User Tag List

Page 8 of 33 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 ... LastLast
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default Report for Friday, 26-May-2006

Quote Originally Posted by BadFever
    Hi Fuji,

I have proven tonight that expensive racket is not necessary going to improve my smash.

Hi CCC Members,

Another GOOD SESSION @CCC Glen Waverley Friday last night, 26-May-2006.

For those who were absent... here's a short report;

1. New player(s) Welcomed = Cam Rambert.
    2. It was our last night under the Old Fees Structure.
    3. Membership Forms were given out.
    4. Current Members of CCC Badminton Club = 7, namely; Chris, Llewellyn, Julian, Monica, Bill-L, Helmut-H, Yih Sheng.
    5. One of the basketball backboards could not be raised because it had a faulty switch.
    6. Car Parking area was full because there was some event for the church.
    7. Jo3ker returned to play with a toe injury.
    8. BadFever came with a new racket, Yonex AT800 Offensive.
    9. Fuji & DoublesPlease practised hard for their Ballarat Tournament next week.
    10. Judy told us about how her diet(regarding supper) works.
    11. Jason-F joined us at supper, his first time. Welcome Jason to our Supper Club!!!

Cheers... chris@ccc

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default To Baddy123

Quote Originally Posted by Baddy123
    I would like to play badminton in Glen Waverley area but I am looking for some strong competition.

Can you pls tell me the standard and how much is the membership ?
    Hi Baddy123,

Send me a email, to chris@cccbadminton.com and I will send you 2 attachments;
    1. Address of our venue.
    2. Membership/Casual Fees.

Standard of play?: From Beginner's to Advanced(You can test it out, yourself).

Hope to hear from you soon.

Cheers... chris@ccc

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I have proven tonight that expensive racket is not necessary going to improve my smash.
    Hi BadFever,
    Didn't notice you had the new racquet. Thanks for the reply. Give it some time and I guess you will get used to it.

I thought by changing racquet maybe an easy way to improve overall game. You and I have definitely prove this is not true.
    Peter is using some Taiwanese brand racquet that I have not even heard of and he plays better than me...

Overall last night, my games were shocking. "Not in form." More practise for me...

Had some good and interesting supper talk with Chris, Peter and Jason. Chris told us some interesting badminton news / tactics. I learnt quite a fair bit.

We also talked about some doubles strategy for next week and hopefully we can get some practise before the Ballarat tourney. Kim and you can be our practise partners... If you don't mind...

Cheers,
    Kee

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default CCC Handicapped Competition will start in July

Quote Originally Posted by Fuji_
    Hi BadFever,

We also talked about some doubles strategy for next week and hopefully we can get some practise before the Ballarat tourney. Kim and you can be our practise partners... If you don't mind...

Cheers,
    Kee

Hi CCC Members,

As some of you would have known, the Commonwealth Games caused big problem/trouble for CCC while I was away coaching the Irish Team. But, things are getting better as we have moved along since then.

I thought I will let you be known how our CCC's plan is working in stages, as listed below;

1. Find players for CCC.
    This started in May. It is actually going quite well, even though it's not easy to find players. Some of you guys would have known that I have been working overtime looking for players. Last Friday, 26-May-2006, was our 6th session. And for all the 6 sessions, 44 different individual players have come through our CCC's door.

2. Find a Good & Balanced Fee Structure of CCC.
    Again, this is going quite well. You guys have agreed: $5 for members, $10 for casual vistors. This will start in June.

3. Start Handicapped Competition.
    Players with CCC for more than 2 years would know how it works. This competition will start in July, 2006. New players will be informed how it works in the next few weeks.

Hey Fuji, this is where you find yourself getting real practise, as in your quote above.

4. Start Friendly Matches with other Melbourne Clubs.
    This will probably start in August. I will be asking other clubs in Melbourne to have friendly matches with CCC.

5. Join the CBA's Inter-Club Competition.
    This will probably start in September/October... depending on CBA's schedule.

6. Start Friendly Matches with other Clubs outside Melbourne.
    Of course, I mean regional towns like Frankston, Geelong, Ballarat, etc... This will probably start in October/November.

When we reach Item No.6, I would say to myself that I have finally completed my job for you guys.

Cheers... chris@ccc

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by chris@ccc
    When we reach Item No.6, I would say to myself that I have finally completed my job for you guys.

Cheers... chris@ccc
    Hi Chris,
    I reaaaally appreciate the time and effort you've put in this club, organising the venue and spending the time to play and mentor us. Thank you.
    Considering a month ago, I didn't even know CCC existed. Now I am part of this special club.
    I am sure I will have plenty of practise in the coming weeks... Whether my body can handle it is another matter
    After about a month of rest, I think I better get back to jogging to stay fit and keeping up the stamina... Hopefully my knee does not play up this time.

Thanks again,
    Kee

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Hi Fuji,

Yeah, I definitely need some time to get use to the new racket. I have decided to move on to the new ISO rackets. No particular reason. Just wanted to play with new rackets. So, I will be retiring all my old rackets pretty soon.

I am happy to be your practice partner. Hope you and Peter can get use to each other games quickly and win the Ballarat tournament. Unfortunately, I won't be able to join you guys for supper cos I have to work the next morning. But, I will try to make it once in a while.

See you guys this coming Friday.

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default Past CCC players will always be welcomed back

Quote Originally Posted by Robbo77

Also let me know when your club has a few strong players and I will come for a visit some time. I have been playing over at Donvale (wah so much gambling!) or Keysborough on Friday nights when I have had free time.

Cheers Anthony
    As I have spoken to you on the phone, there are about 8 players(at the moment) similar to your skill level. Whether they will come every Friday, I do not know. Our CCC Friday @Glen Waverley is only 6 session-old. Attendance pattern is still very sketchy.

You have played with CCC for over 2 years, and I know your skill level very well. But whether you have made much improvement since the Commomwealth Games, I will soon find out. May be, you have improved so much that I can't recognise you anymore.

Anyway, hope to see you one Friday.

Cheers... chris@ccc

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Hi Fuji,

Unfortunately, I won't be able to join you guys for supper cos I have to work the next morning. But, I will try to make it once in a while.

See you guys this coming Friday.
    No Worries BadFever, got to earn the kodos to play this great game. Save up for the next racquet...

I am on-call every 2 alternate weeks for my job. I can understand ...

Hope to see you at the supper real soon.

See you on Friday,
    Kee

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default Philippines Open, Manila 24-28 May 2006

Hi CCC Members,

Just received the full results (All Finals) for the Philippines Open completed on Sunday 28-May-2006.

Menís Singles: Hafiz Hashim (Mas) bt Roslin Hashim (Mas) 21-19, 21-7.

Womenís Singles: Saina Nehwal (Ind) bt Julia Wong (Mas) 21-15, 22-20.

Menís Doubles: Alberto Susanto Njoto-Yohan Hadikusumo Wiratama (Hkg) bt Hendra Gunawan-Joko Riyadi (Ina) 19-21, 21-19, 21-18.

Womenís Doubles: Jo Novita-Gresya Poliic (Ina) bt Nur Sugianti Endang-Rani Mundiasti (Ina) 21-16, 21-13.

Mixed Doubles: Sudket Prapakamo-Saralee Thounbgthongkam (Tha) bt Kennevic Asuncion-Kennie Asuncion (Phi) 21-18, 21-16.

I am very happy for Sania Nehwal. I watched her played well at the Commonwealth Games just weeks ago. I told Saina and her Indonesian Coach that she will one day be a World Singles Champion. But I didn't think they believed me. Saina is only 16.

Cheers... chris@ccc

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Smile The reason why we couldn't talk = Badminton

Quote Originally Posted by dust2k

Hi Chris, finally I got to here and hope can talk to u here often, I saw you are on Gtalk but always busy or away so I didn't talk to u at all, but anyway, we can talk tomorrow night.

Cheers, Bill
    Hi dust2k,

So many nights when I do private coaching @MSAC, I see you there playing. Do you play every night?

I thought it's so funny because when we are not at the badminton hall, we couldn't find each other to talk. And when we are both at the hall, we still couldn't talk because you are playing and I am coaching.

Solution = Suppertime after our Friday Session, a time when we are both having a rest from Badminton.

Cheers... chris@ccc

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Chris...ur club seems very good and interesting...i wish i could join..but i'm busy on wed and fri nites....argh...:S

i only can followup from reading ur posts...sad sad

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Hey Chris,

someone in Singapore is getting the Yonex AS50 for S$28. Maybe should get someone to import from Singapore.

http://www.badmintoncentral.com/foru...=15401&page=35

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default Importing Yonex AS50

Hey Chris,

someone in Singapore is getting the Yonex AS50 for S$28. Maybe should get someone to import from Singapore.

http://www.badmintoncentral.com/foru...=15401&page=35
    Thank you BadFever,

We will look into it.

Of course, we will do what is best for CCC Badminton Club. And I know someone who has an import license.

Cheers... chris@ccc

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default Ballarat Grade C Men Doubles Draw released.

Hi Chris and Peter,

The draw that we're waiting for has been released.

Check http://www.ballaratbadminton.com/ for more info.

The Schedule is :-
    C Grade
    9am Mixed Doubles
    followed by Mens and Womens Singles
    followed by Mens and Womens Doubles

I think I will be there at 9am, just in case I get lost or the earlier matches finish quickly...

Should be good this Saturday. However I am still recovering from COLD and is on antibiotics at the moment ...

See you guys tomorrow night.

Cheers,
    Kee

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default Good, you guys have 5 matches to play!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Fuji_
    Hi Chris and Peter,

The draw that we're waiting for has been released.

Check http://www.ballaratbadminton.com/ for more info.

Should be good this Saturday. However I am still recovering from COLD and is on antibiotics at the moment ...

See you guys tomorrow night.

Cheers,
    Kee
    Hi Fuji,

Good news isn't it... you guys have 5 matches to play. After travelling all the the way from Melbourne to Ballarat, you guys should need to loosen up by playing more games. GOOD LUCK!!!

For your COLD, don't forget to take lots of fluid and rest.

Cheers... chris@ccc

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Hi Fuji,

just curious, how do you decide which grade to play? Anyway, all the best to you and Peter. I will try to give you guys a good warmup tomorrow.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Hi Fuji,

just curious, how do you decide which grade to play? Anyway, all the best to you and Peter. I will try to give you guys a good warmup tomorrow.
    Hi BadFever,
    I was not sure too. Peter mentioned he is in the better grade of C, so I chose C. He did not object and that was how we have decided to play at Ballarat.
    This is my first time in a C grade tournament so I am not sure of the average 'C' standard as well.
    And since C is the lowest grade, might as well start from the lowest yeh...
    Thanks for going in tomorrow and I will take it easy as I am not 100% fit... Still coughing like mad.

Thanks,
    Kee

Page 8 of 33 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 ... LastLast