Racquet recommendation help

Discussion in 'Racket Recommendation / Comparison' started by JoeyC., Apr 22, 2006.

1. JoeyC.

JoeyC. Regular Member

Hi, I was wondering if someone could help me figure out which racquets to choose from. I have no possible way of testing these racquets out.
    I like to play offensively, my smash is considered quite strong, but my defense is really good, I can drop very well, and do about almost anything at the moment (except jump smashes -_-) I am looking for a racquet that will help me deliver more power in my shots. I can defend quite well with any racquet so it dosen't have to be light or anything like that.
    The racquets I have thought about are:
    -at700
    -mp100
    -Ti-10
    Right now I am using a at500 for singles and ns7k for doubles. I like the fact that my at500 is headheavy but I am still not getting enough power that I think I can get. If possible I would also like to get a rough estimate of what kind of tension I should be using and what kind of strings. Right now my tension is 23lbs but I find its not quite right. Any help will be greatly appriecated, and thanks again ^^!

#1 JoeyC., Apr 22, 2006
    Last edited: Apr 22, 2006
  2. jerby

jerby Regular Member

what do you mean with "not quiet right tension"? does it feel loose and 'dead' of does it fele liek you have to hit harder than you should? it the latter try 22, or 21.

as for the rest, you have to be carefull with the at700 since it's quite flexy opposed to yy's measurements...but still powerfull. the mp100 is considered by some 'unplayable' because it's soo stiff.Can't help you mcuhw itht his, was mainly posting because of the strings. what string do you use now?

3. JoeyC.

JoeyC. Regular Member

Right now I'm using ashaway microlegend I believe at 23lbs.

4. jerby

jerby Regular Member

you can ty bg80 form yy maybe some time, less durable but boy it plays sweet.
    but what do you mean with 'not quite right'?

5. JoeyC.

JoeyC. Regular Member

I just find that when I hit it compared to my bg66 I'm not as accurate and I don't really like the sound either....I'd go back to bg66 but I broke the strings on both my racquets quite easily, since its not that durable.

6. Stingy

Stingy Regular Member

I have my at500 strung with BG65Ti at 22 lbs. I find it fairly accurate. I'm the same type of player you are, I just don't know how our strength measures up.

I've tried the Ti-10 strung at 22, I believe, and I found it to be very responsive. I got decent power and control out of it. I think the drops I got were a bit better than the ones from my at500 because of the difference in balance - the at500 is head heavy while the Ti-10 is even.