Bbeshop

Discussion in 'Market Place' started by wunderbar, Jan 8, 2003.

1. wunderbar

wunderbar Regular Member

Anyone bought stuff from http://www.bbeshop.com?

Hi,
    Just wondering if anyone has bought anything from them before. If so, just wanted to get some feedback on service and if it is reliable. They have some pretty good prices and even with the $19(ground) or $29(air) shipping, it still is cheaper than getting it in Canada. Do we get charged duty on badminton racquets? That may make it not as good a deal.

Thanks.

2. LazyBuddy

LazyBuddy Regular Member

Engineer
    Re: Anyone bought stuff from http://www.bbeshop.com?

According to their website's feedback, seems it's very reliable. I've heard ppl (from internet chart rooms) gave good rating on their services. I believed this store stayed in business for years and gain pretty good reputation already.

I just read their site http://www.bbesports.com/en/order.htm

The shipping fee is the following:

1. Regular orders: USD $38/ order via EMS
    2. Shuttles: 10-25 dozen USD $29, 26-50 dozen USD $49
    3. If u pay check or international money order, u need to send through UPS or DHL, etc, with additonal USD$6 fee. If u pay telegraphic transfer, USD$15 fee.

So, add all up... I don't think any cheaper anymore. Plus, oversea stuff does NOT carry warranty.

However, on this page http://www.bbesports.com/bdbc/index_buystep.htm
    They did indicate the shipping is USD $29, which I am not sure.

3. LazyBuddy

LazyBuddy Regular Member

Engineer
    BTW, if u r actually referring to the Chinese website, which has branches in GongDong and BeiJing (KongTong & Peking), u should double check ur web address.

It's www.bbesports.com

If I am right, maybe u should make it clear, since ur title is wrong then. However, if I am wrong, and u r actually talking about another site, please just ignore both of my posts.

Good luck.

4. jwu

jwu Regular Member

Medical Research
    seconding LB's post, www.bbeshop.com or Bluesky shop has cheap prices but after all the handling charges they add to your order such as the various shipping methods, additional charges depending on form of payments, it really isn't that cheap anymore and it is actually quite a hassle in my opinion. Your best bet would be just to send them an e-mail with regards to what item(s) you would like and they will e-mail you back a quote of how much it all adds up to. This way you can evaluate that price and if you like it, just e-mail them back to finalize the order.

5. ivan

ivan Regular Member

Student
    JWU is right, a lot of hidden cost like shipping and handling. Shipping costs 29.XX which sounds reasonable to me, but the payment methods are really pain in the a#%. Let me explain this to you. USPS has decided to stop money order services to China because of some lousy reasons, thus, you can only use telegraphic transfer, check or cash. It costs $40 bucks here in Hawaii to do the telegraphic transfer, hence, not really a good method to go with. If you are buying traveler's check, bank will charge you certain amount of money for each $100 dollars you buy. After that, you will have to sign all the check, which means if the postal office lost the damn thing, all those coins you send to China is gone, and I dont' think bbeshop will responsible for it :( Cash.... in my opinion, it just doesn't sound smart to send cash all the way to China, too much risk. In addition, once your coin gets there, its not like they are going to follow the current foreign exchange rate, all these rates are fixed, for example, they xchange 1 USD to 8.10 RMB, but its actually more like 1 USD to 8.27. Besides that, they also charge additional coins for different payment methods. Therefore, you lost money here and there, unless the order is large enough to cover up all those hidden costs, you are actually spending more coins then buying stuffs locally.

#5 ivan, Jan 9, 2003
    Last edited: Jan 9, 2003
  6. LazyBuddy

LazyBuddy Regular Member

Engineer
    Money is a pain, never have to say the hidden risk in shiping and warranty. Imagine if the item get lost of damaged on its way, what u r going to do? Making international calls to deal with all the issues? I don't think so.

Well, I think the easiest way, is, like other ppl who does shopping in Asia. Visit their local store if u have chance, or beg ur friends or relatives to do so. Just have to make sure they have a little bit sense about what they are going to pay for.

For me, I have a friend going there for me to pick up some shuttles. I just emailed him the website, and let him know exactly the brand, model, price, even what the logo looks like. Too bad, he does not know too much about badminton. Otherwise, I was thinking about getting a Victor "Gongzhichao 2000" racket. Only like USD$80 over there...

7. aznricearoni

aznricearoni Regular Member

BBE Shop?

Hi, I was wondering if anyone knows anything about bbeshop, I was wondering if they are a good retailer, ie) authentic products, your response would be greatly appreciated =)

8. Dot-tom

Dot-tom New Member

According to previous responses to the same question. bbeshop is a pretty decent retailer. Please search this forum on the exact comments/responses.
    Have fun buying.:)

9. aznricearoni

aznricearoni Regular Member

Sorry, I am unsure how the search works, on the left in that box that says [search...] i typed in bbeshop and bbe shop and bluesky, and everytime it gave me 0 result, so I post my question here, sorry for the inconvenience, and thanks for the help

10. LazyBuddy

LazyBuddy Regular Member

Engineer
    Use the "search" in the blue tool bar right below the pictures. The "Search" is right next to "Today's post". :)

11. charzord

charzord Regular Member

Student
    Wrong search

I think the search you using only searches www.badmintoncentral.com, which contains mainly articles. What you want to do is go into www.badmintonforum.com and use the top right search beside "today's posts" as LazyBuddy stated. Again, you want to watch out you are in the right place, because searching in the top right corner may not always mean you are searching www.badmintonforum.com.

Good Luck,
    Charzord

12. wood_22_chuck

wood_22_chuck Regular Member

Electronics Technologist
  13. riosan

riosan Regular Member

Student
    Has anybody bought from bbeshop? Can anyone review their store, like how well they deliver and their prices compared to others online stores. Also, are their products genuine?

Thanks

14. Matt

Matt Regular Member

IT Developer
    BBEShop is genuine. Well known stop in China and so as BBESports. I have not personally shop from them but plan to buy something from them next month.

15. chickenpoodle

chickenpoodle Regular Member

their products are genuine.
    their prices are generally pretty fair.
    their delivery is very fast, about 4 days from china to alberta, canada.
    packaging is superb.

16. BobbyGeneric

BobbyGeneric Regular Member

IT professional
    how about duties when getting stuff mailed to canada?

how did the original cost compare to the actual cost you ended up paying?

thanks for the info :)

17. jerby

jerby Regular Member

great service for me. paid with paypal (+6,5% handle fee, not too bad) and so far bought 2 shirts and a shitload of strings, wich are quite cheap in bulk. It always takes 2/3days to get an accurate price-estimate, then paypal. then 4 days to the goods arive at my home...

great shop! for me that is...

18. chickenpoodle

chickenpoodle Regular Member

friend did order for four ti10s
    618 canadian dollars total, and 6.5% handling fee.
    set up the order via email, receive invoice via paypal.
    shipping takes roughly up to a week.

19. Simp84

Simp84 Regular Member

Student
    6.5%? I got charged 4%

#19 Simp84, Apr 22, 2006
    Last edited: Apr 22, 2006
  20. BobbyGeneric

BobbyGeneric Regular Member

IT professional
    When you guys are saying what you ordered... can you be specific about whether it was bbeshop.com or bbesports.com? I compared the two pages and it seems they have different products/prices on each in some cases. Also what were costs like for duties once it came into Canada?