User Tag List

Page 21 of 33 FirstFirst ... 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

hkhung : What is DAP? Download Accelerator Plus

Robbo77 : Sorry to hear you having difficulty finding mixed double partner. Maybe you should check with Chris if he can find you a partner. Wow, are you playing in the A grade men single? cool. Tell me which day you play and I will come to visit you. I like to watch live badminton tounament these days.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Darn Aggressive Player - hahaha!

No I am not A grade level unfortunately. I was just surprised that Kilsyth did not have many events in A grade. I got runner up in B grade singles

If you want to watch some good players, the Victorian Open is on July 28-30. It is held at MSAC at Albert Park. I will probably be playing C grd on Saturday and B grade on Sunday...

Quote Originally Posted by BadFever
    hkhung : What is DAP? Download Accelerator Plus

Robbo77 : Sorry to hear you having difficulty finding mixed double partner. Maybe you should check with Chris if he can find you a partner. Wow, are you playing in the A grade men single? cool. Tell me which day you play and I will come to visit you. I like to watch live badminton tounament these days.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

BadFever, DAP (is that the right spelling. Chris) is type of shot that is

- 100% power
    - taken at 10 o'clock (which is very low)
    - the shot goes horizontal instead of downwards

for reference, drive is the same shot but taken sideways instead of in front of you.

If done in close range at full power, there certainly is nothing to "download" but hit in the face. And this shot is only good for close range, executed at mid range would certainly be "very aggresive" to your partner as the shot would be intercepted easily or be cannon fodder to be smashed like a bad quality low service.

For more info, you would have to see chris in his coaching session.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

hkhung : sorry bro, I am a keen badminton player but when it comes to technical terms, I am worse than a beginner. But I do believe that you should learn the proper shot executions in order to improve. You are on the right track, learning the proper way from Chris. Currently, at my age, I am only interested to be able to hit the shuttle over the net and sweat.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default It's the Shot of DAB, not DAP

Quote Originally Posted by hkhung
    BadFever, DAP (is that the right spelling. Chris) is type of shot that is

- 100% power
    - taken at 10 o'clock (which is very low)
    - the shot goes horizontal instead of downwards

for reference, drive is the same shot but taken sideways instead of in front of you.

If done in close range at full power, there certainly is nothing to "download" but hit in the face. And this shot is only good for close range, executed at mid range would certainly be "very aggresive" to your partner as the shot would be intercepted easily or be cannon fodder to be smashed like a bad quality low service.

For more info, you would have to see chris in his coaching session.
    Hi hkhung and everyone@ccc,

In Chapter 7 of CATS 20-Chapter Program, trainees are taught the DAB SHOT. It is a shot mainly used in Level Doubles and Mixed Doubles Matches.

The 20-Chapter Program for CATS is in POST#7 of CATS' link; http://www.badmintoncentral.com/foru...ad.php?t=34473

You will also read that there will be SOCIAL BADMINTON on Wednesday night as well.

Cheers... chris@ccc

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default Friday night, 14-Jul-2006, is our CCC Session#13, CONGRATULATIONS!!!

Hi everyone@ccc,

Friday night, 14-Jul-2006, is our CCC Session#13, CONGRATULATIONS!!!

We will still welcome friends of yours or anyone new to join us in this session.

To Date: Out of the 76 players who have attended CCC, 24 have become Club Members.

We will again be asking players to join our CCC Club Membership, as discussed in previous posts.

Players are reminded to print your Membership Form(as I have emailed ATTACHMENT to you) and fill in your details before you attend.
    Players without printer can fill in our printed forms when you arrive.

Participants for our CCC Handicapped Competition are asked to;
    1. Organise yourself with a Doubles Partner earlier before the night.
    2. Arrive earlier so that a Match Schedule can drawn out for the night.
    3. Note: When the attendance is low, Singles Competition will be played instead.

In this session, we will explain how our Wednesday (CATS & Social Badminton) Session will work together.
    You can also read about it via the link for CATS = http://www.badmintoncentral.com/foru...ad.php?t=34473

As usual, I will be out coaching on Friday and I won't be replying mails.

Don't forget: We are going for Supper at Kingsways, Glen Waverley, after our session. May be more ideas will be suggested @SUPPERTIME. And we cannot wait to know how DoublesPlease is working on his MAGNETIC BOARD.

Cheers... chris@ccc

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default Report for Friday, 14-Jul-2006

Hi everyone@ccc,

Another GOOD SESSION last night, 14-Jul-2006.

For those who were absent... here's a report for the night;

>>> Attendance = 24.
    >>> New Player(s) Welcomed = 3. William-C, Lisa-C, Jason-C2.
    >>> Player(s) joining Membership = 0.
    >>> To Date: Out of the 79 players who have attended CCC, 24 have become Club Members.
    >>> All 24 players took part in our CCC Handicapped Competition(Doubles).
    >>> Results To Date: The Handicaps for our 24 CCC Members are listed below.
    Handicaps for our Casual Visitors are recorded, but not listed here.
    -8 chris@ccc
    -8 Jason-F
    -8 Kevin-C
    -8 Kim-F
    -6 Yih Sheng-C
    -4 Andrew-W
    -2 Laurie-C
    0 Chiranthi-M
    0 Julian-H(has not commenced)
    0 Kee-F
    0 Kenneth-L(has not commenced)
    0 Monica-H
    0 Peter-L
    +4 Bill-L
    +4 Helmut-H
    +4 JoeKinn-L
    +4 Judy-N
    +4 Llewellyn-H
    +6 Ken-H
    +6 Mike-M
    +8 Danny-O
    +8 Lily-C
    +8 Ned-D
    +8 Tyler-M
    Suggestions: Participants for our CCC Handicapped Competition are asked to do the following;
    1. Organise yourself with a Doubles Partner earlier before next Friday night. As soon as your team is submitted, your team can begin to play.
    2. Arrive earlier so that our Match Schedule can drawn out earlier for the night. We do not know in advance which Schedule/Table to follow until we know the attendance for the night.
    3. Note: When the attendance is low, Singles Competition will be played instead.

Special Note: This is approved, i.e. when 4 players are allocated to a court for a match, these 4 players can choose to play by swapping partners. They can choose not to play under the Handicapped Competition System. It is CCC's allocated court time for these 4 players, and they can choose not to play a Handicapped Match, if they wish.

Last night, with 12 teams, we played 50 matches, compared to 38 the previous week. So CONGRATULATIONS for trying to make the CCC Handicapped Competition more efficient. Remember that our Match Schedule is a Round Robin System with a detailed schedule/order of play.

Suppertime: We had 3 new suppertime members attending, namely William-C, Michael-T, LilyC(at last!!!).

Discussions @Supper:
    Different racket grips(forehand/backhand/frypan), advantage of buying rackets with smaller grip size, descibing a Dab Shot.
    How much LilyC and Chiranthi have improved.
    How good a combination Tim & Marissa was.
    Kevin & Kim is now our best doubles combination.
    Suggestion that our CATS on Wednesday to be from 7:30pm to 10:00pm, instead of 8:00pm to 10:30pm.
    Wonder how Peter-L's preparation of his MAGNETIC BOARD is going. Will it be ready next Friday?

Cheers... chris@ccc

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Thumbs up Well Done!

Hi everyone@CCC!

1) Friday night was GREAT!!! The "Round Robin System" was excellent!!! It was our second session with the Handicapped system - i think everyone's more familiar with it now, therefore less time was wasted on sorting out who should go next and etc.... that's probably the reason why we managed to play 50 matches!!! WELL DONE!!!

2) Heard from Chiranthi on Friday night that she has finally joined badmintoncentral!!! Welcome Chiranthi!!!

3) At suppertime (yes... at last), new tips on badminton were helpful and also I'm more certain now that my racquet is in a "dodgy" shape after consulting the more experienced players. They suggested that it's probably "deformed" - didn't think I'm that powerful! muahaha... apparently, it's to do with the way how the racquet was stringed as well as the age of the racquet? I'm taking "her" for a diagnosis tomorrow and I'll show it to you guys in our next Friday session.

Cheers... LilyC

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default Has Chiranthi joined BadmintonCentral Forum???

Quote Originally Posted by LilyC
    Heard from Chiranthi on Friday night that she has finally joined badmintoncentral!!! Welcome Chiranthi!!!
    Hi Chiranthi,

If you have joined BadmintonCentral, then send us a confirmation post.

Cheers...chris@ccc

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Chiranthi : Welcome to BC forum. If you have any suggestions or complaints, feel free to post it here. I didn't have a chance to play you and hkhung last Friday. Hopefully, next week, we get to play each other. Me and Kim will make sure you and your partner run twice as much as Chris and LilyC.

LilyC : Looks like Chris's coaching is doing you great. You improve very quickly. I have to be more careful when playing you and Chris next week. This week game is too close. Got my heart pounding very fast in the last 6 points. Maybe you lost because of your 'dodgy' racket. So, it's time to consider buying a new racket.

Looking forward to playing DoublesPlease's system next Friday, if it's ready. DoublesPlease, if you need any help, feel free to post here. Six days to go and counting.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

BadFever, after our supper, I knew that someone is going to start the count down for DoublesPlease's upcoming friday.

Anyway, let's hope everybody would be on time (especially new player or people who do not join this forum) for DoublesPlease's grand opening on friday!

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Hi Chiranthi!

Leave us a message when you visit badmintoncentral!!!

Cheers... LilyC
    Last edited by LilyC; 07-16-2006 at 01:32 AM.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Hi everyone@CCC!

Looks like everyone's all excited about DoublePlease's "grand opening" this upcoming Friday. Hope you are in a good progress! Just don't feel stressed, coz you still have a few days till Friday arrives.

To Chiranthi & hkhung: Gotta watch out for Badfever and his partner next Friday!!! He's got his eyes on you guys!!! "Me and Kim will make sure you and your partner run twice as much as Chris and LilyC" - see the statement here? ho ho ho... good luck guys!!!

To badfever: Thanks!!! I'm glad that i'm improving, just gotta keep it up and improve more more more!!! <Special thanks to Chris@CCC here!> The reason why I lost it's nothing to do with my racquet. Techniques are much more important here coz I found that I was a bit lost sometimes as to how to respond and then I panicked. I made a few errors that I shouldn't have... that's why I got shot by Chris@CCC's "racquet gun" that night a few times... haha. but it was great fun on Friday night!!! *funny*

Keep the passions alive, guys!!!

Cheers...LilyC

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default Hey DoublesPlease, how is the MAGNETIC BOARD coming along anyway?

Hi DoublesPlease,

As you read from many of our postings, many of us are getting really anxious about your MAGNETIC BOARD.

How is it coming along anyway?

Cheers...chris@ccc

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default Is the new Wednesday CATS session time OK for Chiranthi?

Hi Chiranthi,

This is URGENT!!!

For your coaching, you must read ASAP about our Wednesday's Coaching And Training Session (CATS) thread.

Urgently, you must read Posts#12 & #14 of the thread.
    Here is the link
    http://www.badmintoncentral.com/foru...ad.php?t=34473
    We are asking everyone. Is the new Wednesday CATS session time(7:30pm to 10:00pm) OK for you?

Cheers...chris@ccc

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

halo chris, this is sinyu...i really enjoyed playing doubles with u today..really a good match..actually i m very interested to join u guys in glen waverley, but unfortunately is too far from the city. is there any players there living in the city ?

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default Lifts for Sinyu from City to Glen Waverley CCC Badminton

Quote Originally Posted by Loyd21
    halo chris, this is sinyu...i really enjoyed playing doubles with u today..really a good match..actually i m very interested to join u guys in glen waverley, but unfortunately is too far from the city. is there any players there living in the city ?
    Hi Sinyu,

Yes, it was a good match against Robert & Matthew. They will probably want a return match when we are back in MSAC in 2 weeks' time.

Regarding getting a lift to Glen Waverley, I can do that for you on Wednesdays, picking you up at 6:30pm.

On Fridays, I have coaching at Glen Waverley from 3:30pm to 5:30pm and I will remain there till 7:30pm to open up the gym for our CCC session. Unless you want to be picked up at 2:30pm to go there with me.

But I will ask other players, if anyone can give you a lift. Tell me in which surburb do you live?

Matthew works near the city, so he might be able to give you a lift. But this is only if I can get him to play at Glen Waverley with us. He usually works back late. And he has played there only once.

Cheers...chris@ccc

Page 21 of 33 FirstFirst ... 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 LastLast