User Tag List

Results 1 to 11 of 11

Thread: Scary Pain

  1. #1
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2002
    Location
    Basement Boiler Room
    Posts
    22,118
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default Scary Pain

    Yesterday I had a scary day of pain.
    I woke up, ate breakfast and went to work.
    As I got out the door, my right ankle didnt feel right, internal pain ahow up from no where in my right ankle. I know i didnt twist anything the nite before.

    When i got to work, the pain was quite unbearable. The pain from the right ankle was sharp, even worst when i walk and/or put weight on it.
    Worst was I had to attend company shareholder meeting and i had to hobble to and from the transit station. My coworkers notice it right away. The situation peaked around noon. Scenarios are spinning in my head. Is this the end of badminton for cooler? What's wrong with meeeeeeeeee

    Then i sat in my office and work thru the afternoon. I did got up and walk to colleages offices and the pain wasn't as bad but it's only few feet away and i walk lightly on my right foot.
    As I got off work 5pm, the pain level was around 50%. By 6 pm, the pain level was 25%. By 7pm it was 5% pain. by 8pm it was like 1%. I was so surprised. I even went to play badminton that nite at 8:45pm and i was totally fine, no pain even with all the twisting and flooring pounding rallies.

    Question: was it due to a pinched nerve and things got realigned and self healed? What happened
    Anyone experienced this before?
    Last edited by cooler; 04-20-2006 at 09:43 PM.

  2. #2
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    May 2003
    Location
    Vancouver, BC
    Posts
    2,214
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    That's VERY strange. Are you sure nothing funny happened to your ankle beforehand, however minor?

    -dave

  3. #3
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Location
    Australia, Melbourne
    Posts
    13
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Did you gently roll your angle around to see at what angle hurt most? I've had something like that with my hip joint. Man, it hurt... and after a while I felt something pop back in place. I think it was a pinched nerve and all it needed was to pop back to where it's supposed to be.

    At least now you're not hurting any more *fingers crossed*

  4. #4
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2002
    Location
    Basement Boiler Room
    Posts
    22,118
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by wood_22_chuck
    That's VERY strange. Are you sure nothing funny happened to your ankle beforehand, however minor?

    -dave
    none. The nite before(tuesday) i played badminton too, very relaxed games. Definitely not from tuesday nite badminton. The only possibble source is when i came home to cook supper, i did slide and twist a bit back and forth, purposely, in the kitchen while cooking supper because i didnt get enough footwork from badminton. I showered, surfed bf, and then went to bed. I didnt notice anything.

    Wednesday nite(the painful day), i played a lot tougher games and everything held up.
    Last edited by cooler; 04-20-2006 at 10:51 PM.

  5. #5
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2002
    Location
    Basement Boiler Room
    Posts
    22,118
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by MythrilBlue
    Did you gently roll your angle around to see at what angle hurt most? I've had something like that with my hip joint. Man, it hurt... and after a while I felt something pop back in place. I think it was a pinched nerve and all it needed was to pop back to where it's supposed to be.

    At least now you're not hurting any more *fingers crossed*
    yes, i did try some ankle rolling by hands in hope to realign up something inside the ankle but didnt work. Ankles (and necks) guesswork is tougher than the hip because it has more nerves and tendons and bone pieces.
    Last edited by cooler; 04-20-2006 at 10:52 PM.

  6. #6
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Oct 2004
    Location
    Bell tower
    Posts
    732
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Without knowing anything about the OP, his physical condition and his medical history, I'm going to relay this story about someone I used to work with some years ago. I'm not a qualified medical personnel of any kind and am not in any way offering a diagnosis. Also, keep in mind that this happened over 10 years ago, so I'm a little hazy on some of the details, but I'll do my best to be as accurate as possible.

    Now, with all that disclaimer out of the way, here goes: this colleague of mine went to his GP for recurring ankle pains. His doctor's diagnosis? Heart attack. Apparently, everytime he experienced those ankle pains, he suffered a minor attack. IIRC, by the time he went to the doctor, he's had 3 or 4 attacks already that he didn't know about or, rather, didn't realise he had.

    I guess the moral of the story is that the classic image of someone suffering a heart attack clutching her/his chest in pain isn't always the case.

    FWIW.

  7. #7
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Nov 2004
    Location
    Monterey Park
    Posts
    349
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    well i hope your all good now

    i however have had this really strange problem a couple of times. it is the most unusual pain ever. well one time i was sick with stomach flu, and i went up to go to the restroom (#1). out of nowhere, this incredible pain overcame me. it is really too hard to describe or even remember. ill i remember is that basically everywhere was in pain. my legs felt very weak. my vision started to greyout/blackout. my vision started to look like "noise" in pictures, seeing dots everywhere. the pain was so intense, i nearly collapse and was having cold sweat coming out. i quickly hurried and lied down. after lying down for around 5 minutes, the pain faded. i really have no idea what kind of problem this is. i hope someone could help me.

  8. #8
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Dec 2003
    Location
    Vancouver, BC
    Posts
    728
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by cooler
    ...I had to attend company shareholder meeting...
    Are you the company CEO/CFO and had to make a speach about reasons why profits are in the red, share prices going down, and why your shareholders should invest in more stocks!?

    Cheers!

  9. #9
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2002
    Location
    Basement Boiler Room
    Posts
    22,118
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Break-My-String
    Are you the company CEO/CFO and had to make a speach about reasons why profits are in the red, share prices going down, and why your shareholders should invest in more stocks!?

    Cheers!
    nah, i dont sink that low
    I go there to hear what my company had done, and will do.

  10. #10
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Sep 2004
    Location
    aujerbajan
    Posts
    1,159
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Quasimodo
    Without knowing anything about the OP, his physical condition and his medical history, I'm going to relay this story about someone I used to work with some years ago. I'm not a qualified medical personnel of any kind and am not in any way offering a diagnosis. Also, keep in mind that this happened over 10 years ago, so I'm a little hazy on some of the details, but I'll do my best to be as accurate as possible.

    Now, with all that disclaimer out of the way, here goes: this colleague of mine went to his GP for recurring ankle pains. His doctor's diagnosis? Heart attack. Apparently, everytime he experienced those ankle pains, he suffered a minor attack. IIRC, by the time he went to the doctor, he's had 3 or 4 attacks already that he didn't know about or, rather, didn't realise he had.

    I guess the moral of the story is that the classic image of someone suffering a heart attack clutching her/his chest in pain isn't always the case.

    FWIW.
    That is scary!

  11. #11
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    May 2003
    Location
    London area, UK
    Posts
    3,949
    Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Quasimodo
    I guess the moral of the story is that the classic image of someone suffering a heart attack clutching her/his chest in pain isn't always the case.
    Bizarrely, this is true. It has been suggested that about one in four heart attacks produce no symptoms, or produce seemingly irrelevant symptoms.

    This is an extreme form of the condition known as silent ischemia, where the heart suffers a chronic shortage of oxygen that leads to irreversible damage.

Similar Threads

  1. Replies: 7
    : 12-22-2009, 09:16 AM
  2. Scary Badminton Injury
    By RedShuttle in forum Injuries
    Replies: 3
    : 05-04-2009, 08:12 PM
  3. Scary fish!!! =O
    By Baderz_Jas in forum Chit-Chat
    Replies: 57
    : 01-15-2007, 08:04 AM
  4. scary
    By SheldonZhang in forum General Forum
    Replies: 1
    : 06-10-2004, 11:11 AM

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •