Problems Adjusting to new(old) racket.

Discussion in 'Racket Recommendation / Comparison' started by Zhangjia, Apr 21, 2006.

1. Zhangjia

Zhangjia Regular Member

A couple days ago I bought a racket from a friend. It was really cheap and a really good deal. Its a "VHPG Polo". I've never heard of this brand or model, but it feels like a 3U. I switched to this from an Isometric 30VF (that greyish/yellow one). Problem is, I never get enough power hitting the birdie.. My control is better, but my clears and smashes are really weak. I think its because I rarely hit the sweetspot, but im not sure. How do I get better with this racquet and hit harder? Also, how do I get used to this racket and adjust from my old isometric head to this oval head shape? (any ideas? other than playing more?)..

2. __Lam

__Lam Regular Member

sry but thats all you CAN do to get adjust to a new racquet, from experience, no other way. even the pros need SOME time to adjust from racquet to racquet to play good. you can weight train to increase power, but i'd just ditch it and stick with the isometric. the isometric has a larger sweetspot so theres no other way to learn how to hit a smaller sweetspot other then playing more.