User Tag List

Page 5 of 33 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 ... LastLast
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Hi Chris@CCC and everyone!!!

Sorry that I couldn't be there last night...
    but I can imagine how much fun you all had - coz that's what we are like normally!!!

I will be re-joining you guys after my exams.
    Gonna miss you all... well, i might suddenly decided to go whenever i can't stand just sitting here and read notes for my exam preparation... coz I know my hands are gonna get "itchy"... hehe...

Man.. I missed out on the teaching session on the new scoring rule???
    Just started to get used to the scoring system that we are using right now... >< haha....

Chris... could you please explain to me next time when I turn up??? Meanwhile, I will do some research on the new scoring system so that you will have less explaining to do, or else I feel guilty. thank you!!!

Also, it's great to know that more people are joining us!!!
    Hope to see you all soon~~~

Cheers.

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default Good Luck to LilyC for her exams

Hi LilyC,

Do not use your precious exam preparation time to research the new scoring system. When you return, I will teach you. Don't waste 50 minutes to reseach & to learn it(and also get it wrong), when I can teach you in 5 minutes(and get it right).

As a coach, I always say to my students that... the time taken for them to learn a correct/new method is considerably much shorter than the time for them to unlearn a wrong/old method that they've learned.

WE all @CCC wish you all the BEST OF LUCK for your exams.

Cheers... chris@ccc

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default Thank you!!!

Hey Chris@CCC,

Thank you!!! ^.^
    And for everyone@CCC, keep up your passion for badminton!
    haha....

Cheers.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Hi Chirs, instead of lowering the fees to $5, maybe we can use the additional money to get some Yonex shuttlecocks for games. Don't misunderstand, the shuttles that we are using are fine. Just want to try out new stuffs.

Just a suggestion.

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by BadFever
    Hi Chirs, instead of lowering the fees to $5, maybe we can use the additional money to get some Yonex shuttlecocks for games. Don't misunderstand, the shuttles that we are using are fine. Just want to try out new stuffs.

Just a suggestion.
    Hi BadFever,

Thank you for your suggestion.

I will bring 2 different types of shuttles this Friday, 19-May-2006. They are Yang Yang and Yonex.

Tell you what... the Yonex is so expensive. Anyone know where to buy Yonex shuttles at cheaper price, please let me know.

Cheers... chris@ccc

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Hi, for those of us that needs a bit of bedtime reading about the new 21-point scoring system, the link is

http://www.badminton.org.au/fileadmi...1_Feb_2006.pdf

Cheers,
    Kee

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default The new rally-point scoring system

Hi Fuji,

Thank you for your info. The diagrams shown in location http://www.badminton.org.au/fileadmi...1_Feb_2006.pdf
    are so much better than the ones I drew on our whiteboard last Friday night.

Anyway, I think most of us found the new scoring system to be fun, especially when we ended with a 1:1 score.

As we discussed during supper, the hardest thing in the new scoring system(for Doubles Games) is to know which service court(Right or Left) players should stand for the start of the next rally.

In order to know where players should stand at the start of the next rally, we have to remember who served and who received in the previous rally. Alternately, we can choose to remember who stood in which service court(Right or Left) in the previous rally.

The beauty of this new system is that whenever we have a “Service Over”, the partner of the previous server is now to serve. It does not allow a “Good Server” to be selected to serve all the time.

But note: Whenever we have a “Service Over”, it does not mean that the partner of the previous receiver is to receive. It depends on the current score.

Confused??? Well, the best way to learn the new scoring system is to get to know it by playing it.

That's why I told LilyC not to try to learn it by herself, without my guidance. It might take her long, long hours before she is confident with it.

As Peter put it(at supper time), tag yourself before a rally begins, whether you are a Right or Left service court player for that rally.

As for those who missed out on my explanation of the new scoring system last Friday, please come at 7:45pm this Friday. I will go over the new scoring system with you before the start of our games session at 8:00pm.

Cheers... chris@ccc

Last edited by chris-ccc; 05-15-2006 at 09:02 PM.

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Fuji_
    Hi Chris, have you got expressed interest from anyone in the club? I am interested in playing doubles 'C' but the time might be too short of a notice to get another partner.

Below is the info found on the Ballarat application form :-

10. All events in all grades will be completed on Saturday 3rd June 2006, and play will commence unless otherwise notified Saturday - 9.00 a.m.

11. Order of play for all Grades will be mixed doubles, singles and doubles.

The form states that entries close on 17/5/06.

Have to be at Ballarat Ken Kay Stadium by 8:45am.
    Maybe next time at a place closer to home...?

Thanks,
    Kee
    Hey Fuji,

The BALLARAT GRADED TOURNAMENT entries will close tomorrow Wednesday, 17-May-2006.

Hope you have a partner for it.

Cheers... chris@ccc

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default Posted today, 16-May-2006, on thread "Melbourne, Australia"

Hi Guys,

Below is what is posted today, 16-May-2006, on thread "Melbourne, Australia".

================================================== =======
    Hi Melbourne, Australia,

CCC Badminton Club @Glen Waverley Fridays is growing faster than we expected. It is located at http://www.badmintoncentral.com/foru...7&goto=newpost

Just last Friday, 12-May-2006, we expected 20 players and we had 19 players. This Friday, 19-May-2006, we are expecting 26 players, but we will wait and see how many will turn up.

Soon, we will be asking players to apply for our CCC Club Membership. We intend to start our Club Membership in June.

We will close our application for membership when we reach the quota of 32 players. This is because we have only 4 courts at our venue.

More discussions will be held this coming Friday, 19-May-2006.

To find more info about us, visit http://www.badmintoncentral.com/foru...7&goto=newpost

Cheers... chris@ccc
    ================================================== =======

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Frankly our group is not quite into the new 21-rally point scoring system yet, but with its recent official adoption, I guess we'll embrace it very soon, otherwise we'll be out of touch.

We did try out once a while but we need more time to really feel it's second nature like we do the 15-point system.

For singles, I suppose not much has changed except that every rally is a point for or against you. Your court position remains the same for even and odd scores.

However, it is a little confusing for doubles as we are still stuck with the "old" 15-point system mentality. As emphasized previously, we need to know on which side of the court, left or right, are your partner and you standing at the very start of the game and if possible, when your team scored a point. Naturally, with every point scored, you will need to change court with your partner. But more importantly, when you were the last to serve, the next serve, when your team wins the point and service, should belong to your partner and not you again. This is a form of check whether you are standing and serving at the right place.

I need to persuade my group to start this new system as early as possible to get thoroughly acclimatized.

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default The 21 rally-point scoring system

Quote Originally Posted by Loh

For singles, I suppose not much has changed except that every rally is a point for or against you. Your court position remains the same for even and odd scores.

However, it is a little confusing for doubles......
    Hey Loh,

The info provided by Fuji, located at http://www.badminton.org.au/fileadmi...1_Feb_2006.pdf
    is actually very good. If you follow the diagram/chart, you will follow how it is done. As they say “A picture tells a thousand words”.

As you play with the new scoring system, you will find out what I meant when I said “In order to know where players should stand at the start of the next rally, we have to remember who served and who received in the previous rally. Alternately, we can choose to remember who stood in which service court(Right or Left) in the previous rally.“

Then I stated the following 2 paragraphs:
    The beauty of this new system is that whenever we have a “Service Over”, the partner of the previous server is now to serve. It does not allow a “Good Server” to be selected to serve all the time.”

But note: Whenever we have a “Service Over”, it does not mean that the partner of the previous receiver is to receive. It depends on the current score.”

The 2 paragraphs are true because of this rule(implied in the diagram/chart), namely, YOU AND YOUR PARTNER ONLY CHANGE YOUR RESPECTIVE SERVICE COURTS WHEN YOU WIN A POINT/RALLY ORIGINATED FROM YOUR SERVICE.

IF YOU WIN A POINT/RALLY ORIGINATED FROM YOUR OPPONENTS' SERVICE, YOU AND YOUR PARTNER DO NOT CHANGE YOUR RESPECTIVE SERVICE COURTS.

Below is the example of this pargraph; “But note: Whenever we have a “Service Over”, it does not mean that the partner of the previous receiver is to receive. It depends on the current score.

Refer to the diagram/chart;
    When the score is at AB 2:1 CD, you see that B is serving and C is receiving. Then it is “Service Over” when the score gets to CD 2:2 AB. CD wins the next rally and the score gets to CD 3:2 AB. Both the services were performed by C. Then it is “Service Over” again, when the score gets to AB 3:3 CD. Of course, A is to serve now because B did it the previous time. But note that C is receiving again, even though the C received the previous time. This is because CD changed their respective courts once, when they won 1 point originated from their service.

Personally, I prefer to remember who stood in which service court(Right or Left) in the previous rally.

So Loh... Good Luck to your club... chris@ccc

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default Found a partner but...

Quote Originally Posted by chris@ccc
    Hey Fuji,

The BALLARAT GRADED TOURNAMENT entries will close tomorrow Wednesday, 17-May-2006.

Hope you have a partner for it.

Cheers... chris@ccc
    Hi Chris,
    Yes, I got a partner for the Ballarat tourney. Peter called me Monday night and since then, I have been unable to contact him. Today is closing date and his phone is still engaged.
    I have left him a voicemail and SMS. Hopefully he can call me today. It will be fun if we can play at Ballarat.

No hassles, I will see you all on Friday.

Kee

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Hey Kee,

No problemo, I'll be there.

As for phone, found it dead under sox on passenger seat. CPR successful and moral is keep both feet on the pedals while driving.

Wrong thread I know but 2006 Thomas Cup torrents available at badmintontorrents.com.

Peter

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default Peter will play in Ballarat Tournament, 2006

Quote Originally Posted by Fuji_
    Hi Chris,

Peter called me Monday night and since then, I have been unable to contact him. Today is closing date and his phone is still engaged.

I have left him a voicemail and SMS. Hopefully he can call me today. It will be fun if we can play at Ballarat.

No hassles, I will see you all on Friday.

Kee
    Hi Fuji,

Just spoken to Peter. He said that he received your email and that he has replied to you to cofirm his partnership with you in your "Doubles" entry to play in the Ballarat Tournament.

Hope everything is OK now. I will see you all on Friday.

Cheers... chris@ccc

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Hi Chris, thanks for Peter's contact.

I got Peter's e-mail and YES we're playing at Ballarat. I was unable to fax the form through as it was engaged. It's a good sign, must be lots of people faxing in their forms at the last minute, just like me. Anyway, I emailed them my registration details and got a confirmation back within 30 mins. All is good.

Now, Peter and I just have to practise our doubles together as a team.

See you all on Friday. I am excited!!!

Kee

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default Ballarat tournament

Hi Kee
    What grade are you playing at Ballarat? I played last year and not many players from Melbourne attended.

You will find a lot of the junior squad at Ballarat playing in the A and B grades. I won B grd singles and B mixed there last year, but unfortunately have another thing to attend to on 3rd June and can not make it this year

For the rest of you guys thinking about competition, the next tournament is City of Melbourne down at Kilsyth on 1st July (prepare for a COLD stadium)

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default My sms was sent before your phone's CPR

Quote Originally Posted by DoublesPlease
    Hey Kee,

No problemo, I'll be there.

As for phone, found it dead under sox on passenger seat. CPR successful and moral is keep both feet on the pedals while driving.

Peter
    Hi DoublesPlease,

The sms you found at 9:00pm last night was the sms I sent to you at 4:00pm yesterday, urgently trying to find you to confirm with Kee re:Ballarat Tournament.

Now I can understand what the people mean when they say "During CPR, before they restore consciousness, everything seemed to be at a standstill".

Cheers... chris@ccc

Page 5 of 33 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 ... LastLast