Are you fed up with your old club?

Discussion in 'Australia / New Zealand' started by magicinsports, Apr 20, 2006.

1. magicinsports

magicinsports Regular Member

Have you been in a club where the old committee members dominate all the decisions in committee meeting (only once a year!)? Have you seen a group of people who always play together but ignore to play with other people? Have you seen a club who likes to spend money on eating rather than improving members’ badminton skills? Have you seen a club who used to organise two intra-club competitions a year proposes to organise one competition every month instead because they have too much money to spend? Have you seen a group of people trying to isolate you when your badminton skills are too good for them? Have you heard a group of people criticising you behind that you are choosing players to play only because you take 10 minutes to do warm up exercises upon arrival and let other players play first? Have you seen a committee who don’t encourage other players to participate in open competition (learning more about badminton) but wish you to stay low with them? If this group of people is the old club committee members, what would you feel about this club?... I have seen all of them and even more in a club where I have played for six years.

I was just fed up with such a club, so I decided to start a new club to get rid of club ‘bugs’ and to promote badminton sports rather than bad spirits. If you are not satisfied with your club or the players, or you are a lone ranger, you may consider to join our club, whether you’re 15 or 50 years old and whether you are a beginner or an advanced player, because we treasure skills and good attitudes. We treasure progressive learning, not stagnant thought; we treasure openness, not closed minds; we treasure nice people, not ‘bugs’; we treasure badminton and sport spirits, not buffets and gossips.

If you are interested to join a group who is learning and enjoying badminton all the time, send me a reply or a private message.

2. libra

libra Regular Member

Are you not having success in getting people to Taren Point on Sundays that you have to advertise your club multiple times in multiple threads?

I personally would like to try playing at new places but with so little time and Taren Point being so far away I don't think I can make it.

3. magicinsports

magicinsports Regular Member

Libra,
    It's alright if someone living far away could not come to play in our club.

I'm not just advertising for our club. I just expressed some feelings which are common to some people and draw their attention to a place that they might find happier to play.