My 1st Serious Racket

Discussion in 'Racket Recommendation / Comparison' started by Blakey101, Apr 24, 2006.

1. Blakey101

Blakey101 Regular Member

Student
    Hey everyone,

I've got a Prince QF Rip Ti at the moment, and in a month or two's time am looking to upgrade to preferably a Yonex as i understand these to be the best make of Racket available.

I'm an all-round player, i make some smashes and also play the tight technical games as well, so i'm looking for a well balanced racket.

I was thinking maybe the Nanospeed 7000 or 6000, because i have heard they are good for all-round players like me.

Can anyone give me any personal recommendations as to what rackets i should be looking at?

Thanks in advance.

2. Jay Scott

Jay Scott Regular Member

Student
    I am personally a big fan of the Yonex Muscle Power 99.

It is a stiff racket and is very well balanced which means it has lost of power when you need it, but can be switched to the defensive and 'touch' orientated net game very easily.

If you are buying from the UK I would use www.centralsports.co.uk. This website is very good, it has the best prices out there, delivery is very fast and if it isn't free delivery, it's always well priced. And at £79.99 (With some free items! :)) The MP99 is not too dear anymore either. (Especially when compared to the Nanospeed alternatives.)

Hope this is of some help.

Jay

3. Blakey101

Blakey101 Regular Member

Student
    I didn't see the guide thing for asking about racket, so i'll be specific in what i'm looking for.

I play about 1-3 times a week, and am very serious about it at the moment, and would, in a few months be playing every day if possible, because i absolutely love it.

I would say i'm a all-round player, but probably more a net player than an aggressive smasher.

Performance is priority really, but i would like a reasonable amount of durability to the racket.

I'm looking to spend approximately £70-£150..don't know what that is in CAD/USD

Thanks again.

4. Matt

Matt Regular Member

IT Developer
  5. Blakey101

Blakey101 Regular Member

Student
    Looking to spend $125-$268 USD, $142-$304 CAD, just to clear that up...

6. Viper2005

Viper2005 Regular Member

Play Badminton Everyday!
    Yonex NS7000

Don't recommend getting the Yonex NS7000.
    Just saw someone playing over the weekend, he was hitting a plastic shuttle and he miss hit the shuttle on the frame and it just broke. NS7000 is so fragile that a simple miss hit can break it. :eek:

7. Matt

Matt Regular Member

IT Developer
    Was it brand new or it already had been clashed in the past before the mis-hit?

8. Blakey101

Blakey101 Regular Member

Student
    I spoke to the bloke behind the counter in my local Badminton shop, and he plays Badminton alot, and would recommend either the Nanospeed 6000, or the Armortec 8000 DF.....he also said the the Muscle Power 99 would be too stiff for me,

Does anyone recommend/not recommend these rackets?