any coaches???

Discussion in 'Canada West' started by liyux2, Apr 24, 2006.

1. liyux2

liyux2 Regular Member

Student
    hi, im not sure what is better for me group or private. private is kinda expensive but if it helps then :p . just wondering if any 1 here is a coach or some 1 know a coach who offers coaching. i really want to improve on singles games:D

2. black_knight006

black_knight006 Regular Member

Work at a pro-shop
    There are several good coaches around. First of all you need to know where too look and there are a few people that you need to avoid. There are several places to play, Clear one, clear two, vrc, vlt, and now this new place opening up in Richmond. Clear One has been having alot of complaints by players lately who have had troubles with the coaches. Apparently one of my friends who will go unnamed is leaving Clear one because he feels that the coach there is just in it for the money. The VRC however has been having troubles of its own. A former world champion Ximing coaches there, (or should I say coached), and he is most definately an excellent coach. Calvin Holoboff coaches there as well, and despite peoples personal differences against him, he is ultimately a good coach. I was in Vancouver for a tournament over one weekend and managed to train under him for three days after the tournament was over. I learned several valuable things and my game greatly improved. The best part is that he signed us in and coached us, (my doubles partner and I), for free. I believe that it was due to the fact that we were from 23 hours away from Vancouver. With Calvin you have to be in his good books from right off the bat, and you need to have desire. 110% from the get go. That is the best way to have positive results with him. However, I would recommend checking out this new place where Ximing is coaching. The new place in Richmond sounds to have quite a bit of good coaching staff...however I would suggest getting in with Ximing only. I was looking at the list of players who are going to be coaching there and some of them are almost a little too young to be coaching. Often times a player can be excellent but that doesn't mean they are a good coach. They may know a few things but that doesn't make them a good coach. I would suggest getting in with Ximing or another coach who has proven results. Try the Richmond place that is opening up. Ultimately it will depend on how much you want to get better. I am moving down from the city that I've lived in for the past 18 1/2 years, the only place I've ever lived in long-term, leaving my family and friends...just because I wanna get better at badminton and I just can't get the coaching necessary here. If travelling or relocating is not an issue then I personally suggest moving to Victoria and training with Keith Anton. Just a suggestion. I'll ttyl! Message me back!:cool:

3. Break-My-String

Break-My-String Regular Member

I would suggest you to give further information about your experience with badminton, ie/ where you normally play, how long you have been playing, any training prior, and what your expectations are when you say to "improve your singles games."

Cheers!