User Tag List

Page 4 of 33 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 ... LastLast
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by chris@ccc
    Hi Everyone,

Just trying to help a good friend of mine.

His name is Peter Furness. His email address is peter.furness@optushome.com.au

He is wanting to buy a Yonex "Ti3 (Titanium Mesh) Light" racket, an older Yonex racket model. He is willing to buy a new or used one.

If anyone has one to sell or know where he could buy one from, please contact him.

Cheers... chris@ccc
    Thank you Jason-F,

Hope that Peter-F will read his email soon... as he has told me, he reads his email, may be, weekly. But if he does not respond soon, let me know, I have his phone number.

Also, I will send you more info about our CCC Badminton @Glen Waverley Fridays 8:00pm-10:30pm ASAP.

Cheers... chris@ccc

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Thank you Alex Wong,

Re: Enquiry about CCC Badminton Group Coaching.

You are most welcomed to join us.

CCC Badminton Group Coaching on Sunday @MSAC, 10:00am to 12:00noon is on court number 1, 2 and 4.

Also, I will send you more info about CCC Social Games and Badminton Central.

Cheers... chris@ccc

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by LilyC
    Hi Chris@CCC & everybody else:

Another good session tonight!!!
    Very happy to see more people turned up and had more girls~ yah~

Chris, just checked the results - Malaysia lost
    and again... some scores were quite close though.
    but good work la~
    Congrats to China and Netherland! ^__^

Okiez.. i gotta get ready for work tomorrow!

Cheers.
    Hi LilyC,

It's not good... because it's Thomas Cup Final today but I have to be at coaching, morning and afternoon.

If you members want to know which team CCC is supporting in the Final...

Of course, CCC is for China, China, China.

Cheers... chris@ccc

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Hi LilyC,

It's not good... because it's Thomas Cup Final today but I have to be at coaching, morning and afternoon.

If you members want to know which team CCC is supporting in the Final...

Of course, CCC is for China, China, China.

Cheers... chris@ccc

Congratulations to China... winning the Thomas Cup today.

While I was driving home from my coaching class, around 5:00pm, I received sms about the final results, as soon as it finished.

Thank you for sending me the sms... I WAS thinking about it as I was driving home.

So, as soon as I got home, I went straight to http://www.badmintoncentral.com/foru...ad.php?t=32709
    to find out how China did it.

Yes Thomas/Uber Cups 2006 are completed now. I think the most exciting match was between MALAYSIA and DENMARK.

We'll have to wait another 2 years for this kind of excitement again.

Again... thank you for your sms.

CCC = China, China, China.

See you on Friday night.

Cheers... chris@ccc

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Hi Everyone,

During our playing session, I feel that it is not good for me to interrupt your game every time I wish to tell you members something.

Unfortunately, not all of you come to supper after the Social, otherwise, that would be the best time to inform & discuss matters.

I think the best way for me to inform you of matters is via email or via Badminton Central.

So please give your email address to Llewellyn next Friday.

Our CCC Badminton Session is meant to be a regular session, but you never know... the owner of the venue might suddenly cancel one session because of some unforeseen circumstances.

For those who do not have the use of a computer, I will need to ring you(but this can be very time consuming and expensive).

Anyway, I am getting more people wishing to attend our session. Looks like in the very near future, if we continue to grow with more players, we will need to contribute less... perhaps $8 each instead of the $10. But we will wait and see... we will give it another couple of weeks before we go down to the $8 session.

Actually I have another plan. A plan that we can go down to $7.30 each. I will tell you more, after further considerations.

Cheers... chris@ccc

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Hey Chris@CCC,
    No problem at all~
    Cheers. ^.^

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Loh
    Hi Kevin, I see you're really starting again. I'm sure you'll all enjoy yourselves.

Congratulations Chris for taking the initiative. May your group grow bigger and stronger!

With best wishes from Singapore. BTW, don't forget to post some pics in due course.

Hi Loh & FEND.,

Both BadFever & Kim played with us last Friday, 5-May-2006. They actually partnered each other to play against us.

Unfortunately, I am still waiting for a member who could bring a camera to shoot some photos to be posted to you two.

Our membership is now reaching 20. Wish that you two were playing with us too.

Cheers... chris@ccc

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Hi Chris,

How nice of you to keep us informed about our two good friends, especially Kim, whom I've been thinking about from time to time. Well since Kim is able to join you folks, he should be in good condition. I don't suppose Kim changed to his shorts as the weather may be turning colder than a month ago. On the other hand, I don't know whether FEND has started training again or he is still too busy making money.

Do post us some pics at your earliest convenience. Meanwhile, I have to stop playing for a week now because I hurt my right elbow and right ankle during a fall. I should be playing again in a week.

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Greetings,

Just to inform you guys... that I have posted into Melbourne, Australia.

Below is the content of the post.

Looks like we are getting more players to play with us, as I have more enquiries in the last few days. And looks like our session's fees will be reduced in another 2 or 3 weeks' time. But note my comment on concession players.

Cheers... chris@ccc
    ========================================

Hello Melbourne, Australia,

We have set up a Social Club (CCC Badminton) now playing every Friday, 8:00pm-10:30pm @Glen Waverley.

CCC Badminton (Coaching Club) started @MSAC, Albert Park in April, 2003, and we are still there every Sunday. More information is located at http://www.cccbadminton.com/

CCC Badminton (Social Club) started @Box Hill in August, 2003, but we have now moved to Glen Waverley as described in the first paragraph above. More information is located at http://www.badmintoncentral.com/foru...ad.php?t=32267

As you read about our Social Club @Glen Waverley, there are a 3 things for me to mention (this is because our club responds to the wishes of our members as we develop);

1. Although we wanted to have lower and medium skilled players at the start, more higher skilled players are attending. Therefore, expect to play harder when you attend.
    2. Although we wanted to have 16 players at the start, more players are attending. Therefore, expect our charges of $10 to be reduced in the next few weeks, probably to $7 or $8 per player. But please wait and see in another 2 or 3 weeks' time.
    3. Although we have already reduced our charges to $5 for non-income players, eg full-time students, the unemployed, any concession card holders,... again,expect some changes regarding concessions. Why??? Because we do not want our CCC @Glen Waverley to turn into a Students' Club, as I have been informed that Glen Waverley's student population is very high. Again, please wait and see in another 2 or 3 weeks' time.

With the 2 links above, you should be a to get in touch with me.

Cheers... chris@ccc

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Greetings,

I have just been informed about the Ballarat Eureka International and Graded Tournament. It will be held in Ballarat, Victoria, on 2, 3 and 4, June 2006.

Anyone interested, please let me know. Entries will close on this Friday, 12-May-2006.

Cheers... chris@ccc

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default Funny pics of Chinese National Team

Hi Guys,

You guys see these pics of the Chinese National Team? I thought they were so funny... they are located at http://www.badmintoncentral.com/foru...ad.php?t=32896

Cheers... chris@ccc

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default Anyone to play doubles in Ballarat?

Anyone interested, please let me know. Entries will close on this Friday, 12-May-2006.

Cheers... chris@ccc

Hi Chris, have you got expressed interest from anyone in the club? I am interested in playing doubles 'C' but the time might be too short of a notice to get another partner.

Below is the info found on the Ballarat application form :-

10. All events in all grades will be completed on Saturday 3rd June 2006, and play will commence unless otherwise notified Saturday - 9.00 a.m.

11. Order of play for all Grades will be mixed doubles, singles and doubles.

The form states that entries close on 17/5/06.

Have to be at Ballarat Ken Kay Stadium by 8:45am.
    Maybe next time at a place closer to home...?

Thanks,
    Kee

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default Ballarat Tournament 2006

Hi Fuji,

So, there are 2 points here;

1. The info that I've got must be for THE OPEN(International) TOURNAMENT, where the entries will close this Friday, 12-May-2006.
    2. The info that you've got must be for THE GRADED TOURNAMENT, where the entries will close next Wednesday, 17-May-2006.

This is better news, because
    (a) We think none of us are in shape to play at International Level at the moment,
    (b) We now are allowed time to talk about our entries for the GRADED TOURNAMENT during our session this Friday night.

I have not got expressed interest from anyone in the club yet. You are the only one interested. May be the others are too busy and they do not have time to visit our info at Badminton Central.

Could you print out the application form for the GRADED TOURNAMENT and bring it to our session on Friday? You never know... you could find your partner as required.

BTW, my website(CCCBADMINTON.COM) has got some problem, therefore anyone trying to email me with this address chris@cccbadminton.com might not get me.

The solution is to email me with this address cccbadminton@gmail.com or to post your mail here at Badminton Central, as I read Badminton Central regularly when I am not on court coaching.

Cheers... chris@ccc

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Could you print out the application form for the GRADED TOURNAMENT and bring it to our session on Friday? You never know... you could find your partner as required.

It's such a coincidence that you mentioned about the form. I have already printed a copy and will bring it with me Friday night.

Thanks,
    Kee

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default Teaching you guys the 21 rally-point scoring system

Hi CCC players,

Just 3 days ago, IBF released this news;

========================
    IBF NEWS

Annual General Meeting

8 May 2006

The IBF held its Annual General Meeting in Tokyo on 6 May 2006. The meeting was held in conjunction with the Yonex Thomas Uber Cup Japan 2006

Of the many points of discussion on the main agenda, the President of the IBF Dr. Jang Young Joong confirmed that all effort will be made to promote the sport of badminton and the goal of the IBF is for badminton to become the world’s No.1 racquet sport by the year 2013.

The AGM also reached a unanimous decision to permanently implement the new 21 rally-point scoring system.

Since May last year, many member nations have been experimenting with this new scoring system and have submitted positive reports. With this unanimous decision, it will now be played in all IBF World Ranking tournaments including the Beijing 2008 Olympics.

We are happy that we have the 100 percent support of all the member nations to adopt this new scoring system. There were only requests that this should not be a short term measure and the Council will definitely respect the wishes of its members,” said Punch Gunalan, IBF Deputy President.

The 21 rally point scoring system has been reported as having many advantages to players as well as to the fans and media, making it a desirable scoring system for the promotion of the sport.

When played according to the 21 rally point system, the duration of the game becomes more predictable and this is an advantage to the media especially television media as live telecast matches are easier to schedule. So far, airtime sales have risen considerably since this new scoring system has been used,” said Gunalan.

Sponsors are also becoming more attracted to the game while spectators are finding it exciting and easier to understand. With the old scoring system, the duration of the game was longer and physically more strenuous to most players, whereas the new rally point scoring system is less demanding and less injuries have been reported.

For more information, please contact:

Geethanjali Lakshmayya

International Badminton Federation

Batu 3 ˝ Jalan Cheras,

56000 Kuala Lumpur

Tel: +603 9283 7155

Fax: +603 9284 7155

Email: geetha@internationalbadminton.org
    ========================

We will play with this new 21 rally-point scoring system this Friday, 12-May-2006.

Because the duration of each game is now shorter, we will play the best of 2 games(changing ends after the first game) whenever we step onto the court for a match.

We hope that every match will end up with a 1:1 score.

For players who have not used this new scoring system before, please turn up at 7:45pm (if you can). I will coach you on how this system works. It is a very simple and easy to learn system.

Cheers... chris@ccc

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default chris@ccc out coaching every Friday

Hi Everyone,

Looks like we could get 20 players for our 4 courts tonight, if everyone from last Friday are coming again. We will still welcome friends of yours or anyone new to join us.

Like every Friday, I will be out coaching the whole day, so if you want to contact me, please ring my mobile phone 0419-542-037.

As usual, we are going for supper at Kingsway, Glen Waverley, after our games.

Cheers... chris@ccc

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default CCC @Glen Waverley Friday 12-May-2006 Report

Hi CCC Members,

Another GOOD SESSION @CCC Glen Waverley Friday last night, 12-May-2006.

For those who were absent... here's a report;

1. All members were taught how to play with the new 21 rally-point scoring system. The match we now play is a best of 2 games(changing ends after the first game).
    2. All matches will now be organised on a whiteboard.
    3. Number of ladies attended = 6.
    4. Number of men attended = 13
    5. New Players Welcomed = Steven-K, Jason-C, Jason-F, Evelyn, Matthew, Tyler.
    6. We talked about CCC Club Membership and about reducing your payment to $5 per session for members.
    7. CCC Members were asked to register with Badminton Central's Forum, so that our Club's communication will be posted there.
    8. Kee's request for a partner to enter the Ballarat Tournament.
    9. Steve-L brought samples of Yang Yang rackets for sale.

Cheers... chris@ccc

Page 4 of 33 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 ... LastLast