Badminton academy(ies) in Singapore?

Discussion in 'Singapore' started by balujoshi, Apr 25, 2006.

1. balujoshi

balujoshi New Member

Hello all!!

Is anyone aware of any badminton academy(ies) in Singapore? Some place where kids join at a young age and go on to get advanced coaching to become professionals? A non-residential kind of academy that conducts coaching on a daily/weekly basis?

I tried searching, but came up with only one result - Singapore Sports School, which started very recently. I understand by talking to different people that because of a lot of focus on the school curriculum, the parents do not encourage kids to take up sports as a profession.

I am from India and I have been in Singapore for only a year. So, I am curious to know what would be the response of people to a badminton academy that I mentioned above?

It wuld be great to hear views of badminton lovers in Singapore.

2. Iwan

Iwan Regular Member

Hi Balujoshi, for primary school children, the parents usually send the kids to primary schools with good badminton team and find private coaches to train their kids. There are a few coaches in this forum, Yadi_Susan being one of them. There are also a few listed coaches in the Singapore Badminton Association webpage. As for the ranking of the schools, you can check this thread out: http://www.badmintoncentral.com/vb/showthread.php?t=30851

3. zzz...

zzz... Regular Member

I know there are 2 academies.

1. Flymax Badminton Academy, located in Tampines Sports Hall and Hougang Sports Hall. The name of the shop is Fly2000.

2. Sintec, located in the opposite building of Tampines Sports Hall and near Bedok Sports Hall.