Don't want to goto sleep

Discussion in 'Chit-Chat' started by Eurasian =--(O), Apr 19, 2006.

1. Eurasian =--(O)

Eurasian =--(O) Regular Member

Anyone have the desire at night time to not goto bed? Like you will find anything else to do other than sleeping? Even if you have an early day tommorow?

2. newjazz

newjazz Regular Member

typist
    well.. yeah.. many times i feel that way..
    specially when i know the next day there will be some i-hate-to-do kind of work.. and when feel so 'sick' to go for work....

3. stumblingfeet

stumblingfeet Regular Member

This one week I had five midterm exams, one each day from Monday through Friday, but no classes to attend. So, each day that week I slept at 2-3 am and woke up at 10-11am.

That Saturday, I had a badminton tournament, but on Friday night, I just couldn't fall asleep. I think I finally went to bed at around 4:30 am. At that point I was so sleepy I must have slept through the alarm clock, and I didn't wake up until much later when my partner called me asking why I was two hours late for the tournament.

Ah.. good times.

4. Dave18

Dave18 Regular Member

Student
    All the time. I'm a nocturnal person. I don't like to sleep but sleep is good and heathy for us. In the winter, I can sleep all day. But now it's spring heading into summer, the sun rises early and its so hot and humid, its hard for me to sleep late and wake up late because its so bright outside.

5. Eurasian =--(O)

Eurasian =--(O) Regular Member

do you think not wanting to goto sleep for no reason is lack of discipline? thats the only thing I can think of

6. wilfredlgf

wilfredlgf Regular Member

Security Engineer
    You will find that once you need to be early regularly becomes a necessity, the need to stay up late will be reduced.

7. Super~ME!

Super~ME! Regular Member

student
    ...it's always easier to force yourself to stay awake than it is to make yourself fall asleep. i have this bad habit too...and i'm doing it right now...:p but i personally feel that since i'm not going to fall asleep anytime soon ...i might as well do something with that time...like getting ahead in homework or soemthing productive. after i get started...i don't want to stop and i just keep going until it waaay past my bedtime. after a while...it has become a bad habit. even when i have a test or something the next day and i promise myself to go to bed at like 11...i end up studying and constantly extending my time until like 1am. it's like...time is precious...and i dont' wanna sleep it all away...:rolleyes: