between a Coaching & Training Session and a Social Session?

A Social Session concentrates on Playing Games alone.

A Coaching & Training Session concentrates on Learning Skills(from Coaching) and Perfecting Strokes(from Training Drills).

But from my experience, many trainees will still want to play a few games at the end of a Coaching & Training Session. So perhaps, the last 30 or 60 minutes will be devoted to Playing Games.

You guys will remember me saying that we will take in a maximum of 32 players for our Social Session. This is in line with most Social Clubs, i.e. players to play allocated games and to have allocated rests.

But for our Coaching & Training Session to be effective, we will only take in a maximum of 16 trainees. Again, this is in line with most Coaching Clubs, i.e. trainees to train as hard as they can, and trainees manage their own rest periods depending on their own fitness. Because we have only 4 courts, only 16 trainees will be accepted.

============
    Because of the difference in number of participants in the 2 sessions mentioned above, a different Fee Structure will apply. I am still working on this. And the calculations will be based on my Professional Coaching Fees.

Give me a few more days, and I will tell you more.

* And if there are any other players interested in this Coaching & Training Session, please let me know ASAP.

Cheers... chris@ccc

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Chris, after some "serious" thoughts, i want to get into your coaching and training session.

On the point of allocating time for coaching versys training, i suggest it depends on the nature of chapter. For example, single/double tactic would be better off with a fair amount of training thrown at the end for practical purpose (2 hr coaching+1hr training). Clear would be better off with more drill (2:30 hr coaching + 0:30 training). This is only a personal opinion though.

To all malay people, just out of interest, what is the name of the currency for malay cos i was looking up the yahoo finance for the currency rate.

BadFever, was the SHB 99 limited edition more expensive than the normal one in malay? Did malay have nano 9000 on sale? Did they have any Gosen shoes?

To anybody who want to check out their yonex racket is for single/double play, please check out this chart for yonex racket. Neglecting all the confusing stuff (unless you have too much time on your hands), go to the attached image right at the bottom of the page.

http://www.badmintoncentral.com/foru...ead.php?t=4389

Let's hope this week we have enough people to force the friday night session to be extended.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

hkhung, malaysia currency is called "Ringgit". I think you mistaken me for Fuji. But I can still answer your questions. You can get SHB99LE at about RM$180 (that's AUS$68). I think NS9000 is about the same price as Australia. They have Gosen shoes but I don't know the price.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default Confusing shoe model number

Quote Originally Posted by BadFever
    hkhung, malaysia currency is called "Ringgit". I think you mistaken me for Fuji. But I can still answer your questions. You can get SHB99LE at about RM$180 (that's AUS$68). I think NS9000 is about the same price as Australia. They have Gosen shoes but I don't know the price.
    Hi BadFever,
    The pair of shoes I bought is SB99 while SHB99 is a differently pair of shoes with more bells and whistles...
    Yes, you can get SB99 in KL at a stadium now for M$180.

With the YONEX racquet, you're spot on. I have asked and the NS9K is about the same price here. Might as well get it here for the warranty and peace of mind.

Cheers,
    Fuji

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default Asian Junior Badminton Championships 2006

Hi Fuji, BadFever, & yschin,

Asian Junior Badminton Championships 2006.

Sorry, in the Semi-finals, Malaysia bt China 3-1, but in the Final, South Korea bt Malaysia 3-2.

Link is; http://thestar.com.my/sports/story.a...940&sec=sports

But Malaysia has DONE WELL to get SILVER.

Cheers... chris@ccc

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Thumbs up Good to see young talent...

Hi Fuji, BadFever, & yschin,

Asian Junior Badminton Championships 2006.

Sorry, in the Semi-finals, Malaysia bt China 3-1, but in the Final, South Korea bt Malaysia 3-2.

Link is; http://thestar.com.my/sports/story.a...940&sec=sports

But Malaysia has DONE WELL to get SILVER.

Cheers... chris@ccc
    Hi Chris,

Thanks for the update. I also read this news from somewhere in this forum. Good news for badminton that young talents are coming thru... Hope that more people will take on this sport. Soon it will be as popular as tennis here. I can only wish...

Even better news as these youngsters are from Malaysia...

Cheers,
    Fuji

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default Friday night, 7-Jul-2006, is our CCC Session #12, CONGRATULATIONS!!!

Hi everyone@ccc,

Friday night, 7-Jul-2006, is our CCC Session #12, CONGRATULATIONS!!!

We will still welcome friends of yours or anyone new to join us in this session.

To Date: Out of the 73 players who have attended CCC, 23 have become Club Members.

We will again be asking players to join our CCC Club Membership, as discussed in previous posts.

Players are reminded to print your Membership Form(as I have emailed ATTACHMENT to you) and fill in your details before you attend.
    Players without printer can fill in our printed forms when you arrive.

In this session, we will be explaining how our CCC Coaching & Training(CAT) Session works.

As usual, we are going for Supper at Kingsways, Glen Waverley, after our session. May be more ideas will be suggested @SUPPERTIME. And we cannot wait to listen to Fuji's stories from his Malaysian Trip.

Cheers... chris@ccc

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default most popular screensaver in the US ???

Apparently, this is the most popular screensaver in the US.

If he gets stuck, just move him with your cursor.

http://www.planetdan.net/pics/misc/georgie.htm

Cheers... chris@ccc
    Hi everyone@ccc,

Someobody told me that she found this most popular screensaver in the US(posted in this thread as Post#87) so funny that she watches it for hours and still have a good laugh.

So I thought I will bring it back to you again. Link is http://www.planetdan.net/pics/misc/georgie.htm

Cheers... chris@ccc

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

badfever, thank you for clearing my head with the malay currency rate. If only i can find the "live" exchange rate at yahoo finance

After watching Ohm (a CCC affilate) play, I look for Gosen shoe when i was in Hong kong at last christmas. I could not find any and i end up with SHB 99 (normal version) instead. I also could not find any epislon string.

It seems the absolute latest racket from Yonex is same price everywhere around the world (except china maybe, but u'll have a hard time working out the genunie one). Same price of nano 7000 when i was in Hong kong as in Aus and 9000 wasn't out in last christmas. Even the armotec 800 offensive is only around 10-15% cheaper in Hk than in Aus.

Has any of your friend got a yonex nano 8000? Also someone in doncaster badminton club told me that from excessive play, the frame of his nano 8000 has crack in 6 months.

C u all 2 nite!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

hkhung, www.xe.com is the best place to find exchange rate.

Other than CCC members, none of my friends play badminton. That's why I stop playing baddy 2 years ago. You might want to ask around tonight if there is anyone using NS8000.

See you tonight, definitely.

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default Report for Friday, 7-Jul-2006

Hi everyone@ccc,

Another GOOD SESSION last night, 7-Jul-2006.

For those who were absent... here's a report;

>>> Attendance = 20.
    >>> New Player(s) Welcomed = 3. Ned-D, Jason-K, Anthony-R.
    >>> Player(s) joining Membership = 1. Ned-D.
    >>> Club Members Count(To Date) = 24. chris@ccc, Llewellyn-H, Julian-H, Monica-H, Bill-L, Helmut-H, Yih Sheng-C, Kee-F, Kim-F, Jason-F,
    Andrew-W, Chiranthi-M, Danny-O, Judy-N, Mike-M, JoeKinn-L, Peter-L, Kevin-C, Laurie-C, Kenneth-L,
    Ken-H, Lily-C, Tyler-M, Ned-D.
    >>> To Date: Out of the 76 players who have attended CCC, 24 have become Club Members.
    >>> Last night all 20 players took part in our CCC Handicapped Competition(Doubles).
    >>> Results To Date: The Handicaps for our CCC Members are listed below.
    The number in brackets after the name denotes how many matches he/she played last night.
    Handicaps for our Casual Visitors are recorded, but not listed here.
    -8 chris@ccc(9)
    -8 Jason-F(8)
    -6 Yih Sheng-C(8)
    -4 Kee-F(9)
    -4 Kevin-C(9)
    -4 Kim-F(9)
    -4 Laurie-C(10)
    -4 Peter-L(9)
    0 Andrew-W(absent)
    0 Bill-L(9)
    0 Monica-H(absent)
    +2 Chiranthi-M(8)
    +4 JoeKinn-L(absent)
    +4 Judy-N(7)
    +6 Llewellyn-H(7)
    +6 Mike-M(7)
    +6 Ned-D(7)
    +6 Ken-H(9)
    +8 Lily-C(7)
    +8 Tyler-M(9)
    Suggestions: Participants for our CCC Handicapped Competition are asked to do the following;
    1. Organise yourself with a Doubles Partner earlier before next Friday night. As soon as your team is submitted, your team can begin to play.
    2. Arrive earlier so that our Match Schedule can drawn out earlier for the night. We do not know in advance which Schedule/Table to follow until we know the attendance for the night.
    3. Note: When the attendance is low, Singles Competition will be played instead.

Special note: As some of the players did last night(and this is approved), i.e. when 4 players are allocated to a court for a match, these 4 players can choose to play by swapping partners. They can choose not to play under the Handicapped Competition System. It is CCC's allocated court time for these 4 players, and they can choose not to play a Handicapped Match, if they wish.

Discussions @Supper:
    Buying shuttles, shoes & rackets in Asia. But a lengthy discussion was about our CCC Handicapped Competition.

Chris said the CCC Handicapped Competition was introduced so that players get to play against all other players, regardless of skill levels.

Chris said that it is not good for players of higher skills to “muck about” when playing against players of lower skills. If they can beat them in 5 minutes they should do so, and not have their game lasting like 15 minutes(for example) by simply hitting the shuttle to-and-fro idly. Chris was not happy that we did not get to play all matches against every other team because we “mucked about”.

Last night, for 10 teams, we should have played 45 matches in order that every team get to play against every other team. But out of the 45 matches, only 38 matches were played within our session's time frame. And out of those 38 matches played, 4 matches were played twice because players were waiting for the “slow matches” to finish.

Many might not know that our Match Schedule is a “Round Robin System” with a detailed schedule/order of play.

Chris suggested that when players of higher skills are playing against players with lower skills, they should play their best shots, as normal(but without any aggression), i.e. play all good shots but leave out the smashes. Better players should demonstrate to the weaker players what good shots are. If better players play “Garden Badminton” with weaker players, because they want to be kind to the weaker players, then the weaker players will never get a chance to appreciate what good shots are.

Approximately, this is what it should be, in terms of the duration of time for a match;
    Stronger Team Vs Stronger Team = 15 minutes.
    Stronger Team Vs Weaker Team = 5 minutes.
    Weaker Team Vs Weaker Team = 15 minutes.

I always say that “If you could beat your opponent 21-0, you should beat your opponent 21-0”. But if you muck around and beat that opponent 21-19, then you are only teasing your opponent. And “If you muck around with your opponent, then you are not treating your opponent with integrity, honesty, sincerity and truthfulness”. And you have given your opponent a false sense in his/her ability.

I hope every member of CCC will understand what I am trying to say here. Let us play as honestly as we can. The exception is not to intimate weaker players with aggression.

But for players who cannot play well without aggression( i.e.without the smashes), may these players please explain this to your weaker opponents first before the match, just to warn them that it is the only skill that you have. I bet your opponent will understand and be ready to protect their faces/bodies against your smashes. May be they might forfeit their match and give you a “WALK-OVER”. But I am sure that if you are better skilled, you can use other shots other than only aggressive shots to beat your weaker opponents.

However, Peter suggested another possible different system. Peter said to give him 2 weeks to come out with a new MAGNETIC BOARD for his new system. We all agreed to give it a try when Peter is ready.

Kevin suggested that he could ask around @BADMINTON CENTRAL how other systems can be played between weaker and stronger players.

Cheers... chris@ccc

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default Good long update...

Hi everyone@ccc,

Another GOOD SESSION last night, 7-Jul-2006.
    Cheers... chris@ccc
    Hi Chris,
    Thanks for the comprehensive update...
    Last night's games were interesting as it was my first time with the handicapped system... Had a few good long-rallied games and a few 'social' games. Overall, not bad la... I also enjoyed the supper and the discussion we had. Friendly, funny and informative.

Unfortunately, the Yonex shuttles (good flight) do not last as long as I have anticipated. Initially, the feather breaks easily, however after that it is still ok and useable. Approx. 1 shuttle per game. I still prefer the Ashaway.

I am doing my part by spreading the badminton gospel and soon (hopefully), some of my friends and my hairdresser might even join us at the Friday's games...
    I know, my hairdresser, don't laugh...

Please keep us updated with the proposed Wed night coaching/training session.

Thanks again.

Cheers,
    Fuji
    Last edited by Fuji_; 07-07-2006 at 11:29 PM. Reason: Correct mistake

Page 17 of 33 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 ... LastLast