User Tag List

Page 9 of 33 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 ... LastLast
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by chris@ccc
    Hi Fuji,
    For your COLD, don't forget to take lots of fluid and rest.
    Cheers... chris@ccc
    Hi Chris,
    Thanks for the advice. I am already taking plenty of rest. Have been at home since Tues. Better go to work and move my leg muscles before I lose them...

See you tomorrow. Maybe only a light warm-up session for me Friday night?

Thanks,
    Kee

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default My Sunday Plan - Badminton Final in Ballarat.

In case no one notice, there is going to be a tournament in Ballarat, Australia between Friday 2/06/2006 till Sunday 4/06/2006. I wish the orgarniser would at least leave a message in BC sonner.

There are players from Malaysia, NZ, Australia and more. I saw this in the IBF website. So, if you have no plan for this week, you might want to go there and check them out.

The entry to watch the tournament is FREE.

Tournament info:
    http://www.badminton.org.au/index.php?id=77

How to get there:
    http://www.ballaratbadminton.com/

Who's playing:
    http://www.tournamentsoftware.com/sp....aspx?id=11003

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default * Good Luck *

Hi everyone@CCC ,

How are we all? Haven't been to Friday night sessions for 2 weeks now and I hate to say that I won't be going for the following few weeks as well and definitely won't have the opportunity to see our CCC members to compete in Ballarat. However, I still wanna say a huge good luck to the competing players, Fuji & Peter.

To Fuji: Chris is right - rest and take plenty of water to prevent dehydrating yourself. If the cough is getting bad, get a cough mixture?!?! (they may taste unpleasant though...) If not, try drink some Manuka honey (UMF 25 plus) with lemon - it really works. It works for me everytime!!!

To other CCC members: watch out for the cold&flu season and enjoy playing tomorrow night!!!

Cheers.

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default Tonight is the start of our new fee structure

Quote Originally Posted by LilyC
    Hi everyone@CCC ,

How are we all? Haven't been to Friday night sessions for 2 weeks now and I hate to say that I won't be going for the following few weeks as well and definitely won't have the opportunity to see our CCC members to compete in Ballarat. However, I still wanna say a huge good luck to the competing players, Fuji & Peter.

To Fuji: Chris is right - rest and take plenty of water to prevent dehydrating yourself. If the cough is getting bad, get a cough mixture?!?! (they may taste unpleasant though...) If not, try drink some Manuka honey (UMF 25 plus) with lemon - it really works. It works for me everytime!!!

To other CCC members: watch out for the cold&flu season and enjoy playing tomorrow night!!!

Cheers.

Hi LilyC and everyone@ccc,

Tonight is the start of our new fee structure.

On arrival you will find that our Attendance Book is divided into 2 separate pages, one for Club Members and the other for Casual Visitors. Our previous 44 casual players will find their names listed in alphabetical order.

We will still welcome friends of yours or anyone new to join us tonight. We will be closed for Club Membership only when we reach 32. But do you think we can get that many?.

As at today, out of the 44 casual players, only 7 have become Club Members.

Tonight, we will again be asking players to join our CCC Club Membership, as discussed in previous posts; $5 per session for Club Members, but $10 for Casual Visitors.

Players are reminded to print your Membership Form(as I have sent ATTACHMENT to you) and fill in your details before you attend tonight. Players without printer can fill in our printed forms when you arrive.

Like every Friday, it will be a long, long day for me(18 hours to be exact) as I will be out coaching the whole day. So I won't be reading any mail. If you need to contact me, please ring my mobile phone 0419-542-037.

As usual, we are going for supper at Kingsways, Glen Waverley, after our games tonight.

And everyone@ccc should wish LilyC “BEST OF LUCK” in her exams, her first one is on Monday 12-Jun-2006.

Cheers... chris@ccc

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by LilyC
    Hi everyone@CCC ,
    If the cough is getting bad, get a cough mixture?!?! (they may taste unpleasant though...) If not, try drink some Manuka honey (UMF 25 plus) with lemon - it really works. It works for me everytime!!!
    Cheers.
    Thanks LilyC, I have tried all known remedies and they only soothe my itchy throat lightly...
    Manuka honey? I thought all honey is the same...
    I will look for this kind of honey later. Thanks.

Good luck for your exams and prepare well.

See you soon.

Kee

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default Report for Friday, 2-Jun-2006

Quote Originally Posted by Fuji_

This is my first time in a C grade tournament so I am not sure of the average 'C' standard as well.
    And since C is the lowest grade, might as well start from the lowest yeh...
    Hi everyone@ccc,

Another GOOD SESSION last night, 2-Jun-2006.

For those who were absent... here's a short report;

1. New Players Welcomed = Anthony Tran, Danny.
    2. New Fee Structure ($5 for Club Members, $10 for Visitors) commenced.
    3. Members Count (To Date) = 10, namely; Chris, Llewellyn, Julian, Monica, Bill-L, Helmut-H, Yih Sheng, Fuji, Kim Foo, Jason Farrow.
    4. Judy & Michael phoned to confirm their Membership Applications (so afraid that they will miss out).
    5. Fuji & DoublesPlease practised hard for their Ballarat Tournament (they are actually competing now as I type). We wish them Good Luck.
    6. Jo3ker's toe injury is getting better.
    7. Yih Sheng joined us at supper, his first time. Welcome Yih Sheng to our Supper Club!!!

Cheers... chris@ccc

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default Report for Friday, 2-Jun-2006(July's Handicapped Comp was discussed)

Quote Originally Posted by chris@ccc

Hi everyone@ccc,

Another GOOD SESSION last night, 2-Jun-2006.

For those who were absent... here's a short report;

1. New Players Welcomed = Anthony Tran, Danny.
    2. New Fee Structure ($5 for Club Members, $10 for Visitors) commenced.
    3. Members Count (To Date) = 10, namely; Chris, Llewellyn, Julian, Monica, Bill-L, Helmut-H, Yih Sheng, Fuji, Kim Foo, Jason Farrow.
    4. Judy & Michael phoned to confirm their Membership Applications (so afraid that they will miss out).
    5. Fuji & DoublesPlease practised hard for their Ballarat Tournament (they are actually competing now as I type). We wish them Good Luck.
    6. Jo3ker's toe injury is getting better.
    7. Yih Sheng joined us at supper, his first time. Welcome Yih Sheng to our Supper Club!!!

Cheers... chris@ccc

Hi everyone@ccc,

Sorry, I have forgotten to mention this item;

8. At suppertime, our CCC Handicapped Competition which we plan to commence in July was discussed. Under the New Scoring System, should we play with Handicapped Points ranging from +8 to -8, or from +9 to -9?

Decision must be made within the next 21 days. I need time to draw out the plan one week before the competition commences.

Players should also start looking for suitable partners for this Comp.

Cheers... chris@ccc

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Thanks guys... studying hard here.. hehe...

Glad to see from Chris's report that it was another good session last night and the CCC club is growing!!! *thumbs up*

Cheers.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default Ballarat Grade C Men Doubles results.

and the winner is ... not us!
    We're the runner-up. Got a digital watch each.

We played 5 games, won 4 and lost 1. The 1st game we lost 21-18. 1 set only...
    No time to adjust to the surrounding as it was the 1st game for us... What an excuse!

The Ballarat games we played today were not exciting. Besides the 1st game, the others are very one sided. I still prefer playing with my buddies at the CCC on Friday's night. I think our skills at the club are more closely matched.

There were some good international players there today.
    The men single's games were so explosive.
    And there were many good-looking players too...
    Sorry, forgot to bring the digital camera. No pics.

Not a bad trip overall. Good experience.

Come on Chris, please bring on the handicap matches... Thanks.

Took me about 2 hours to get to Ballarat from home and another 2 hours to get back. Very tired from driving...

zzzzzzzzzzz...

Till we meet again, take care and chao...

Fuji

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default Congratulations to Fuji & DoublesPlease

and the winner is ... not us!
    We're the runner-up. Got a digital watch each.

We played 5 games, won 4 and lost 1. The 1st game we lost 21-18. 1 set only...
    No time to adjust to the surrounding as it was the 1st game for us... What an excuse!

The Ballarat games we played today were not exciting. Besides the 1st game, the others are very one sided. I still prefer playing with my buddies at the CCC on Friday's night. I think our skills at the club are more closely matched.

There were some good international players there today.
    The men single's games were so explosive.
    And there were many good-looking players too...
    Sorry, forgot to bring the digital camera. No pics.

Not a bad trip overall. Good experience.

Come on Chris, please bring on the handicap matches... Thanks.

Fuji
    Hi Fuji & DoublesPlease,

Congratulations to both of you.

You guys just lost out by only 3 points(105 Vs 102).

To us, that's a great result and we are proud of you.

Good to know that it was A Good Trip & A Good Experience too.

With your digital watches prizes, you guys can be our Club's Official Session Timekeepers(I just remembered my embarrassment last night for finishing our session at 10:00pm instead of at 10:30pm).

Cheers... chris@ccc

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Thumbs up *~ Congrats ~*

Hey Fuji & Peter!!!

Congrats!!!
    Chris is right - we are very proud of you!!! Good work!!!

Cheers.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Well done guys, as runners up will you guys be promoted to 'B' grade in the next tournament? It will be more challenging then.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by yschin
    Well done guys, as runners up will you guys be promoted to 'B' grade in the next tournament? It will be more challenging then.
    Hi LilyC, Chris and yschin,
    Thanks for all your good wishes, as to this question, maybe Chris can help answer. Thanks Chris, again.

B Grade? Oh no... If this is true, I better train harder then.

Fuji

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default Grading in Victoria, Australia

Hi LilyC, Chris and yschin,

Thanks for all your good wishes, as to this question, maybe Chris can help answer. Thanks Chris, again.

B Grade? Oh no... If this is true, I better train harder then.

Fuji

Hi Fuji,

I would suggest that you guys win a Tournament @C-Grade before you move on to B-Grade.

Our Badminton Association in Melbourne do not have an Official Grader. In the past, Des Watson was consulted about grading of players. At the moment, I have been consulted(occasionally) by CBA(through Gary Grierson) about grading of players. But I am not the Official Grader for Melbourne.

When I was the Official Grader for the Sydney Badminton Association, I would promote players who have won an event. In order words, when a player wins a C-Grade, I would promote him/her to B-Grade. By doing so, I was preventing anyone to win C-Grade twice.

But in Melbourne, we do not do it that way. Players can win several C-Grade Tournaments. To me, I think it is silly. Why do we want to win so many C-Grade trophies anyway?

So, for you, try to think similar to my philosophy, win a C-Grade trophy first and then move on. The trophies should remind you of your progress in Badminton over the years. And if you work hard enough. you should eventually win a B-Grade and A-Grade, and even get into the Open/International-Grade.

Cheers... chris@ccc

Last edited by chris-ccc; 06-04-2006 at 04:34 AM.

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default Gymnasium Use Policy issued from Christian Church College

Hi everyone@ccc,

I was sent a mail from the owner of our gymnasium(see below);

Hello to you all.
    Just a note to each of you that on two separate occasions there have been black scuff marks on the gym floor. It was ascertained that it would occur from someone playing badminton, who prefers the right side of the gym (looking at the gym from the front doors) and does not change ends during the session.
    As I said, it has only happened twice. This person may have on the correct shoes but with maybe a small area of the shoe that will mark.
    Please watch out for this if it is one of your group and bring it to their attention.
    It was very difficult to remove these marks from the floor but we have finally done so.
    I would appreciate any feedback that you can give me regarding the gym's state.
    Remember
    No marking shoes
    Clean up after yourselves
    Lock up after yourselves
    No food or drink in the main gym
    No going upstairs to the mezzanine floor
    Keep children under your safe observation
    And above all
    Enjoy the facility and have a great time!
    ===end mail===

Well, I know it wasn't us who maked the floor. That statement ”It was ascertained that it would occur from someone playing badminton, who prefers the right side of the gym (looking at the gym from the front doors) and does not change ends during the session” proves it, as we always play matches of BEST OF 2 GAMES, changing ends after the 1st game.

I think that we have looked after the Gym in a good or proper manner. And I think we all love the Gym and we will take proper care for it.

I will also take this opportunity to reveal the Conditions of Use that I have agreed to undertake to observe and that I am willing to bind myself to be liable to pay the cost of any damage which may be done to the building and/or fixtures while under hire or use by me.

Gymnasium Use Policy (May 2005)

Car Parking
    There are adequate parking spaces available and it is expected that vehicles only park within the defined areas. There is not to be any parking on the oval, gardens or paths. Knox Council do not approve the parking of vehicles on the nature strip of Cathies Lane.

Rubbish
    Please place all your rubbish into the BLUE BIN(Dumpmaster) in the car park.

Liquor Consumption
    In line with College and Church policies, these is to be NO consumpyion of alcohol either inside or outside the building.

Smoking
    All College facilities and grounds are TOTAL NON-SMOKING AREAS.

Chewing Gum
    Chewing Gum is not allowed in this facility.

Supervision of Children
    Permission to use the gymnasium relates to the gymnasium only. Access to other areas of the College is not permitted. Children must be supervised by an adult at all times.

The Area Covered by Permission to Use the Gymnasium
    The main gymnasium
    Foyer
    First Aid Room
    Toilets
    General Purpose Store
    Cleaning Room
    All other areas, such as stores and offices, are strictly out of bounds.

Cleaners
    Please ensure that the areas are left clean and tidy. Any additional cleaning required following your use of the facility will be charged at $30 per hour.

Furniture
    The College does not provide any furniture. Unless otherwised with and approved by the College, no furniture is allowed on the main gymnasium floor surface. Please do NOT drag chairs, tables, equipment, etc across the floor.

Cooking
    Cooking is not permitted within this facility.

Security
    The user/hirer is responsible for seeing that the gymnasium is securely locked prior to any departure, gates are to be locked.

Damage
    Please advise the College immediately if any damage occurs.

Displayed Rules
    Please observe all rules as diplayed in the facility.

We hope that others will look after the Gymnasium as well as we do. It is of such excellent condition and we want to keep it that way.

Cheers... chris@ccc

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default Ballarat Tournament 2006 Results

Hi everyone@ccc,

Just received this news item.

Badminton: No joy for Kiwis
    (NZ Herald)

Monday June 5, 2006

It was two losses from two finals for New Zealand players at the Ballarat Badminton International in Victoria.
    Commonwealth Games representative John Moody couldn't quite defend his singles title, losing in straight games to Englishman Nicholas Kidd 21-18, 21-15 in the final.
    Moody is ranked at 34 while Kidd is 44 in the world. Earlier Moody had defeated Australian Stuart Gomez 21-15, 21-10 in the semifinals.
    Maggie Chan accounted for Australian Erica Pong after being a set down 13-21, 21-16, 22-20 in a tough semifinal but was easily beaten by Taipei's Chia Chi Huang 21-8, 21-4 in the final.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I agree with Chris, it's very hard to prove who made those marks.

It is unfortunate for someone who wore the wrong shoes and only fair that a notice be given to every person that uses the gym. Let's hope this message is conveyed to all the groups that use the gym.

I wish to keep playing there and will do my part to keep the gym in its current conditions for years to come, clean, bright and very new bathroom...
    A bit cold though at this time of the year after taking a shower...

Fuji.

Page 9 of 33 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 ... LastLast