Ricky, update on your shoes please...

Discussion in 'Clothing & Footwear' started by Ah Ching, May 9, 2001.

1. Ah Ching

Ah Ching Guest

Ricky, read the Mizuno shoe review and noticed you have the LBR and Wave Smash Ti. I want to ask how are the shoes holding up? Still as grippy and comfortable? I have wide flat feet and I see that Mizuno shoes are for wide feet from their Mizuno website. Any experiences on the the Wave MS and Wave Return Ti? Hard to find Mizuno shoes at Luxis with size 10.5 or 26.5cm? Thanks in advance.

2. Ricky

Ricky Regular Member

IT
    I'm sorry for not having enough time to post a full review of the Wave Smash Ti. What I can share is : I've two pairs of badminton shoes - Yonex SHB92EX, Mizuno LBR and Mizuno Wave Smash Ti. Both Mizuno shoes are very comfortable (I believe I've wide feet too), much better Yonex. As I said earlier, the main problem with LBR is not sufficient cushioning, and the problem for Wave Smash Ti is its weight.

For grippy, both Mizuno shoes are good (Wave Smash Ti is better). However, if you are looking for the most grippy shoes, then Mizuno DX (or the coming Wave DX) should be better.

No experience for Wave MS and Wave Return Ti so far, but I would like to try Wave MS - as it has the benefits of shoes with Wave technology and it is also being emphasised for its light weight.

I think it is difficult for Luxis to import too many shoes from Japan, they are costly ! If you really like those shoes and they don't have stock, I guess you can ask them to ship the shoes to you later, Mr. Ng and his wife should be very helpful.

3. Ah Ching

Ah Ching Guest

Thanks for replying Ricky. :) Did you have to special order your Mizunos? I mainly play on wood gymnasium floors so the Mizunos are good for this surface? Ricky, what price($HK) range am I looking at for the Wave MS and Wave Return Ti? I can always count on Ricky for good badminton recommendations. Ah Ching.

4. Ricky

Ricky Regular Member

IT
    Thanks for your appreciation, actually a lot of ppl (still don't know what ppl exactly stands for) have very good sharing in this forum as well.

Personally I think both the DX and Wave Smash DX are too grippy (the base should be similar for these two shoes). Both the LBR and Wave Smash Ti are good on most floors. Again, the Wave Smash Ti is a bit better since it has special design feature to prevent you from slipping.

For price, what I can say is : they are ridiculously high (e.g. Wave Smash Ti costs me ~HK$1000) ! The LBR is much cheaper (~HK$3xx) because the Mizuno dealer in HK has imported this model. Wave Smash Ti should be the most expensive Mizuno badminton shoes (11,500 yen), the Wave Return MS costs 7,900 yen (so you can calculate how much it approximately costs).

Luxis can order almost any Mizuno goods for you from Japan. You just need to ask them to do so - they can do it for anyone, if you can afford the price.