User Tag List

Page 6 of 33 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 ... LastLast
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Robbo77
    Hi Kee
    What grade are you playing at Ballarat? I played last year and not many players from Melbourne attended.

You will find a lot of the junior squad at Ballarat playing in the A and B grades. I won B grd singles and B mixed there last year, but unfortunately have another thing to attend to on 3rd June and can not make it this year

For the rest of you guys thinking about competition, the next tournament is City of Melbourne down at Kilsyth on 1st July (prepare for a COLD stadium)
    Hi Robbo77,

B grade single... Not for me. Not enough stamina mate.
    I have entered 'C' grade doubles. Hopefully I can last a few rounds before being 'terminated'.

Will keep everyone here posted of draw and results later.

Cheers,
    Kee

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default most popular screensaver in the US

Apparently, this is the most popular screensaver in the US.

If he gets stuck, just move him with your cursor.

http://www.planetdan.net/pics/misc/georgie.htm

Cheers... chris@ccc

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

i wonder any social play on weeknights? except fri or sat?

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default CCC @Glen Waverley Wednesdays 7:30pm-10:00pm???

Quote Originally Posted by badcliq
    i wonder any social play on weeknights? except fri or sat?

Greetings,

1. If you are referring to just @Glen Waverley, then we have to wait a little bit longer.

Yes, I am intending to start one on Wednesday night @Glen Waverley 7:30pm-10:00pm. However, only 4 are interested at the moment. We need 10 players, each paying $10, to cover costs(for courts & shuttles) to start our Club.

Starting a Club is always very hard because I have to gather a certain number of players first. I have to spend many, many hours working on it. Of course, if we start with 5 players, you can see that players will have to contribute $20 each.

If there are anyone else interested for Wednesday nights, please respond.

2. If you are not referring to just @Glen Waverley, then visit this location
    http://www.insports.com.au/bv/
    where you can ask them when they have Clubs for Social Badminton on weeknights other than Friday.

Last edited by chris-ccc; 05-18-2006 at 05:10 AM.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Hi Chris, if you are looking for players on Wednesday night, count me in as well.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Thumbs up Can I join your Friday session yet?

Can I join your Friday session yet? if yes, I'll come this Friday (19 May).

Also, I'm interested in weekday sessions (Tue.-Thu.)

Thanks!

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by BadFever
    Hi Chirs, instead of lowering the fees to $5, maybe we can use the additional money to get some Yonex shuttlecocks for games. Don't misunderstand, the shuttles that we are using are fine. Just want to try out new stuffs.

Just a suggestion.

Hi Everyone,

Looks like we could get 24 players tonight, if everyone from last Friday are coming back again. We will still welcome friends of yours or anyone new to join us. As I have stated before, we will be closed for membership when we reach 32. But do you think we can get there?

Since we have grown bigger, we will reduce our fees for members from the start of June(which is only the 2 sessions away). This is only if our membership keeps up. Fees will go down to $5 per session for members(but if Membership Fees are included, it is really $7.30).

But I still remember BadFever's suggestion posted on 15-May-2006(as quoted above), so there might be some changes to the fees that I have just stated. I will be bringing Yonex shuttles tonight. Please tell me what you think of the shuttles.

Like every Friday, I will be out coaching the whole day, so I won't be reading any mail. If you need to contact me, please ring my mobile phone 0419-542-037.

As usual, we are going for supper at Kingsway, Glen Waverley, after our games.

Cheers... chris@ccc

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I'm thinking more of Tues & Thurs night....Wednesday normally I'm busy :S

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default Club Report: For Friday 19-May-2006

Hi CCC Members,

Another GOOD SESSION @CCC Glen Waverley Friday last night, 19-May-2006.

For those who were absent... here's a short report;

1. 6 New Players Welcomed = Brian-R, snocat, Tom-Z, aannn, Judy-N & Michael.
    2. Steve-L brought samples of Yang Yang rackets for sale.
    3. Club Membership was discussed. I will make final decision on this matter soon.

Cheers... chris@ccc

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by chris@ccc

Another GOOD SESSION @CCC Glen Waverley Friday last night, 19-May-2006.

Hi Chris... Good is an understatement... Magnificent I think would be the right word for me...

Peter and I have a very good night with all the doubles practise we had, thanks to all that came last night.

Of course, the supper was delicious too... A nice bunch of people to talk too...

Now, Friday's night is my favourite night...

See you all again real soon.

Thanks,
    Kee

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I will be bringing Yonex shuttles tonight. Please tell me what you think of the shuttles.

Hi BadFever,

I forgot to ask you what you think of the Yonex shuttles that I brought to our session last.Friday, 19-May-2006.

They are the YONEX AEROSENSA 30. They are the ones used for International Tournaments.

Tell me what you think of them. Mind you, they are very, very expensive.

Cheers... chris@ccc

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Hi Chris,

The AS30 shuttles are very durable and the feather is of very good quality ones. I think one of the shuttle lasted us 2 sets and still usable (playing double with Kee and Peter). Correct me if I am wrong but I think the AS30 actually slowdown quite a bit after a few hit. I like it but I think the price is just too expensive. Also, I don't think I can play too many games using AS30 cos we get too many long rallies due to the slow speed of the shuttle. I guess with my standard of play, AS30 is making me play like a 10 years old. Anyway, thanks for letting me try out the shuttles.

If the Yang Yang shuttles are cheaper, I would prefer using them. We (Kim, Kee, Peter and myself) used 3 shuttles for 2 sets of 21. With this, we get faster and shorter rallies. At least, our smashes look more powerful.

Cheers.

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default Best speed for shuttlecocks @ different temperatures

Hi BadFever,

I apologise for the YONEX AEROSENSA 30 that I brought along last Friday was of Speed 76(slow). That was the only Speed available in stock. And I agree... Yonex shuttles are definitely overpriced.

We talked about shuttles at supper after our games. Fuji said that shuttles can be so much cheaper in Asia(if you know the right place to buy them). May be we will share the info with our members going to Asia for holidays and get them to bring back a few tubes each time.

For those who do not know about what speed is best used at what hall temperature, I will list it here for you: Best Speed(@Temperature): 75(@30C), 76(@25C), 77(@20C), 78(@15C), 79(@10C).

We will talk more about it this Friday.
    Last edited by chris-ccc; 05-22-2006 at 08:48 AM.

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default Another rating system for shuttle speed I forgot to mention

For those who do not know about what speed is best used at what hall temperature, I will list it here for you: Best Speed(@Temperature): 75(@30C), 76(@25C), 77(@20C), 78(@15C), 79(@10C).

After sending my last post, I went on to read other threads. I found that there are other Badminton Central members who do not understand what the shuttle speed rating mean.

So I thought I will help them to understand. And also to inform CCC members, that there is another rating system in use(that I forgot to mention), other than the one that I mentioned in my previous post.

======

I just posted to my club members about this matter at http://www.badmintoncentral.com/forums/showthread.php?t=32267&goto=newpost (post #98) and I thought I will share the info with you too.

In general, the speed of a shuttlecock depends on its weight. The heavier, the farther it will fly.

The weight of a shuttle is measured in grains or in decigrams. 1 grain = .648 decigram.

So if you want faster shuttles, go for heavier shuttles. Usually, heavier shuttles are used when the air is colder/denser.

Here is my recommendation for what speed is best used at what hall temperature. I will list it here for you as the Best Speed in Grains/Decigrams(@Temperature): 75/47(@30C), 76/48(@25C), 77/49(@20C), 78/50(@15C), 79/51(@10C).

Cheers... chris@ccc

Last edited by chris-ccc; 05-22-2006 at 10:48 AM.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Fuji said that shuttles can be so much cheaper in Asia
    Hi Chris,
    I thought I was going back to M'sia in mid-June but has to cancel the trip yesterday....
    I have some Ashaway shuttles (77) and will bring them this Friday. Bought from M'sia (about AUD$13) when my brother went back 3 months ago.
    Maybe with Kevin's POWERFUL smashes, one shuttle may not last as long as 5 points...
    Hopefully, members can bring different types of shuttles and we can judge/rate them accordingly.

"Let the birds fly graciously..."

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default New Fees Structure starting from June, 2006

Since we have grown bigger, we will reduce our fees for members from the start of June(which is only the 2 sessions away). This is only if our membership keeps up. Fees will go down to $5 per session for members(but if Membership Fees are included, it is really $7.30).

Hi Everyone,

Good news on this 101st post in our Club's thread.

Because you have made CCC @Glen Waverley Fridays 8:00pm-10:30pm a success, we have decided to lower our session fees to $5 for Club members(as discussed last Friday).

Casual visitors will continue to pay $10.

The new payment structure will commence from June-2006. So, for this Friday 26-May-2006, payments will remain the same as before.

In the next couple of days, I will be sending out Membership Forms so that you can fill in the form before you turn up at our session.

Players who have not received Membership Form by this Friday, please inform me when you turn up on Friday night.

Cheers... chris@ccc

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Hi chris, sorry i haven't been attending for 2 weeks in a row. I fell ill to the flu bug and also after i recovered, i injured my little toe. I jumped and I landed on it causing a big bruise. I hope i didn't break it or dislocated the knuckle. So far the healing process is pretty good. I can't wait till this friday to see if i'll be able to play or not.... fingers crossed....

Page 6 of 33 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 ... LastLast